News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Veterans, and Bikers "Thank You Run"

Started by RichMan, September 18, 2010, 10:40:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichMan

I sent the following message to Garand69. I thought I should post it here, and on the Bailing a bit more on the National level forum to let more people know about this event. This is open to everyone. You don't need to be a Veteran, or a biker, all you have to do is support our Veterans and their families.
Rich

Garand69,
I don't know if you are the one I should talk to in getting the Appleseed message out to people in this area. I am involved with the people that are sponsoring a Veterans, and Bikers "Thank You Run" on Oct. 23, 2010. They are hoping to attract 10,000 people that day. You should be able to view a flier at: http://www.thetownofcicero.com/content/img/f228311/v-spann-flier.pdf  or Town of Cicero's website at: http://www.thetownofcicero.com/news/default.asp
I have talked to the people who are running the show, and they have given their permission for Appleseed to come and set up a table to pass out information during the event. If you need more info feel free to email me at: tripper552@comcast.net or call me 847 401 1951.
Thank you,
Rich Manthey (RichMan on the forum)

Old Glory!

RichMan, 
Is that you, from Waterman, section 4?  The one who was called upon to stand in as a Grenadier during the history?   

Garand - looks like you have a good chance for promotion here.

OG in WI
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

Old Glory!

"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

Garand69

Thanks a ton RichMan!

I will see what can be done ASAP. Sounds like a perfect opportunity.
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

RichMan

RichMan

How come so few people view or respond? What can we do to change this?
Rich

Garand69

It's always an effort to get volunteer's to make things happen Rich. We will have a team together for this, just need to tie up some loose ends.

Garand69

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

RichMan

Old Glory!

Garand, back the truck up and give The R-Man a coupla-two-tree thousand brochures, send Castle Mountain, Patriot Gal and their banner stands and flags and there you have it! 

But I bet you already have a plan....prolly involves 300 Appleseeders and a flyover.  ::) **)

Have fun, plant some seeds.

Patriot Gal

Sounds like that would be a great weekend to spread the Appleseed word, however, CM and I will either still be in Osage Beach at an AS following the week long Rifleman's Boot Camp or we will be on our way home to Illinois. 

Hope somebody else up there can attend.  And you know, you can still get the Capt. Parker banner from the print shop in Peoria, Il shipped straight to your home!!!  You, too can have a wonderful banner stand with flags.   http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=12260.0

;D ;) ;D :D

Thanks for all you guys (and gals) do for AS!!!!
Patriot Gal   :--- 
(now shooting the (very accurate)AR-10T instead of the .22...movin' up...movin' up!!)
(I put in the "very accurate" statement for "The Guy"!  **)
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

Garand69

I know we have a large contingent heading to the Osage RBC, soo who's with me???

Met RichMan at the DuPage Co. Gunshow yesterday, I could use 2-3 (or more) Appleseeders who have the time to help promote Appleseed. If someone had a laptop to run a continuous loop of Appleseed pics, that would be sweet.

So Who's with me??
Garand69

-Chester W. Nimitz

Garand69

Crickets chirrping, what the....  !@#)

One day promoting Appleseed with your favorite IL State Coordinator!! How could you pass this up!! ^:)^
Garand69

-Chester W. Nimitz

Wade

Quote from: Garand69 on October 17, 2010, 02:47:15 PM
Crickets chirrping, what the....  !@#)

One day promoting Appleseed with your favorite IL State Coordinator!! How could you pass this up!! ^:)^
Only becouse I am miles away at this time ,,,However a new batch of FEMZPM's are in the works and it looks like IL just may get delivery of them !
YW

Wade
Got Tired of looking for a Rifle Range So we Dug one up!
WOOF!
4 box's #1 the soap box#2 the letter box #3 the ballot box #4 the cartridge box, The founding fathers picked up the Cartridge box so that WE could use the first 3,,IMO If you don't use those 3 then you dishonour the founding Fathers !

RichMan

Garand,
I have a laptop, if someone can create the loop. Sent you a PM. I might be able to get someone to help you if needed.
Rich

RichMan

Finally figured how to add attachments here. Included are a map of Montefiori, the "Run Flier", and a list of exibitors (Appleseed included).
Rich

Garand69

Thanks Richman O0

Come on folks, we need back up!!!

I don't have a file to post on the lap top, Castle Mountain, do you have a file we can send to Richman??
Garand69

-Chester W. Nimitz

M1D

I'm in.  I haven't looked at the link yet, but if there is information I need that is not there (time, specific location) please let me know.
M1D
"....with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."
Our first Congressmen

"It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated to the great task remaining before us....that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain-that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom-and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth."
A. Lincoln

"That's what we do.  We're Americans"
USN Corpsman

Garand69

Thanks a Ton M1D!! O0

Just in time. Folks we need one more Volunteer just in case. I had a medical issue pop up and may be spending a few hours in the hospital on Saturday. :sos: :sos: :sos: :sos: :sos: :sos:

Also, anybody who has ever put together "Appleseed Picture" loop for a laptop presentation, is there a way to get it to RichMan?? He has scored a laptop and has it charged up and ready to go.

Thanks in advance

G69
Garand69

-Chester W. Nimitz

RichMan

Garand,
Hope it is nothing serious.
Best wishes,
RichMan

RichMan

Rain or Shine, the run is on for tomorrow. Hope to see some of you there. Our band F.O.G. will be one of six on the main stage. Come say hello.
Rich

Garand69

Good to go-ish  ;D

M1D and I will be there ready to rock.  O0

Anyone else?????

If your not at Ottawa (or some other Appleseed this weekend) and you have been scarce over the last couple months, perfect op to come out of the shadows. I know I know, your shy and you just didn't expect the fame involved with being an Appleseed Volunteer, but this town is famous.... remember Betty Loren Maltese? Practically a movie star and then of course Uncle Al had a few hangouts & hideouts. So come on down!
Garand69

-Chester W. Nimitz

Garand69

Great Event! Thanks A Ton Richman for hooking us up!!  O0

M1D and I arrived around 10AM unfortunately in the rain. Rain of course is not great for a bike run, but we were ready for action.

This being a Veteran based event, we made some excellent contacts that hopefully will fast track Adaptive Appleseed in IL and may even help with the National Adaptive Appleseed Program. These contacts were very interested in the possible ability of the Appleseed Project to give returning Vets a place to relax and enjoy themselves and in some case, help rehabilitate them.

While turnout out was low due to rain, the folks M1D and I talked to stuck around and listened, and many were very excited about the idea of attending an Appleseed. The best part.... NOT ONE PERSON THERE HAD EVER HEARD OF US BEFORE!!!

Now some may say that means our promo sucks, I say it has only just begun. For the most part, Appleseed has been promoted to the choir, and it has been effective. But if what I witnessed at this event is going to be even remotely common, we need to attend as many non-gun/sportsmen events as possible.

One of those great contacts has offered us a table at the 2011 Illinois Warrior Summit! Here is a link to last year..
http://illinoiswarriorsummit.com/ I most certainly intend on attending!

We packed it up around 4PM and then went outside to hear RichMan's band play some fine tuneage! We would have loved to stay longer and had some more fun but 6 1/2 hrs of standing was about all our knees could handle! Sure is hell gettin' old  :'(

Thanks for the shirts Rich!

See you on the Trail O0
Garand69

-Chester W. Nimitz