News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Free Appleseed for Active Military and their families!

Started by bob 210, May 20, 2011, 07:26:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob 210

It will be at the Birchwood Recreation & Shooting Park in Chugiak, AK. It will be held on July 28-29, 2011. This is a free Appleseed for Active  Military and their families for Thursday and Friday. Although it is a free event, we ask that attendees still pre-register online so that we know how many attendees we will have. So who's comin?
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

Josh Holloway

I was able to hand out quite a few flyers to active duty, in uniform, soldiers and airmen who were shooting at the range the other night.  Some of them seemed excited and one in particular agreed to help spread the word on base.  Aside from that I'm a little at a loss to how to sufficiently advertise this military event.  I'm also worried that most military personnel have weekend liberty and would have to submit a special request for a thurs-fri liberty.   .. Doing my best to spread the word and open to suggestions-- Josh in Alaska
"A Republic-- if you can keep it"

dugjeep

Best way to get it advertised  is there should be some sort of rec department on base contact them, if there on board they can hook you up.  If you need help post the name of the base and I'll find the contact you need.

SavageShootr

Josh... Military are free to the weekend Appleseed as well.

dugjeep.  Thanks for the help!
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

Josh Holloway

Dugjeep:  Thanks for you offer of help.  These are Fort Richardson army, and Elmendorf Air Force Base.

Yes, I know they free on the weekend too but also wanted to make sure that the thu-fri class was a success.

Thanks everyone!
"A Republic-- if you can keep it"