News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Appleseed: Afton, OK Jan. 29-30, 2011

Started by henschman, December 28, 2010, 09:59:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

henschman

I spoke with Mike at Excalibur this evening, and we have scheduled Oklahoma's next Appleseed for Jan. 29-30, 2011 at Afton.

The way the weather tends to be in late January in Oklahoma means that the likelihood of our special new winter-color Rifleman patches being given out at this event is high.  

Come see how you and your equipment handle the cold.  Please dress adequately.  The classroom will be available for shooters to take breaks and warm up in, but plan to be outside on the ground all day.

Put it down on your calendar, start spreading the word, and bring someone along with you! 

See you there!

-- Daniel
"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."
-- Thomas Jefferson to Isaac H. Tiffany, 1819

Grendel

If you are looking for dates, March 19 and 20 work best for me since I have to work every other weekend until then. After that it's June before I see any time off. March 19 and 20 in Afton would be ideal for me.

Arclight

Greetings~

Unfortunately I will be out of town that weekend due to business travel....

Hopefully other events will be scheduled for later in 2011?? 

Just joined this forum... looking forward to meeting all of you down the road.....
ARCLIGHT
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
~Sir Edmund Burke

SavageShootr

Arclight   Welcome to the forum!

All Interested ...
Afton had three dates in 2010, so this is probably not going to be the last one at that location this year.

Hope one of them falls on a good weekend for you.
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

henschman

No worries arclight, many more events will be held this year! 

Cool Mosin by the way.  You'll have to bring it when you come to an event.
"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."

TUHurricane

So, I'm broke, but I am trying to get some money together to make it to this Appleseed.  Again, I am going to need to borrow a rifle because I can't have one on campus.  Depending on the money situation I might be able to only come for one day.  If that ends up being the case which day do y'all think would be better to come to?  Thanks.

Garrett
guns and freedom are like music and dancing, you can't have one without the other.

oldgrunt

Sunday will be fine..you've been to one already..bring a brick of 22lr. at signin just tell the shootboss u need a loaner ..we gotcha covered enjoy the shoot and dress warm...glad to see you made it back..seeya soon
Follow Me..I am the Infantry..
                                         Iron Mike

THE MAN COMES AROUND..Johnny Cash

"If there must be trouble,..Let it be in my day,That my child may have peace".....

THOMAS PAINE

henschman

Hey Garrett,

We do most of the instruction on Saturday, and we mostly shoot AQTs on Sunday.  Since you have already heard the instruction a few times, you will probably benefit more by coming Sunday, if you have to choose.  That will give you more opportunity to shoot Rifleman.  Plus it is supposed to get cold on Sunday... if it gets cold enough, we will be awarding our new Winterseed patches to anyone who shoots Rifleman under those conditions.  I know you want one! 

As always, we will hook you up with a rifle.  Just bring ammo.  If you still have any of that DAG 7.62x51 left, you are welcome to my M1A.  You did pretty well with it before.  Might as well make Rifleman in style... with a .30 cal and iron sights!   :---

TUHurricane

I am officially broke for the next 2 weeks, gonna be eating nothing but ramen and such, but I will be able to make it both days.  It appears we will have good weather.  I am very excited. 

guns and freedom are like music and dancing, you can't have one without the other.

henschman

There's a man with his priorities straight!  Weekend at the range > Eating

Scarecrow

Garrett, lunch is on me, both days.  O0
Seriously.
Unless the ladies are not providing lunch for sale this time.
Then I'll be eating peanut butter crackers myself at lunch.

TUHurricane

There was a microwave in the lunch area correct?  A friend of mine told me that it is possible to cook ramen in the microwave.  My plan was to bring a tupperware and ramen.  That and I think I have a can of fruit in the car.  Should be a good time though.