News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

IBC Prep?

Started by Cheeks, October 07, 2010, 09:57:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheeks

Hey Guys,

I should be finished with Paul Revere's Ride by next week. What else should I do to prep for the IBC? Sorry if I missed this elsewhere. Thanks.

jmdavis

I would say, make sure that you have studied the instructor manual as well.

Mike
"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

Cheeks

smwwoody

read your confirmation letter you got from eventbrite.  it should list everything you need.  other than that here is a short list

- IBC POI
- Instructor manual
- Note Book
- 25m rifle
- KD rifle

Woody
Fixing some of the holes in your bucket first can make bailing easier

Our children should be taught how to think, not what to think....

KJ4WXC

FiremanEd

Woody & Mike pretty much covered it.

See you Friday.

Eddie
Are you a Rifleman or a clerk?? 

"Men sleep peacefully at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their part"   George Orwell

sear

Quote from: smwwoody on October 11, 2010, 09:13:49 PM
read your confirmation letter you got from eventbrite.  it should list everything you need.

I did and it doesn't. Thanks for the list.

The Wolfhound

Where does one procure the listed items?  I already have the Paul Revere book.  I am not sure when I will be able to schedule attendance at an IBC but anything I can get to speed my process is worthwhile.

smwwoody

If you have access to the instructor section of the forum you can find it there. When I get to a computer I will post a few links for you

Woody

KJ4WXC

nyrasgt

Re list to bring...there is NO shooting @ an IBC (though might well be around the edges); rifles will be present for handling learning and demos as well as mock AS @ which IITs practice...also as many diverse sample rifles as possible to familiarize IITs with them...
Excelsior,
madMark
"Aim for a high mark and you will hit it.  No, not the first time, nor the second, and maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting,
for only practice will make you perfect.
Finally, you will hit the bulls-eye of success."
-Annie Oakley Butler
A Rifleman Persists
"Nemo me impune lacessit."  Montresor, via E. A. Poe, 1846

Cheeks

Ed said we WILL be shooting this weekend. We will be shooting Full distance (400 yards) on Sunday. Plan accordingly. I just hope I can find my way back to the range...

smwwoody

Nyrasgt

When the instructors running the IBC say there WILL be shooting at this IBC that means we will be shooting. Time allowing ALL Virginia IBCs have a KD AQT. If we want these IITs to be able to teach KD they should have the chance to shoot it first.

Woody

KJ4WXC

FiremanEd

Nyrasgt,

Basically, what Woody said applies.
But, for the sake of education, explain to me how one would run a mock AS without shooting? Secondly, in VA, and any IBC I run, there will be shooting and if the distance is available we WILL shoot a KD AQT.

Eddie
SB for the IBC in question. 
Are you a Rifleman or a clerk?? 

"Men sleep peacefully at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their part"   George Orwell

B9

I don't think anyone is saying you can't shoot at an IBC, but it is not required.

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=2781.0
"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin