News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Beyond the Mask movie

Started by D.O.M., April 14, 2015, 01:42:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D.O.M.

Thought I should post this here as well, due to the homeschool connection.
This movie is about the American Revolution, and is made by homeshoolers.
http://www.beyondthemaskmovie.com/#/tickets?utm_source=Beyond%20The%20Mask%20-%20ONLY%20BTM.%20NO%20CROSS-PROMOTION&utm_campaign=5d9e208714-BTM_TicketHolders_20150318&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_67a6dfc573-5d9e208714-58597173&mc_cid=5d9e208714&mc_eid=d0b980cf45
I thought there might be some here that are interested in that sort of thing.  ;)
Can't we all just agree to disagree in a civil fashion while the planet's last, fading hope of liberty and prosperity gets snuffed out?

No. We can't.

de KD8AQT 73

D.O.M.

Spoiler alert!

I thought I should post about having seen the movie. Spoilers below.

The movie was fine. It's connection to the history that we all know and love was merely part of the setting.
The movie turned out to be a love story. Both of the love of the protagonist for the leading lady (and she for him), as well as Christ's love for humanity. It was a story of mistakes, forgiveness and redemption. There were some interesting effects, some "steam-punk" looking evil guy contraptions and hide-outs, lots of explosions with ninja fighting thrown in for good measure. There was also a conspiracy (which is at least partly true) about the East India Company as the military industrial complex component. Don't get me wrong, it was enjoyable enough. Just not what I had hoped for. Certainly waaaay less inaccurate than "Sons of Liberty". I think it's also worth supporting (voluntarily) local film production.
Can't we all just agree to disagree in a civil fashion while the planet's last, fading hope of liberty and prosperity gets snuffed out?

No. We can't.

de KD8AQT 73