News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lake George NY - November 20 & 21 2010

Started by Another D.O.M., October 20, 2010, 05:27:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R1SGx2

SWEET. ^:)^ LittleMo, were you spotting with that new scope? !@#)  :cool2:

Sue, Nice seven stepping, O0 Good Idea. Guess now you will be seeing them around my range to promote. :--- :~ ..:.. ^:)^
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

LittleMo

Quote from: R1sgx2 on November 02, 2010, 11:17:18 PM
SWEET. ^:)^ LittleMo, were you spotting with that new scope? !@#)  :cool2:

Sue, Nice seven stepping, O0 Good Idea.

One has to admit shooting sports, whether it be Appleseed or any of the clay shoots or etc, is a male dominated sport, especially at our home range. For Sue to leave her perfect practice redcoat that she shot at 28yds-25m (not 38yds) with that challenge is a huge challenge to the ego! It might just motivate some guys to at least shoot the the 2nd redcoat just to prove themselves (and probably fail) and maybe take a good look at Appleseed if they don't trash the target in their frustration!

She shot that target without being spotted, and shot it in about 60 seconds or so (maybe less)! I was reloading my 10/22 mag when she started and quickly finished! ???

It was her idea to leave it, and its a great idea! That target alone will be able to reach out to members we normally wouldn't have the chance to see and talk to about Applesed! Its another way of promoting Appleseed!   O0

R1sgx2,
that spotting scope is her scope! She actually let me touch it today!!  :o    She does have that other one she bought out from under you that she may consider letting you have, if it will be listed in her "permanent record". **)
Growing old is mandatory; Growing up is optional!  :)

Marksmanship can be taught and learned,
but the motivation has to be inspired for the
people to become involved.
How many have you inspired that became involved?

http://www.facebook.com/NYSAppleseed
http://www.facebook.com/ProjectAppleseedVermont

JandT-UpstateNY

So I'm at Watervliet range today with my friend Deb from work (who will be at Lake George Saturday and is a relatively new shooter) and I say, in my best Sgt. Rock voice, "The Line is clear, the Line is clear" and these 2 folks who I've never met before are walking up from their car and one says "You sound like an Appleseeder".

Small world. I met LittleMo and the Mrs....hehe he looks just like his picture. Great folks. Great day.

Happy Veteran's day where applicable and thanks for your service to all! And Happy Marine Corps birthday from yesterday, where applicable! Semper Fi.

-johnny

Spartan

"With your shield or on it"

Another D.O.M.

Quote from: JandT-UpstateNY on November 11, 2010, 06:16:26 PM... and these 2 folks who I've never met before are walking up from their car and one says "You sound like an Appleseeder".
Our intent is that there will be a day when (at least) every other citizen of this great state is 'an Appleseeder'; and most children can recite the safety rules, six steps and line commands from memory.
MJA
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

nyrasgt

Troops,
  Regarding press/promotions of AS, esp   Dunham's Bay, be advised we will have, as Sean Garvey (Club Pres)'s guest, Ken Tingley and 14 y.o. son - ON SUNDAY ONLY...Tingley is Ed in Chief of Post Star - local paper for which Alex Matthews did story last May...WILL need loaners-all equipment - a pain, but might be worth it...Sean suggested we supply ammo as well, but I suggested to him that EIC of paper could probably afford his own...might just contact him prior to the wkend to make sure he's relatively together..
   JW - SB - be advised - will need to plan for these folk Sunday (can't come Sat as they're geting back from -wait for it - vacation...
Excelsior,
mad
"Aim for a high mark and you will hit it.  No, not the first time, nor the second, and maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting,
for only practice will make you perfect.
Finally, you will hit the bulls-eye of success."
-Annie Oakley Butler
A Rifleman Persists
"Nemo me impune lacessit."  Montresor, via E. A. Poe, 1846

R1SGx2

QuoteWILL need loaners-all equipment - a pain

NOT, seven stepping is part of our mission.

Quotewill need to plan for these folk Sunday

Speaking for JW, the plan is in place is it is in any other AS. BUT this has been identified.

I will be on the ground Friday 1pm'ish with JW in time frame.

B9

Quote from: nyrasgt on November 12, 2010, 09:07:37 AM
Troops,
  Regarding press/promotions of AS, esp   Dunham's Bay, be advised we will have, as Sean Garvey (Club Pres)'s guest, Ken Tingley and 14 y.o. son - ON SUNDAY ONLY...Tingley is Ed in Chief of Post Star - local paper for which Alex Matthews did story last May...WILL need loaners-all equipment - a pain, but might be worth it...Sean suggested we supply ammo as well, but I suggested to him that EIC of paper could probably afford his own...might just contact him prior to the wkend to make sure he's relatively together..
   JW - SB - be advised - will need to plan for these folk Sunday (can't come Sat as they're geting back from -wait for it - vacation...
Excelsior,
mad

Loaners.... no problem. Ammo.... no problem, I will bring it. We got more than $16.00 of promo from that article.
"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

LittleMo

If any help is needed setting up on Friday, please contact me. (Another D.O.M. has my number and email address, or you can PM me for my number). I'd be happy to help out, just tell me what to do! (be polite! lol)  :)   

Also I usually have extra equipment (eyes & ears protection, 10/22 mags, etc) if needed during the weekend.

