News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

The Maiden of Appleseed

Started by Oleg Volk, November 13, 2010, 10:18:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evenstar

'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

Aromatic

Another great one Oleg! Thank you.

Son of Martha

Yes, very pretty--and our future.

Thank you.

SoM
Raise ye the stone or cleave the wood to make a path more fair or flat
Lo, it is black already with blood some Son of Martha spilled for that
Not as a ladder from earth to Heaven, nor as a witness to any creed
But simple service, simply given, to his own kind in their common need.

Western Rose

Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

TruTenacity

Poster child!!

This would be a great "posterity" photo.

Thanks for posting.
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

SavageShootr

Quote from: TruTenacity on November 14, 2010, 11:56:11 AM
Poster child!!

This would be a great "posterity" photo.

Thanks for posting.

Agreed!
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

therealsteamer

http://olegvolk.livejournal.com/915361.html

The Maiden of Appleseed...
"One of the youngest shooters at Appleseed today. She was a Russian orphan from Kazakhstan. Adopted by American parents, she's growing up as an all-American kid in the most constitutional meaning of that concept."

Even Better!!!!!

ID_Hezekiah

An excellent photo and a heart-warming backstory, but I really wish the striker wasn't cocked on that Chipmunk.  Just a nit - a really great photo and it should be a promotional poster for encouraging participation by children in Appleseed.
The British learned to dread the frequent appearances of this dire rider at unexpected points along the route of their passage, for his aim was true, and the economical principles in which he was trained forbade his wasting powder and ball.

Oleg Volk

I will probably re-take that photo for Appleseed use with un-cocked Crickett in left hand variant.

The Machine

Oleg, you always do fantastic work and this one ranks among my favorites! When you tweak the photo and re-post the new version, I will add it to the facebook 'Appleseed' page...or feel free to add it yourself. Thanks brother!
"I proudly support limited government and unlimited common sense"

"One of the great advantages of the American Revolution has been, that it led to a discovery of the principles, and laid open the imposition, of governments." - Thomas Paine 1792

"It does not take many words to speak the truth"

Scarecrow

How does this edit look to you?
(attached)

Grim Sweeper

I had the pleasure of shooting beside her on both days in Manchester, TN.  On Sunday, she was singing to herself while loading, shooting, and reloading.  Very precious to see someone so relaxed while shooting.

She was also my team member for a red coat target contest.  She and the other young lady on the team did a fine job  O0; my iron sight shooting made me the weak member on the team.
Nunquam averto, tantum armo iterum...
Don't retreat, just reload...

savagerabbit

What a sweet picture!!! Well done!
"What a triumph for our enemies..... to find that we are incapable of governing ourselves."  George Washington

TaosGlock

89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

4L21