Author Topic: Lapel pins?  (Read 4828 times)

Offline azmule

• designated Shoot Boss
  • Way over in Pennsylvania
Lapel pins?
« on: October 28, 2010, 01:21:45 AM »
I recently read in another thread - but can't find it now - that pins will be available soon.  Are these going to be available in time for holiday party season?  Aside from weddings and funerals, it's the only time a lot of us get to dust off the suit.
Talk is cheap because the supply exceeds the demand.

Do or do not - there is no "try."'  -Yoda

Offline RifleWoman

Re: Lapel pins?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 10:59:28 AM »
I'm not sure. We've approved art work but I've not seen the invoice for the down payment.
Many hands make light work and easy bailing.

Offline nyrasgt

• Instructor
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 11:03:18 PM »
     Latest word on Rifleman lapel pins (from my pin guy) is that we're trying for first week in December.
Pin = 1" x 3/4" replicating RM patch, except "Rifleman" will be gold print rather than black.
What AS decides to do with them is decision way above my pay grade, but they certainly won't take up much room in a shoot box...
     Then I can start working on heavier-weight crew Instructor sweats, and possibly a long-sleeved, button-down,
embroidered shirt, along with getting Smith and Wesson and Henry on board with letting AS instructors participate in their programs, as Ruger has.
Excelsior,
madMark
nyra(supply, too)sgt
"Aim for a high mark and you will hit it.  No, not the first time, nor the second, and maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting,
for only practice will make you perfect.
Finally, you will hit the bulls-eye of success."
-Annie Oakley Butler
A Rifleman Persists
"Nemo me impune lacessit."  Montresor, via E. A. Poe, 1846

Offline Cooper

• Retired Shoot Boss
  • I once was many things, but now I am only several.
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 11:27:10 PM »
HOOAH!!!!
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

Offline eaglescouter

• Instructor In Training 3
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 11:37:37 PM »

Then I can start working on  a long-sleeved, button-down,
embroidered shirt.

Excelsior,
madMark
nyra(supply, too)sgt

I'm ready to place my order (tan please), thank you for your efforts!!
Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleer:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

Offline passinthru

• Who's the grandpa?
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2010, 09:25:57 PM »
Any possibility of getting those shirts in S.P.F. 50? (Sun Protection Factor), for us guys in the southwest?  I get sunburned through cotton material, and haven't found a sunscreen product that doesn't attract all the dust and grime from the firing line and make it into an adhering paste on my skin.  Pardon this request if you think I am being overly picky, but I can provide the phone number for my Dermatologist's office........................steve
I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
Thomas Jefferson
I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline azmule

• designated Shoot Boss
  • Way over in Pennsylvania
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2010, 05:28:53 PM »
Not only waiting on the pins, but I also want one of those long sleeve "real" shirts.  Here in Arizona you can always tell the guys who hide indoors in the AC all day - they're the ones who own and wear Tshirts.   8)
Talk is cheap because the supply exceeds the demand.

Do or do not - there is no "try."'  -Yoda

Offline TruTenacity

• Retired Shoot Boss
  • Proverbs 15:1
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2010, 05:43:18 PM »
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

Offline nyrasgt

• Instructor
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2011, 02:27:21 PM »
Ladies and Gentlemen, 'seeders all,
   FYI  AS Pin II is in process, and predicted to be done/available sometime late in January (last week?  1st wk of Feb?).  Will be variation on the AS oval logo, similar to the RM pin, i.e. several colors, gold being one...
   Buy a pair of EACH and wear 'em as earrings...gentlemen one at a time,choice of ear optional...
Should have a contest for most creative use or display...
Excelsior,
madMark
"Aim for a high mark and you will hit it.  No, not the first time, nor the second, and maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting,
-Annie Oakley Butler
A Rifleman Persists

Offline GoldFish

• Retired Instructor
  • "So Others May Live"
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2011, 05:21:09 PM »

Yeah, like possibly converting one into a hat pin; any chance some of those will be available soon, TruT? :)
"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOɅΩN ɅABE         αδάμας 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

Offline RifleWoman

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2011, 05:27:40 PM »
The Rifleman ones are done and available in the store.

The ovals are in progress and out about 3 weeks.  Should see them soon.

RW

Offline TruTenacity

• Retired Shoot Boss
  • Proverbs 15:1
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2011, 07:47:30 PM »

Yeah, like possibly converting one into a hat pin; any chance some of those will be available soon, TruT? :)

Goldfish, I'm not in on this project, but a hat pin would be great.

I really like the lapel pins.  I'm probably months too late in suggesting this, but can a batch of both types of lapel pins be made that attach to things via a safety pin type fastener?  The reason being the lapel clasp makes it so the pin can't be attached to an instructor hat because it hurts the head.  We don't want a bunch of soreheads for instructors now do we?

TT
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

Offline nyrasgt

• Instructor
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2011, 12:18:55 AM »
Ladies and gentlemen:
  Pin II, the oval AS logo, is on its way to RW.  Once again, IMO, a very nice job, duplicating the oval patch, and nice companion to Pin I, the RM patch.
  Ideas for III?  And will check on possibility of safety pin-type fastener, though may up price.  Recommend as plan B (should always have a plan B, when A goes belly up) attach to area of hat where head...isn't...or to shirt - or to jacket - or to sweatshirt - or buy two (or one, guys) and do earrings...
Excelsior,
madMark
-Annie Oakley Butler
A Rifleman Persists

Offline wooldl

• Retired IIT
  • Home of the free, BECAUSE of the brave.
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2011, 05:40:11 PM »
Also makes a stylish tie tack. But not, I repeat NOT a good eyebrow piercing.  ++)

"Posterity! You will never know, how much it cost the present generation, to preserve your Freedom! " - John Adams

AQT Dryfire Practice mp3 files: http://www.4shared.com/folder/559qijqr/My_4shared_Sync.html

Offline RifleWoman

Re: Lapel pins? Ovals are here!!
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2011, 05:45:18 PM »
Oval pins are here.

Sorry bad pic again.  :(

Offline MacMcM

• Retired Shoot Boss
  • Beckley Ten-Three-Ten
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2011, 05:49:33 PM »
First again.... HAHAHA
" 'Cuz truly, at the end of the day - the piece of cloth means nothing.  It's who is standing beside you." West
"If I thought even for a second that it was impossible I would be doing other things." GopherBoy