Johnny, it was a pleasure meeting you and Deb.  :)

Gary

Another D.O.M.

A quick reminder to those of you who are planning to attend this event:  The weather forecast for the remainder of this week is for rain.  Although the rain should be finished by Friday, the ground at the range will be soaked, and the firing line and target line are separated by a shallow drainage depression - this must be crossed each time we walk from one line to the other and back.

Be sure to wear your waterproof shoes!

The good news is that it should be sunny both Saturday and Sunday with temps near 50 both days!  Dress in layers and don't forget your sunscreen.

And for those of you who aren't planning to attend this event - WHY NOT?  We still have 23 firing positions open so there's plenty of room for more shooters.  Take the drive to Queensbury and enjoy the upstate New York autumn weather.  This is probably the last outdoor shoot north of Calverton until March 2011, so you may as well come take advantage of it!  I'm sure you won't regret it.
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

Spartan

Sounds good, it will be snowing up here in Northern New York.  C U soon.

Rattlehead

Quote from: Another D.O.M. on November 16, 2010, 02:42:18 PM
A quick reminder to those of you who are planning to attend this event:  The weather forecast for the remainder of this week is for rain.  Although the rain should be finished by Friday, the ground at the range will be soaked, and the firing line and target line are separated by a shallow drainage depression - this must be crossed each time we walk from one line to the other and back.

Be sure to wear your waterproof shoes!

The good news is that it should be sunny both Saturday and Sunday with temps near 50 both days!  Dress in layers and don't forget your sunscreen.

And for those of you who aren't planning to attend this event - WHY NOT?  We still have 23 firing positions open so there's plenty of room for more shooters.  Take the drive to Queensbury and enjoy the upstate New York autumn weather.  This is probably the last outdoor shoot north of Calverton until March 2011, so you may as well come take advantage of it!  I'm sure you won't regret it.

Thanks for the heads-up.  8)

LittleMo

"(updated 11/1/2010)
Has been approved by and is now posted on Saratogian.com, Troyrecord.com, Community News Weekly (cnweekly.com), and Fox23news.com"

Update 11/17/2010
Emails sent inviting Rich Becker (Fox 23 TV sports director), Fred LeBrun (Times-Union columnist), Rob Streeter (Times-Union outdoors writer), and a follow-up reminder email sent to Assemblyman George Amadore (NYS 105th Assembly district) for this weekend. Rob Streeter has replied and cannot attend to due prior commitments but he will research and possibly mention Appleseed in his article.

"Although the rain should be finished by Friday, the ground at the range will be soaked, and the firing line and target line are separated by a shallow drainage depression - this must be crossed each time we walk from one line to the other and back."

Thanks for the info about the range! I suggest a large tarp to lay on in addition to a shooting mat. The soaked soft ground may be easy on the elbows, but an extra waterproof layer from the wet ground is nice, and it makes cleaning up the brass easier. :)

Another D.O.M.

Quote from: LittleMo on November 17, 2010, 02:17:07 AMThanks for the info about the range! I suggest a large tarp to lay on in addition to a shooting mat. The soaked soft ground may be easy on the elbows, but an extra waterproof layer from the wet ground is nice, and it makes cleaning up the brass easier. :)
Actually, it's a covered firing line w/ concrete underneath.  Wet won't be the problem here but extra padding is advised; and the ground tarp is always a good idea for brass cleanup, etc.
MJA

R1SGx2

LittleMo and The Mrs.
I nominate you guys for State Promotions Coordinators.
Hurry someone second.

Another D.O.M.

Quote from: R1sgx2 on November 17, 2010, 08:33:16 PMLittleMo and The Mrs.
I nominate you guys for State Promotions Coordinators.
Hurry someone second.
Second...

Spartan

LittleMo

Quote from: Spartan on November 17, 2010, 10:38:30 PM
Motion carried

Ummm... Isn't there suppose to be a vote on the motion before it can be carried?? (parliamentary procedure?)  :cool2:  ;D  

Is this like at our gun club where we were told we are now the bench rest rifle range co-chairs?  ???

