News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Knob Creek, KY. Oct 23-24 2010

Started by Mudcat, October 25, 2010, 11:24:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudcat

What a great weekend at Knob Creek Range! Besides for the the smoke of Ft. Knox being on fire and having to deal with the smoke and several thousand suicidal lady bugs there was nothing to complain about. Lots of shooters from Kentucky Preppers Network and some gun show contacts we had a good number of shooters for October at KCR. We made 1 Rifleman on Saturday with Darby shooting a 210 on the second AQT. He got a dose of water bottle since there was no water in the ditches . He took it all in stride and the group learned of the 210 water dump.

Sunday we had some that could not make it back but we made up for them with 5 walk ons. Lots of good teachable attitudes again made for a good day. On Sunday we had one more Rifleman with ShelbyGoat  just avoiding a bath with a 211. David is a BRM  (Basic Rifle Marksmanship) instructor at Ft. Knox and took the instruction well. He also was an accomplished shooter to begin with.
I fully enjoyed working with my new patriot friends. We had lots of improvement across the line and with a little dry practice I am sure will have several there to claim a Rifleman patch soon. I will post some pics later. 
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Mudcat

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

son of liberty

I think I can see the smoke in the pictures, looks like you all had a good time!

Trainer8119

Really nice weekend with motivated shooters.  Appreciate the efforts of all involved, Mudcat, Sindi, Riflegirl and XD Man are always great to work with, and all the shooters who kept at it through the last AQT.  We had husband and wife teams, a retired Army Officer who hadn't seriously used a sling for marksmanship since 1958 and an active duty soldier who demonstrated that marksmanship is still alive.  When I figure out how to add my pics I will.

EEL

Mudcat,
Sounds like another great shoot at KCR!  O0  I was at the MG shoot a couple weeks prior (again  :D) , had the banner up, and put out about 250 fliers.  Hope that helped you out some.  No water in the ditches?  Down on that lower range....that's a good thing  ;)

EEL
Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.