News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Anyone See This or Notice any Strange Folks at This Shoot?

Started by SamD, October 26, 2010, 10:48:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SamD

"A November memo from the ITRR alerted Homeland Security officials to a marksmanship "boot camp" being held later that month at the Elstonville Sportsmen's Club near Manheim."

Read more: http://articles.lancasteronline.com/local/4/298717#ixzz13WHY7Nhp

Spanner

We handed out 4 orange hats that weekend.  Two of them are now Red Hats. 

I say: torture those two Red Hats, to see what they know.   ;)

" Decision-making is the supreme manifestation of human dignity. "  -Jouvenel

EZ3

Good idea, Spanner!  Hey, waaiitt a minute!!!       !@#)
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

Whisker

The article refers to an upcomming appleseed in November in Manheim.  They call it a "weapons training" "boot camp."  

First of all, as many probably already know, state repression is real and it can and often does have negative consequences.  There are some steps that should be taken to ensure your safety.

All instructors should have a confident knowledge of "know your rights" trainings.  This knowledge will protect you and will instill the confidence to properly fend off any potential threatening situations.  It is important to know and be confident in tools that can help stave off repression.

A couple of good resources.

Boston T. Party's You and the Police
http://www.amazon.com/You-Police-Boston-T-Party/dp/1888766018

A legal collective in NY's publication on Knowing your rights (Free for download)
http://www.justusnyc.org/resources/KYR_Zine_letter.pdf

Lastly, i just saw that there was a know your rights session in Philly last week.  Watch out for more of these for this is a good place to learn and build potential allies.  Cross spectrum ally-ship is very powerful.
http://www.phillyimc.org/en/event/know-your-rights-training

Another thing to note in the article is the lumping of the RWVA in with native american protesters, anti-war protesters, and the like.  Typically "left" identified movements.  This is an interesting development that exposes the power structure's way of thinking about us.  Just food for thought.  If I can be of any assistance, please let me know.  I have experience in seeing good people being labeled as "activists" and then being charged as "terrorists." Believe it or not, these things happen for people doing things as simple as organizing demonstrations.

I don't write this to freak anyone out, or create a paranoia that need not be there.  I simply want to draw attention to a development that will directly affect you and your potential safety.
What brings together men liberated from local and national limitations is also what keeps them apart. What pushes for greater rationality is also what nourishes the irrationality of hierarchical exploitation and repression.  What creates society's abstract power also creates its concrete unfreedom.

lprgcfrank

The PA instructor crew was aware of this a few weeks ago and passed it up the chain. The author was discredited and removed from their state contract.
"fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]

sear

I think we should all be on the lookout for that Fred guy. He sounds pretty dangerous.

B9

Send all the HS people to NY shoots. We welcome them to come and see what we are doing. Maybe they can come to the next Fort Drum shoot and see the marksmanship improvement of our troops going overseas. We will even let them in our secret Instructor meetings where we talk of our plans to get the average American to participate in their community. 
"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

techres

Quote from: lprgcfrank on October 26, 2010, 11:46:54 PM
The PA instructor crew was aware of this a few weeks ago and passed it up the chain. The author was discredited and removed from their state contract.

And the lawsuits are flying already.  

It is funny thought that we got slandered along with such other right wing groups as war protesters, fur activists and anti-mining groups.  I still get a chuckle out of that.

I doubt these guys went to any seed.  The report is so lame that it was basically people reading web forums, using a layout package and billing the gov't.  I doubt any more work than that.
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

Reddot

Quote from: B9 on October 27, 2010, 10:15:36 AM
We will even let them in our secret Instructor meetings where we talk of our plans to get the average American to participate in their community. 
Hmmmhhhh, sounds pretty subversive.....

gpbbiker

Hey!!

How do we get them to show up at our shoots?? We have the Kansas City/Missouri "Extremism and Radicalization Branch, Homeland Environment Threat Analysis Division" just up the road. Wouldn't they have to pay to show up?? I'd take their money!!
"Never pick a fight with an old man, if he's too old to fight, he'll simply kill you."
Loosely attributed to both Ernest Hemmingway and John Steinbeck
"Life is nothing more than the pursuit of stories worth telling to children" - Me

desertrat144

Not too sure about the DHS crowd making a 'Seed- after all, real history is being taught- not the 'watered down  & approved' versions.  

To get an idea of what our Constitution should read as viewed by the D.C. crowd, read the Iraqi Constitution.  To read (and heave) check out what Ms Napaltano (SP?) commissioned as a work a few years back to define terrorists and other miscreants, check the DHS site.

All this is funny and tragic at the same time.  At least folks got fired, but the damage is done.  All we can do is continue to continue what we do.

Tom
"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond it's limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves." - President Ronald Wilson Reagan

Whisker

Quote from: desertrat144 on October 27, 2010, 05:16:25 PM
All we can do is continue to continue what we do.

Yes, almost all true.  However, one thing we can do in addition is be mindful of how we are being received by the people "in charge."

This may have been one "rogue" or "discredited" author... However, it exposes how we are entering the consciousness' of the status quo.  Admitting this is useful, for if we are truly effective in changing the hearts and minds of Americans, we will be targeted.  
What brings together men liberated from local and national limitations is also what keeps them apart. What pushes for greater rationality is also what nourishes the irrationality of hierarchical exploitation and repression.  What creates society's abstract power also creates its concrete unfreedom.

Taylor

Our tax dollars (or is dollars borrowed from foreign sources more appropriate?) hard at work. November 2nd is less than a week away...let's make some noise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

DesertDog

Quote from: gpbbiker on October 27, 2010, 04:35:11 PM
Hey!!

How do we get them to show up at our shoots?? We have the Kansas City/Missouri "Extremism and Radicalization Branch, Homeland Environment Threat Analysis Division" just up the road. Wouldn't they have to pay to show up?? I'd take their money!!

Since they're technically LEO's wouldn't they get to shoot for free?? ::)
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for lunch.....Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

BeSwift

I was wondering why those black helicopters were around at the July shoot....lol...
On a side note, this should be mandatory viewing....long but worth it....  
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8167533318153586646#
BeSwift
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations

Johnnyappleseed

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

desertrat144

Sam,

Good find on the Google Video Site.  There is a concise written version of this somewhere.  I found it, then promptly lost the URL.  I'm not a proponent of fearing those with a badge, but inn encounters with them, the less said the better.
Whiskers posted URLs are dead on in a lot of areas.  The only erroneous or 'lost' bit of authority, is any Officer in uniform at or around a port of entry can ask (read demand & be complied with) any electronic device you have and the passwords to access them without even hitting the Reasonable Suspicion bar.  Should it get to a Hearing, there will be something presented to hit and surpass this Bar- it has happened several times already.

Food for thought & question.

Tom
Quote from: BeSwift on October 27, 2010, 10:35:24 PM
I was wondering why those black helicopters were around at the July shoot....lol...
On a side note, this should be mandatory viewing....long but worth it.... 
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8167533318153586646#
BeSwift
"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond it's limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves." - President Ronald Wilson Reagan