When I know the topic I am talking about, I can be a good salesman (although it is not my profession). I've done project proposals to committees, bosses, company V.P.s, a bank board of directors, and just recently a rifle range club board of directors. And like any salesman, I don't always "get the sale".:wall:  

Promoting is something we need to do. We have to think "outside the box"; don't limit ourselves to just gun shows, FFL dealers, and etc. (the low hanging fruit on the tree). We can use the Internet, social web sites, community calendars, corkboards at your supermarkets, social conversations, invite our elected representatives, and invite the media in order to attract more people (the fruit higher up on the tree).

At times I can be a bit talkative in order to explain in detail because sometimes ya just gotta. But nothing like The Mrs.! To quote her from her Oct 15th post "those who know me, know I can get long winded at times". She may not write a lot but she can talk!(I'm gonna be in deep do-do when she reads this! $$-0 **))

The Mrs.

LittleMo - Ahhemmmm....LoL.   ~~:)

LittleMo can be quite persuavive when he believes in something - hell, he got me!!  LMAO

LittleMo truly believes in Appleseed, and it isn't hard to tell.

Speaking of fruit way up in the trees - I have taken a shot (pardon the pun) at the Rachel Maddow Show.  Haven't heard anything back from them yet, but will share once I do.

See you up north this weekend.  I will be sure to wear my camo so I'm unidenifiable.  Knew there was a reason I never posted a picture here!!  LoL

Think with love and truth
See with love and truth
Speak with love and truth
Hear with love and truth
And come from the heart, with love, and truth, and honor.

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. ~ Margaret Mead  US anthropologist

Spartan

Thanks to all the shooters that came out, the club, all the IIT's, the Instructors, state coordinator staff, the shoot boss and the neighbors that helped with the Deer I nailed at the appleseed.  I had a great time this weekend working with all the new shooters and those more experianced marksman honing their skiils.  I can't wait fo rthe AAR.
V/R
Spartan.

The Mrs.

I want to thank all the great people from this weekend.  Josey Wales, you ran a great shoot....thanks for all the time and effort!!  The instructors.....what can I say.....you were GREAT!!!  The quality of instruction, the patience, the stories, the adherence to safety....none could be beat.

As always, LittleMo and I ran into great people.  Got a chance to see old friends and make some new ones.  You can not beat the quality of people you meet at an Appleseed event.  Gary and I are both so very proud to have taken our Orange Hats this weekend.  Appleseed is now part of our lives and our commitments.  I know I am talking for him (and I am sure he will also speak for himself - he always does!!), that we are proud to be a part of this great organization and movement.

See you on the road.

Sue
Think with love and truth
See with love and truth
Speak with love and truth
Hear with love and truth
And come from the heart, with love, and truth, and honor.

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. ~ Margaret Mead  US anthropologist

nyrasgt

Outstanding weekend @ the southern end of Lake George - Dunham's Bay Fish and Game Club, Northeastern NYS.
   How outstanding?  The club Pres and VP (Sean and Peter, the brothers Garvey) want to DOUBLE the number of AS shoots at the club in 2011, and
they will be submitting additional dates (beyond the already-approved March IBC and May AS) at the December BOD meeting.  Range behavior, safety,
treatment of the clubhouse, interaction with club members sharing the range - couldn't say enough good things about the program, including the presence of a significant number of shooters of the female persuasion.
  Nick C/Josey Wales did phenomenal job as SB, backed up by State Coord Ed/B9 and a cadre of orange and red hats (10 in all...largest group of active instructors I'd ever seen at a shoot).
  1 Rifleman Sat, @ 213 my friend Jim Williams, ex-Navy submariner; then another 4 Sunday:  Alan, Greg, Gary/Lil Mo and Sue/The Mrs., plus Shoot Like a Girl Admin awards to Gail (Mrs. B9) and Kris (Mrs. ADOM) along with a youth patch to Joseph Tingley, who persevered through several misfiring ammo problems all the way to Sunday's end.  Then the icing:  2 OHs to Gary and Sue, with others coming, not too far down the road.
  Must also mention RH John/Spartan and his famous Range Rover, KillDeer.
  I suspect that nearly all attendees will be appearing at future Appleseed weekends somewhere in the Northeast.  Until then, dry fire, work on those LTRs, and send in those orders to the CMP.
Excelsior,
madMark
"Aim for a high mark and you will hit it.  No, not the first time, nor the second, and maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting,
for only practice will make you perfect.
Finally, you will hit the bulls-eye of success."
-Annie Oakley Butler
A Rifleman Persists
"Nemo me impune lacessit."  Montresor, via E. A. Poe, 1846

Spartan

The Rover my Fine 4wd English weapon is once again fully mission capable (FMC),,,thanks to some duct tape and correct parts:))

Another D.O.M.

Quote from: Spartan on November 26, 2010, 08:40:57 PMThe Rover my Fine 4wd English weapon is once again fully mission capable (FMC),,,thanks to some duct tape and correct parts:))
That's good to hear John.  Is that duct tape the factory paint code?