News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

When is there an IL Winterseed coming?

Started by Turp, November 14, 2010, 06:40:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turp

(Whining a bit..  :'( )

I had thought this weekend's Alton Appleseed was going to be a Winterseed event, but no blue patches were available.

While we didn't have any precipitation, we did have dropping temps through the day with ~15mph winds plus gusts and no sun on Saturday.  We ended up in the 30's before it was all over.  (Today was much better though, started in the 30s, but got up to 50)

I scored a Purple Patch in April's shoot, and a Tan patch today, but now need to earn one of the new blue patches. :---

When is there an official Winterseed in IL coming?  (preferably southern IL)

Mogget

Good news for you...!!!

Two WinterSeeds next weekend.  Yup.  Hubertus and Racine, both in Wisconsin.  And luckily the forecast is high in the low 40s and low in the mid 20s with rain.  Snow might be iffy but cold mud is a certainty...

:D

Mogs

colycat

Turp,

Cry me a river :'( and No whining in Appleseed ^-^ You should have plenty of time to get a legitimate winter patch, even in IL.  Although if I were you, I would try for a Wisconsin shoot where you will have winter, you know like snow or freezing rain, or temps well below 32 degrees.  I hope I never get one of those blue patches $$-0. as, I am opposed to suffering.
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Garand69

Turp, I hope you see how well the cheese.... err I mean are Friends to Da Nort feel about your request ;D

We have shoots planned for January throuGh March, all with the capability of freezing your tail off. But none in the Sunny "South" all are north of I-80 and one a stones throw from the WI Border. Maybe we can get some down state interest going next December.

Now of course I have to chime in a bit on your patch collection though  :cool2: here is some motivational help for ya! http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=18325.0
See you on the trail O0
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

Turp

Good info.  I may see if I can hit one of the northern ones this winter if I can get away from the weekend.  We had a few Chicago people make the trek down to this one, only far that I head up north.

I will wait for Boba Fett's AAR, but we had some good results at this shootl.  I had to leave an hour early, but hopefully he ran out of patches with new rifleman!

Gopher Boy

Turp,

Well, Bonfield is this weekend.  The weather doesn't look like it will be bad enough for a "winterseed", but you can always pray for snow.

G.B.

dragonfly

Quote from: Mogget on November 14, 2010, 07:35:08 PM
Good news for you...!!!

Two WinterSeeds next weekend.  Yup.  Hubertus and Racine, both in Wisconsin.  And luckily the forecast is high in the low 40s and low in the mid 20s with rain.  Snow might be iffy but cold mud is a certainty...

:D

Mogs

Hey Turp, Racine gives a chance for KD on sunday as well  :~ .

D-fly  Keeping the Faith
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

dragonfly

www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

Garand69

Ya Know D-Fly.... You really need to start taking this a little more seriously.......

**) **) ^:)^ **) **)
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

Boba Fett

Turp,
AAR for the Alton shoot is up here: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=18559.0

I think Waterman (Should be called WaterWind) in February will most definitely qualify as a Winterseed.

See ya there!
Boba

Quote from: Turp on November 14, 2010, 08:53:57 PM
Good info.  I may see if I can hit one of the northern ones this winter if I can get away from the weekend.  We had a few Chicago people make the trek down to this one, only far that I head up north.

I will wait for Boba Fett's AAR, but we had some good results at this shootl.  I had to leave an hour early, but hopefully he ran out of patches with new rifleman!

bulletsnbows

I signed up for the early Feb. Waterman Appleseed.   I figure it should be good for cool weather with a hint of breeze.   ;D

I bought my own 10/22 since the Waterman 300 so I won't be able to excuse my poor shooting on the gun I borrowed from my boyfriend.   ::)

colycat

Hey bullet,

Thanks for staying with AS.  If by chance you do not shoot well with your own rifle,  PM me for some more excuses O0

I have them all memorized.

Coly
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine