News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

North Fayetteville AS October 16-17, PLEASE HELP!!

Started by Stimey, October 14, 2010, 07:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stimey

This is for anyone who has attended at least one Appleseed.

I've got an event this weekend at our North Fayetteville location, in Bunnlevel, at Range 37 (www.range37.com).  I have sold this event out to pre-registration and have received more than one request to walk-on.  I am expecting at least 25 shooters.  So far, prepguy and I are the only ones attending as instructors. 

I badly need instructor help.  Two more instructors would be enough if they were Red Hats/IIT's.  However, if you've ever considered becoming an instructor and would like to try it out with no commitment to do it again in the future, this is your opportunity. 

Here's my proposal, and I hope I have a few takers.  If you have ever attended an Appleseed event before and are willing to come out to Range 37 to help me with a sold-out crowd of new shooters experience the richest Appleseed weekend we can give them, I will give you a free weekend (that's right, NO CHARGE) at any North Carolina location and any Appleseed date that you wish.  No catch, no bull.  Just no fee, anytime, for a single event in the future.

Our current locations are Ramseur, Range 37 (on the schedule as North Fayetteville), Wilmington, and Charlotte, with possible future events at Hickory and the Goldsboro area. 

The duties I would need fulfilled would be to insure safety along the line, individual coaching (as you feel capable and in accordance with Appleseed guidelines and methods of instruction), and clearing of the line as Range Safety Officers (ensuring rifles are made safe in order to release shooters downrange).  I can handle all the history and teaching, but I may call on volunteers to demonstrate sling positions and the steady hold factors for each position.

So, that's it.  This is your big chance to try out the instructor job on a one-time trial basis.  And, like I said, I need the help.  Hope to hear from many of you soonest!

Mike

PS.  Red Hats and IIT's:  I'm a Designated SB who can fulfill requirements for any RH wanting to do an SBIT weekend, and I need IIT's to start advancing to RH in anticipation for next year's activities.  This is a very good chance to advance!
"Give me an army of West Point graduates, I'll win a battle.  Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I'll win a war!"  Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.

Toshbar

Aww DANG man!

I thought about coming, but didn't check the forum. I'm an IIT and would loved to have come. I go to NC State so PM me if you ever run into that pickle again.

~Max
The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants.