News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Dickerson Gun Show AAR

Started by TaosGlock, November 02, 2010, 05:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TaosGlock

It was just this last weekend. BF and I passed out lots of info, had a few flags on the table and a target display showing how well the typical American can shoot on the first redcoat. We had an M1 on the table with the caption: "Ask me how you can purchase a rifle similar to this for $495". Great opening line to frame our program. And BTW, there were a few M1's there for over $750- $1000 that would really be only half that if purchased thru the CMP.
Lots of interest.  We were set up opposite the Picacho Gun Club. We will be the guest speakers at the Picacho Gun Club on Nov. 11 (Veterans Day). They are starting to take notice and some of the more prominent shooters in the area will be there. We will use this to generate member interest in our next shoot on Nov13-14 and Dec. 11-12.
The gun show was down about 50%. Very slow and a very low attendance. As usual handguns were popular while rifles were less so. :-[ :'(
The average price of an AR has dropped 25% (back to normal) since the King's election.

Hopefully the Feb. show will be a bigger crowd in the new location.
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

Devnull

Great work TG! Let us know how your speech goes at the gun club.

Any thoughts on what your going to talk about?

I had an opportunity to talk at a tea party rally but turned it down as they wanted me to only talk about the 2nd amendment. (Not the history or anything of that nature.) I don't like being a one amendment type of person. Heck, they are all important and discussing just one negates the importance of why that amendment is there in the first place... In retrospect I probably should have done it. Oh well. Live and learn.
"What the heck. I haven't volunteered for something in oh say 6 hours."

TaosGlock

Quote from: Devnull on November 09, 2010, 01:19:38 PM
Great work TG! Let us know how your speech goes at the gun club.

Any thoughts on what your going to talk about?

I had an opportunity to talk at a tea party rally but turned it down as they wanted me to only talk about the 2nd amendment. (Not the history or anything of that nature.) I don't like being a one amendment type of person. Heck, they are all important and discussing just one negates the importance of why that amendment is there in the first place... In retrospect I probably should have done it. Oh well. Live and learn.
We will tell them who we are, what we do basically. The history of the program nationwide and here in NM. Will have a few flags hung and explain the COF with a Redcoat and an AQT.
Then we will tell them that we are different than other marksmanship programs because of our heritage presentations. We usually bring a copy of Paul Revere's Ride.
Then explain a couple of the flags to them and what those really represent.
Give them just enough info to want to sign up and bring their friends. Leave them with a posterity quote or similar.
It is our typical 30 min presentation.
This will be on Veterans Day BTW.

The Tea Party here have been very supportive. They seem to like the fact our slogan is April, 19th.....etc.
We are a good tie in with their group even though most of the members are not rifle owners.  :-[

I would talk to the TP about the 2A via the story of April 19th. O0 ^-^ Like you say live and learn. A couple more of their members are joining us this weekend.
Make sure you put "Appleseed Project" on their main links page. Shows up at the first few links so the online folks see it first. >:D
We did that down here for the local LCTP which has a website.
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose