News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Las Cruces Tea Party-"Turkey Shoot":

Started by TaosGlock, October 13, 2010, 12:23:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TaosGlock

...is hosting a shooting event, this Saturday, Oct. 16, including a 500M Gong shoot.  $25 per shot.  >:D
The fixed rectangle steel is 4MOA x 3.5 MOA. Pretty easy for a Rifleman with a rack grade rig. :---
It is at Butterfield. Don't know the equipment specifics for the COF. It will be a great way to 7th Step and promo our Nov/Dec shoots here in LC.

More info here: http://www.lcteaparty.org/

BF and I will be there after we finish the Farmer's Market.
Anyone who wants to join us for 7th Stepping and  camaraderie, see you from 1PM-4PM. O0
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

SamD

AZOpie

Wish I could come out, but I will be working the Buckeye shoot next weekend. I will be catching up with you next year in Raton though....

AZO

TaosGlock

AZ, we are just getting dates confirmed with the NRA WC, including a May RBC. Their calendar fills fast. %)
Sam, come on down... :~
Dan
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.

Wade

Allright you ringers  I think if your going there to do 7th step work you might want to donate that cash back  ~~:) &) @)

Wade
Got Tired of looking for a Rifle Range So we Dug one up!
WOOF!
4 box's #1 the soap box#2 the letter box #3 the ballot box #4 the cartridge box, The founding fathers picked up the Cartridge box so that WE could use the first 3,,IMO If you don't use those 3 then you dishonour the founding Fathers !

Devnull

Quote from: SamD on October 13, 2010, 01:22:49 AM
I think I need to go to that one.

So Sam blows us off to go shooting in Las Cruses?!?   ;D

Seriously, sounds like a good cause and a fun time. Y'all go show some folks they can't shoot worth a darn.

What happens if they DO hit the gong? Maybe we can give them a free pass to an Appleseed under the condition they bring someone with them who actually registers for the shoot. Hey hitting a gong at 500 once is nice, being able to hit it once every three seconds well that's priceless!

Just a thought...
"What the heck. I haven't volunteered for something in oh say 6 hours."

SamD

Seriously Chris,
What are your pre regs?
Unlike having to fly someplace, I can make ABQ on a days notice.

Sam

I haven't been able to get an answer from them yet but I was hoping they do that one standing with irons to make it "sporting"  O0

TaosGlock

Don't know what it really is all about either. But I am thinking now their "gong" will be a 1 MOA plate set at the 500 yard frame. @&)

Devnull

Quote from: SamD on October 13, 2010, 04:09:59 PM
Seriously Chris,
What are your pre regs?
Unlike having to fly someplace, I can make ABQ on a days notice.

Sam

I haven't been able to get an answer from them yet but I was hoping they do that one standing with irons to make it "sporting"  O0

Yeah, I was making a poor attempt at humor. Sorry bout that. (I need to implement a "no posting on the internet without a minimum of three cups of coffee on board" policy for myself...)  :-[

I really think it's a good idea! Their going to be looking for additional instruction after they watch what a Rifleman can do! Do you all have enough fliers? I received some of the new tri-folds in my shoot box for this weekend and their yours if you want them. I am trying to get a whole box full of them for all of us to use in the near future. Also I still have about 20lbs left out of the 50lb box of SWATs and dillons I got a while back if you need any.

Our prereg is about 6 and I know of at least 5 more that are coming. It seems people are more likely to attend shoots at the city range than at Del Norte. Strange...
"What the heck. I haven't volunteered for something in oh say 6 hours."

nmmi9100

So Dan...will they pay us $25 each time we hit the damn thing or what?  Or is it folks pay $25 to get to shoot at the gong?  I could afford quite a bit of Diesel to get there if THEY are paying for hits...might have to break out my "automatic" rifle.

-David

Quote from: TaosGlock on October 13, 2010, 12:23:57 AM
...is hosting a shooting event, this Saturday, Oct. 16, including a 500M Gong shoot.  $25 per shot.  >:D
The fixed rectangle steel is 4MOA x 3.5 MOA. Pretty easy for a Rifleman with a rack grade rig. :---
It is at Butterfield. Don't know the equipment specifics for the COF. It will be a great way to 7th Step and promo our Nov/Dec shoots here in LC.

More info here: http://www.lcteaparty.org/

BF and I will be there after we finish the Farmer's Market.
Anyone who wants to join us for 7th Stepping and  camaraderie, see you from 1PM-4PM. O0

TaosGlock

From what I get is it is $25 for each shot you take. Winner gets half of the pot. I am sure it will be designed for the sub moa bench hobbists.
I have not been able to get thru to them for specifics.

SamD

They haven't got back with me either.

Looks like we can have some fun and benefit the program too.
I'll be there.

Sam

Wade

I waved as I drove by,,darned work getting in the way ,but gotta pay the ammo bill some how,,any chance of an aar ?

Wade
Got Tired of looking for a Rifle Range So we Dug one up!
WOOF!
4 box's #1 the soap box#2 the letter box #3 the ballot box #4 the cartridge box, The founding fathers picked up the Cartridge box so that WE could use the first 3,,IMO If you don't use those 3 then you dishonour the founding Fathers !

SamD

Wasn't much to it Wade.
Participation was low, just me and Dan.
We got a little info out to the masses but it was hard getting their attention because a new sporting goods store in El Paso sent a couple of scantily clad young ladies to do some PR work for them and they captured most of the attention.
Dan and me don't look so hot in Daisy Dukes and plaid shirts.

As far as the shooting, the small crowd wasn't willing to try it at $25 a shot, so it was Dan and me trading shots at a 4x 3.5 MOA gong till I finally missed one.

TaosGlock

For a city population of 92,000 it was a disappointingly low turnout.  :-[
The usual LC TP events are in the hundreds or more. There were a few former AS shooters there who have shot with us and they took a few flyers to distribute and promo our next shoot here.

Overall, I guess there are not many TP'ers interested in the shooting aspect. Don't they know the index finger is for the trigger, not finger pointing. :'(
This event was advertised around the city especially where gun folks go.

The Picacho Gun Club ran the shooting part of the event.
They are starting to take notice of us now and some of their instructors run events up at the NRA Whittington Center.

They were actually were not going to have the 500M event (no body signed up ++)).  Sam flat out said that is what we came for.
I assumed every gamer in the county would show up.
Instead it was two Appleseeder's, just Sam and me with our M1's, trading off shots in the fading sun.