News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

My daughter's essay on voting

Started by kentuckyjam, November 02, 2010, 12:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kentuckyjam

My daughter and I went to the school this morning to vote.  Her social studies teacher will give them extra credit for writing about the experience.  We talked about it on the way home, then she sat down to write.  I told her to tell about where we went, the process, who we saw, why I voted.  We discussed in the car about why I voted.

I pick up her essay to read and she put the information together pretty well.  I get to the end, the "benediction".  She says you should tell others to vote, that we have the right to vote because of the Revolutionary War and the Declaration of Independence.  "Think back.  Is this country as free as it was 5 years ago?  Chances are that answer is no.  So vote.  Get your friends to vote.  Alot of people were killed fighting for our freedom...If you know someone who was in the army or is thank them for fighting for us!!"   ^:)^ 

She, too, soaks up the message. :)

Liberty will not persist without personal responsibility.

Ishy

Very true, very true.  I'd love to read her whole essay.   ;)  I got to vote for the first time today and it felt good.   8)
"If My people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."  ~2 Chronicles 7:14

"The proof of desire is pursuit."  ~Kirk DeVinney

kentuckyjam

With my voting ticket (access code) and "I Voted" sticker attached to the paper...

"Voting Day"

We went to <elem school> to vote down in <city name>.  My mom voted using the e-scan machine.  That's a machine you have to put in a code to vote.  You vote for a lot of things like senator, magistrate and sherriff etc.  We got the freedom to vote because of our history.  If we didn't have the Revolutionary War we wouldn't be free or have the rights we have now.  If it wasn't for the Declaration of Independence in 1776 we wouldn't be able to vote.  You should vote because we want a good future for the kids that we have.  We want us and our kids and grand kids to have liberty and freedom like we do now.  That's why we need good senators for our state and our country.  So we have good laws.  I saw a lot of people I know like Mrs. S and people from my church.  So if you didn't vote this year vote next year.  Think back.  Is this country as free as it was 5 years ago?  Chances are that answer is no.  So vote.  Get your friends to vote.  A lot of people were killed fighting for our freedom.  People still fight for our freedom. A lot of people I know were in the army or tried to be in the army.  My dad's best friend was in it.  My mom's grandfather was.  My dad tried but his back is crooked so he couldn't.  So vote.  If you know some one who was in the army or is thank them for fighting for us!!

Brad just got home and is outside in the barn.  I mentioned the "5 years" and he just smiled.   :)

Congrats on voting Ishy!   O0
Liberty will not persist without personal responsibility.

Ishy

Very nice.   O0  Your daughter is very wise.  I hope our "trails" cross sometime.   ;)

Ishy
"If My people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."  ~2 Chronicles 7:14

"The proof of desire is pursuit."  ~Kirk DeVinney

wooldl

That girl's being brought up right!! Nice work kentuckyjam! Be proud!
"Posterity! You will never know, how much it cost the present generation, to preserve your Freedom! " - John Adams

AQT Dryfire Practice mp3 files: http://www.4shared.com/folder/559qijqr/My_4shared_Sync.html

k.anderson3454

Mudcat

Now I wonder where she got that from?
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

slim

azmule

Oh-oh - signature spammers!     >:D
Talk is cheap because the supply exceeds the demand.

Do or do not - there is no "try."'  -Yoda

Honeybadger

It's amazing that your daughter is more perceptive than many politicians and most of America. Good for her!

Bake her cookies  ;D
Live. Love. Laugh. Learn.