News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Dec. 11-12: AIBC with Fred and Afton Appleseed

Started by henschman, October 29, 2010, 02:51:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

henschman

OK guys, last weekend, I scheduled another Afton Appleseed with Mike on Dec. 11-12.  However, I found out this week that the Kansas crew is planning on holding an Advanced Instructor Boot Camp with Fred on that same weekend up in Eureka.  It is intended to be for instructors from the entire region... KS, OK, MO, and AR. 

So I have a question for my fellow Oklahoma instructors:  Who all would like to attend the AIBC with Fred?  OG, K98Al, are either one of you NOT planning on going to the AIBC?  And if not, could you run the Afton shoot that weekend in my absence, If I go to the AIBC?  I would hate to cancel with Mike, but I really would like to attend the AIBC.  We definitely need to work on developing the proficiency of our instructor corps, and heck, I would just like to meet the guy who started this great program!

If everybody wants to go to Kansas that weekend, it won't be too much of a problem to cancel that Afton shoot and just set up a date in January or something.  Anyway, let me know.  I'd like to tell Mike ASAP if we need to cancel, or get the shoot put on the schedule if we are going to go forward with it.

Thanks,

henschman
"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."
-- Thomas Jefferson to Isaac H. Tiffany, 1819

oldgrunt

If my body holds out sure lets go to the IBC..I need all the help I can get...thanks....
Follow Me..I am the Infantry..
                                         Iron Mike

THE MAN COMES AROUND..Johnny Cash

"If there must be trouble,..Let it be in my day,That my child may have peace".....

THOMAS PAINE

dalesp

AIBC in Eureka with Fred . . .   I'm all over that. 
"There are three reasons to own a gun: To protect yourself and your family, to hunt dangerous and delicious animals and to keep the King of England out of your face."
                          ~ Herschel Shmoikel Pinchas Yerucham Krustofski (Krusty the Clown)

colycat

"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Scarecrow

No brainer - IBC needed for me in a serious way.

floydf

The just received email from Fred did not include an entry for Eureka KS for AIBC on Dec 11-12, but did include one for sometime later in January.  Does this mean the 11-12 in Afton is on?

I can sign up for it if it is on.

/floydf
"The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed — where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once."

Kozinski, dissent in Silveira v. Lockyer

henschman

The AIBC schedule is in the process of being worked out. 

I am proceeding with the assumption that we will be holding our event at Afton as planned.  We can always cancel later if we get the heads up in time.  I just sent the request for the Afton shoot to be added to the roster. 

Come help me celebrate my 26th burfday in style on the 12th!   That means with .30 battle rifles!  >:D

BTW, my birthday wish list is as follows:

- Forged M-14 from Fulton, LRB, or 7.62mm Arms
- Kel Tec RFB 7.62mm
- Barrett M98 .50 BMG
- BCM 20" gov't profile AR-15 upper receiver
- Glock 23
- GI barrel and stock for M1917

You guys can split that up however you want.  Thanks guys, you're the greatest!   ;D
"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."

K98Al

OK - I got the email from Fred, but I didn't see a link to register, and didn't see any place in the schedule to sign up for this. I do not want to miss this - what do I need to do to register?
Before we can defeat our external enemies, we must first meet and defeat everything in ourselves that is weak, lazy, and cowardly; everything in our character that is materialistic rather than spiritual, which seeks weak compromise and accommodation rather than struggle and victory.

Surveyor1653

Good morning, OK instructors.  I see where Henschman is going forward as if the Afton shoot is going to happen but I am very interested in confirming that as soon as possible.  I have a firm headcount of three and possibly a couple of others for this clinic.  This will be my second Appleseed and I can't wait.  By the way, is there any word on the USSA clinic or are the current issues there holding this up?  If necessary I will organize a little 'member pressure' if there's a lag on USSA's end of getting that clinic organized.  Please advise and thanks so much for all of your efforts.

Michael
Essayons!

"Liberty — the freedom from unwarranted intrusion by government — is as easily lost through insistent nibbles by government officials who seek to do their jobs as by those whose sole purpose it is to oppress; the piranha can be as deadly as the shark." - Judge Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court

henschman

As soon as I have a firm date on the AIBC, I will post it here. 

