News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

MA Appleseeders, check in!

Started by dwarven1, June 24, 2008, 02:29:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lupis42

Hi.  I must say, I see a bunch of familiar names here ;)
You can never be too rich, too good looking, or too well armed.

edmorseiii

Good to see you buddy, good job with the line commands 3 minutes after shooting Rifleman!  ~~:)

Silver

I'm new here too!! but hopping to make it a long stay. I first heard of Appleseed on Northeastshooters.com (I'm silver74 there) and I see some familiar names and avatars!

Lakevillian

Wow, I just got back in from running the chipper out in the yahd............., and saw that I had not responded to
this thread.

Hi everyone
"Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God"

How to resist, that's the rub.......

Libertyxxx

Very Second Post

Hi all checking in I heard of appleseed from this very talkative type guy I know Sprocket!

Glad to finally  be aboard the  board!

Cindy

mike93lx

I as well just noticed that I haven't posted here.

Hi everyone.

Sigfan87

Hello from Worcester County! I just found the link to these boards from the frugalsquirrels forums. I've heard of Project Appleseed from my father a few months back and finally dropped in to check it out.

Good to see Massachusetts still has some people who are proud of our heritage! Looking forward to the first shoot I can sign up for.

Mark
"The wicked flee when no man pursueth, but the righteous are bold as a lion."
Proverbs 28:1

crak

We have three more this year, so hope you can get to one. :)
Check your drama at the door.

Sigfan87

Wow that was unexpectedly quick. I've read through briefly to get an idea of how these shoots work. Just two questions for clarification.
1. The two day shoot in Leyden, is it ok to sign up for just one day? Unfortunately I have to work Sunday.
2. For a first timer, but experienced shooter, what would you recommend I bring for a rifle?
"The wicked flee when no man pursueth, but the righteous are bold as a lion."
Proverbs 28:1

dwarven1

Yes, you can sign up for one day. Since online registration closes tonight, do it quick, or do it as a walk-in. You save $5 if you do it online, though.

Figure you're probably going to need at least 300 rounds for Saturday. Bring a rifle. Any rifle. We'll work with you on it.

What would be good for it to have? Peep sights, preferably "click adjustable" - like the sights on an AR-15 or M1 Garand. A sling, either Garand-style or 1907-style is best. Magazine fed is a "nice to have", but if all you have is a tube-fed Marlin or a stripper-clip fed SKS, that's fine, too.

If you have an AR with iron sights and a sling, that's perfect. Or you can bring a .22, also. They're cheaper to feed and the skills you learn are the same.

Not very helpful, I know, but Appleseed is about the Rifleman, not the rifle. You just bring a rifle and we'll work with you on it, whatever it is.
Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON