News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Ramah. CO October 30-31, 2010

Started by Sheepdog, October 31, 2010, 11:22:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheepdog

Another great shoot on the books. This is the place to read and write about the Ramah experience. More details to follow from me, wanted to get this started though. Lots of good work and information to report. Check back, Mike/Sheepdog
RAMSEUR: SEVEN OH EIGHT

Colorado Pete

Congratulations to Jim (oneshot_onehole) on his bright new Red Hat!

Hannah, the "Bolt-gun Riflegirl" from the Ladyseed last month, shot a 242 on a Greencoat target (with a bolt gun of course)!

We had some service members attend who found the event very helpful, and we hope this leads to bigger involvement with them. Also lots of new or nearly-new shooters, which is always nice to see.

"Good shooting is good execution of the fundamentals. Great shooting is great execution of the fundamentals. X's are what you want. Tens are okay, but nines indicate you've got a problem" - Jim Starr
"The purpose of shooting is hitting" - Jeff Cooper

kentuckyjam

Liberty will not persist without personal responsibility.

Prone to Knit

My first experience as an orange hat was a good one. People gently corrected me when I erred and that was appreciated.

Hannah was amazing, once again - you go, girl!

Two of the army attendees earned their rifleman patches (Darren and Chris, I think) as well as Zane. I hope I didn't miss anyone.

If any of the army guys get on the forum, please email me privately at jkjheath
@msn.com.  I have a question. Just put Appleseed in the subject line so your message doesn't get junked.

A big congrats to my dear man, oneshot_onehole, for earning his red hat. Your visuals were awesome.

Also high fives to a new friend, Elizabeth, and a family friend, Michael, for accepting orange hats and joining up. I know you'll both do great. It wasn't as scary as I thought it would be!

Looking forward to working with everyone again and seeing some returning students.

Kim
"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - George Orwell
That's why I knit for our troops.
http://coversandsoles.org

Sheepdog

AAR Ramah, CO

Thanks for posting!

More info from Ramah...
We had 27 on Saturday, 18 on Sunday. Great students showed up with teachable attitudes. We ended up with a bunch of folks making big progress and 4 new Riflemen. Hannah shot with us on Saturday and showed us how to do it time and time again. When I saw her clear the first redcoat I knew we were in for some good shooting from this young lady.

Our 4 new Riflemen, Zane, Darren, Chris and Kurt worked hard and persevered. Nice Job!
Thanks to all the Instructors and IITs.  Your efforts from beginning to end are appreciated and a credit to the program. Two shooters asked to be more involved and took orange hats. Coloradoboots and Coloradomike, we'll look forward to your contributions.

Oneshot_onehole, Jim passed the Instructor PC and now wears the red hat. Thanks Jim for all the effort you put into the preparation. Thanks too for the great instructor dinner provided by Jim and Kim, (Prone to Knit). This was Kim's debut with an orange hat.

Long Rifle managed the lion's share of the duties taking on the larger line on Saturday morning. Sunday we combined lines until afternoon, and then sent about half the students to the KD range for the remainder. Thanks Alan for all your help and commitment to this program. All the instructor contributions helped make this a great shoot for everyone.

We had a few soldiers from Ft. Carson. I'll spare many details with the exception that it just might have been my proudest moment in Appleseed to have been of assistance to these men. Thank you gentlemen for your continued service to our country.

Thank you everyone for making this a safe shoot. Keep practicing, review the material and we'll see you at another Appleseed, down the road.

Mike/Sheepdog
RAMSEUR: SEVEN OH EIGHT

EEL

Colorado got a gift when the Sheepdog pulled up stakes here in Illinois and decided to mosey west.  Our loss is certainly your gain. 

Sounds like another great shoot in a free state!!

Nice job SD  O0

EEL(s)
Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

coloradomike

I had a great weekend, despite the fact that I wasn't shooting very well. I had only attended a Sunday before, so getting all the instruction on Saturday was great, even though I still need to work on implementing it some more.

I can not express how nice it was to meet a group of soldiers that great. Darren, Chris, Shawn, and Rich were a fine example of those that defend our freedoms. They were very nice, wanted to talk to people about what they do, and even brought some MREs to share. It was kinda funny at the end of the day to see the craters their rifles had blasted in the ground on the shooting line.

This weekend just confirmed my desire to be as involved in this organization as I can. Hopefully you'll see me helping out at shoots soon, and working on my consistency with my shooting so I can help instruct others in our heritage.

Colorado Pete

Congrats to our two new orange hats and our four new riflemen!
"Good shooting is good execution of the fundamentals. Great shooting is great execution of the fundamentals. X's are what you want. Tens are okay, but nines indicate you've got a problem" - Jim Starr
"The purpose of shooting is hitting" - Jeff Cooper

oneshot_onehole

Thank you all for an extraordinary shoot. It was safe and lots of progress was made in marksmanship.  I think there was progress made towards valuing our liberties too! Thanks especially to Long Rifle and Sheepdog for all their help over the last year to help me be a better instructor.
Don't forget that there is another shoot in Brighton this coming weekend (Nov 13-14) if you are looking to improve your skills even more.

Jim

(5)