Michael, I'm sure member pressure on USSA would not hurt things at all!  BTW, I mailed your CMP form yesterday.  Sorry it took me so long.

henschman

THE AFTON SHOOT ON DEC. 11-12, 2010 HAS BEEN POSTPONED.  NEW DATE TO BE ANNOUNCED SOON.

It has been confirmed that the AIBC with Fred will be taking place in Eureka, KS this same weekend.  I would like everyone in the state who is IIT3 or above to try to make it to the AIBC.  I think it will really help us out.

Sorry to anyone who had plans to attend the Afton shoot on this date.  Mike and I are figuring out a date for the next shoot at that location, and I will post it as soon as we know what it is.  We are trying for January.

Thanks guys.  Hopefully I'll see you all in Grandfield!  

Scarecrow

Greg in MO

Quote from: Scarecrow on November 17, 2010, 11:23:05 AM
One more incentive to get those PC's done.  :-[

You still have time to brush up on IMC before this weekend...   ~~:)  ;D

Greg

Scarecrow

Surveyor1653

Quote from: henschman on November 06, 2010, 12:11:43 PM

Michael, I'm sure member pressure on USSA would not hurt things at all!  BTW, I mailed your CMP form yesterday.  Sorry it took me so long.

Hensch,

I got the CMP form, thank you.  I will talk to USSA this week.  By the way I'm sorry to see the politzei forum claim another victim  :wb:
Essayons!

"Liberty — the freedom from unwarranted intrusion by government — is as easily lost through insistent nibbles by government officials who seek to do their jobs as by those whose sole purpose it is to oppress; the piranha can be as deadly as the shark." - Judge Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court

henschman

I spoke to Fred earlier in the week, and he informed me that this AIBC will be open to all IITs - not just IIT 3 and above, as previously reported.  Fred says that other lower-level IITs have attended his previous AIBCs, and have got a lot out of it.  All IITs, please make an effort to attend.  If you would like to come, please contact me.  The current plan is to rent a large van and caravan up to Eureka.  Do not miss out on the very first Oklahoma Appleseed Road Trip... it is guaranteed to be a good time.  However, if you can't make it, it will surely not be the last Oklahoma Appleseed Road Trip.  We are planning on doing a little "border raiding" in the coming year.

Hopefully I'll see you all this weekend with your bags packed!

As you are packing those bags, please remember to include:

1) A pen/pencil
2) A writing pad
3) A teachable attitude

see you soon,
Daniel

henschman

Quote from: Surveyor1653 on December 01, 2010, 11:55:21 AM
Quote from: henschman on November 06, 2010, 12:11:43 PM

Hensch,

I got the CMP form, thank you.  I will talk to USSA this week.  By the way I'm sorry to see the politzei forum claim another victim  :wb:

I'm glad you got your form.  Are you planning on ordering by mail, or making the pilgrimage to Anniston or Camp Perry? 

The polizei forum, LOL.  Yes, I guess they aren't a big fan of discussion and debate in their politics section... at least not when those in the same profession as some of the moderators are criticized.  Man, I'm sure glad I've got a thicker skin about my profession than those guys do about theirs... I wouldbe a rich man if I had a buck for every time somebody made a crack at what I do for a living.  You'd think they'd be used to it as well.  Unfortunately, that feller who banned me apparently works at USSA, judging by his avatar.  I don't know how that will affect our chances of getting a shoot scheduled there.

Surveyor1653

I actually grew up about two hours north of Anniston right outside of Huntsville.  My Dad is still there so I'll probably go down there the next time we're in Bama and pick one out for each of us.  He carried a Garand at basic with the Army in '62 and would love one.
Essayons!

henschman

Everyone who is coming to the AIBC with Fred needs to register on the Eventbrite site.  Remember, this is now open to all level IITs.  When you register on the eventbrite sight, pick the option that gives you free admission for being an instructor.  You do not need to pay the normal Appleseed fees for this event.  You will just need $40 to give to the familiy camp for room and board for the weekend, and $10 if you want to partake in the breakfast that the camp is providing on Saturday and Sunday morning. 

Remember, if you want to get in on the carpool we're getting together, and you haven't already told me you're coming, please get in touch with me.

Thanks,

Daniel