News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Sacramento CA Nov. 13-14, 2010

Started by BaldDragn, November 17, 2010, 01:45:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BaldDragn

Date: Nov. 13-14, 2010  

Instructors: BaldDragn/SB, Jules, 30 Cal Sleeper (IIT3), Polygunner (IIT3), Hambone (IIT3), nukechaser (IIT3), Ginger (IIT1), PinBreaker (IIT), Dani-O (IIT), Tank (IIT) -  Thanks to all for a great job!

Four new Riflemen; Robb "Scout357" 238, Chantel "Cheekers" 211, Lee 214 & 219, Beau 224.
Three new IITS; jmirel2, Cheekers, Scout357

31 participants on Saturday and 23 on Sunday

Red coats
        Sat. AM   Sat. PM  Sun. AM  Sun. PM
400     4            6           4           3
300     2            4           2           1
200     5            5           4           4
100     6            9           6           6
SQ      8            6           4           5
Clear   0            0           2           2

Weather: Perfect California November weather.

We had a good mix of new shooters and return Appleseeders, that along with plenty of instructors made for a very good weekend.

Saturday the 4:00 PM quiet hour limited us to one AQT but that was all Beau needed to rack up a 224.

Sunday morning started off just above freezing but as soon as the sun came out the sweaters were no longer needed. No winterseed for us yet.

I did plenty of talking this weekend so I'll let the instructors fill in the rest here.

"Anxiety and stress are the children of apathy and ignorance." - Jack Spirko

Saving the USS America - Good work if you can get it: Group Consensus, Sac 06/09 Instructors Meeting.

SAPPER STEEL!

Hambone

I had an odd feeling whilst setting up Sat am, but I guess that feeling was that everything was gonna go off without a hitch!
Great attitudes from the shooters and instructors, and the history (the most important part) was very well-told.
cant wait for Dec!
Angels on the sideline,
puzzled and amused.
Why did Father give these humans free will?
Now they're all confused.

Don't these talking monkeys know that Eden
has enough to go around?
Plenty in this holy garden.
Silly monkeys,
where there's one you're bound to divide it,
right in two.

Angels on the sideline,
baffled and confused.
Father blessed them all with reason
and this is what they choose?

BaldDragn

Here's a few pics of the staff.

Saving the USS America - Good work if you can get it: Group Consensus, Sac 06/09 Instructors Meeting.

SAPPER STEEL!

BaldDragn

And here's our new Riflemen and Riflewoman and our new IIT Cheekers.

Jmirel2 is also a new IIT but I didn't get a pic if him taking the hat.

SAPPER STEEL!

Jules

Wahoo! Fall is finally here on the Range. This is the kind of Appleseed weather I love. Great group of shooters. I had Lynda return from last month, and she brought a female co worker. That's how we like our shooters to do it! I had my girl Tina come from Stockton, who works as an archaeologist for Cal Trans. We had our youngest IIT's, Dani-O and Heavy Tank come and work the line. These two not only catch details to help shooters, Heavy Tank came to me with line concerns. Wow. Concerns were addressed, and the rest went off without a hitch. As proud parents, we watch our Orange hats grow, move up, take more responsibility... they all showed up, stepped up, and made it a great weekend. Thanks go out to our great Instructors; you don't realize that we can't do this without you, and how much we appreciate your hustle and muscle. My thanks to the parents behind the IIT's, who support them out here on the line, and allowing them to drop their responsibilities at home for a greater good. To my Fearless Leader: you continue to inspire and encourage not only me, but the whole cadre. You are my hero.

Looking towards December,
Not feeling a bit Scrappy,
Jules
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

PinBreaker

I had a great time.  The shooters had great attitudes and the instructors/RSOs made it easy to call the line on Sunday.

Staff Photos below:

PinBreaker

Congrats to the new rifleman:

PinBreaker

Shooters:

PinBreaker

And the sunset:

PinBreaker

If anyone is interested in the original, unresized version of your photo, please PM me.

I have 7 photos as yet unpublished from the October AS in Sacramento.  I couldn't find an AAR for it.  Can someone help out with a link?

Hambone

Pinbreaker, you never cease to amaze me with you eye for photography.  O0
This was a great shoot and I hope we are blessed enough to have more like it in the future.
Angels on the sideline,
puzzled and amused.
Why did Father give these humans free will?
Now they're all confused.

Don't these talking monkeys know that Eden
has enough to go around?
Plenty in this holy garden.
Silly monkeys,
where there's one you're bound to divide it,
right in two.

Angels on the sideline,
baffled and confused.
Father blessed them all with reason
and this is what they choose?

PinBreaker

Thanks for the encouragement Hambone.  I uploaded all of my unposted photos from previous AS to their AARs, so go to the AAR section (one up from here) and do a search on Sacramento.  Any that have me as the last poster will have recently uploaded photos from that event.  Sometimes it takes me a while to get to them.  I have one of your 'hawk.  Edit: I just realized the one of your hawk is from the missing October AAR.

So the photos below are from October (I need to buy a flash):