News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Atlanta TX Big Sandy Range Oct 2-3

Started by POP, October 03, 2010, 11:19:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POP

Great Weekend for Appleseed and for America.
Three new Riflemen, One new IIT
Approximately 25 shooters (exact after I audit the checkin sheets)

Thank you to the Joe Harrison Family ... Gracious Hosts.

Please post pics here, and comment on your experience.
POP
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla RBC 11-08, 2-09, 11-09, 11-10
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I can explain it to you but, I cannot understand it for you.

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)

Texas Rifleman

Pop we had 2 new IIT. John (did'nt catch last name)and Criss Berry.
Yes it was a fantastic shoot, outstanding weather and the best hosts !!
...when the student is ready, the teacher will appear.
Davilla - 5/09

POP

That was John Spann, our resident aerial photographer and, the original promoter for Atlanta Big Sandy Range.  John's handle is "WingSpann."  [OOPS.  SORRY.  HIS HANDLE IS "olfart"]  Thank you John for stepping up even more.  Appleseed and America are much the better for all you do.
Criss must have taken the OH while I was up getting lunch.  Thank you as well, Criss.  North Texas / Southern OK can put your skills to good use.
And, we might get one more out of the deal ... we'll see.  He's thinking about it.

Let me add:
Our instructor staff was:
Alonso1 - Shoot Boss
Aromatic - RH ... did an excellent job as Line Boss ALL DAY Saturday ... keeping us on schedule.
POP - did his usual great job at talking too much
Grumpy and Texas Rifleman - did a superb job as RSO on Saturday and sharing the Line Boss Duties on Sunday.  Thanks guys for doing a lion share of making this event a success.

Again, we have some great pics for everyone to see.  I just got to get some rest.  
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)

olfart

And a good time was had by all!!! A great team of instructors, wonderful hosts, and a bunch of great folks on the line made the first Atlanta, TX Appleseed a smashing success!

I'm honored to have been asked by POP to join the ranks of IITs. POP, I'll try to live up to your expectations.

This is an overall view of the location. The food concession stand is the blue tent near the entrance (a welcome addition to the festivities!).

A slightly closer view of the location.

Checking and posting targets.

Sorry I couldn't get better pics of the action, but it's tough trying to fly and and shoot for a patch at the same time.  ::)

"The cure of crime is not in the electric chair, but in the high chair" ...  However, the electric chair works wonders on recidivism.

Grumpy

Seeing as I don't like high places, my pictures are at ground level :cool2:

Here are our more than gracious hosts

The crew

A couple of new "hats"

They earned them

Fantastic group of shooters, too.

Even POP made some friends

Turn off the X-box and focus on the X-ring.

Grumpy

There was some relaxation after work on saturday, Joe allowed us to blow off a little steam.
Let's see if this works
http://s1000.photobucket.com/albums/af125/grumpy66/Atlanta%20Appleseed/After%20work/

Grumpy

POP

Excellent Photography, Grumpy.
Thanks for posting.
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
Waterman 300 9/11/10

Aromatic

Nice pictures Grumpy.  This was a great event.  Alonso1 did a great job as SB.  A special thanks goes out to Pop for arriving early to set up the range and staying late to take it down.  It was nice to meet/re-meet all of the instructors (old and new).

I think if you look closely, you will see the next generation of Starfox and doubleLL in one of Grumpy's pictures....

Thank you to the Harrison family as well.  They were great hosts for AS and seemed to have their entire family present along with many others they knew as well.  This was really a community AS event.

lelehancock

Thanks to the Harrison's and also a big thanks to the patient instructors who were great!! Thanks Rifleman for your help when I couldn't get sighted in,,,,sorry that it took so much babysitting. Thanks to you Grumpy that I could really enjoy the second day because of your loaner. Weather couldn't have been better!! Looking forward to the next one and hope to bring family and friends. Congrats John ,,,,,it'll be nice to have instructor locally. O0 Gonna have my eyes set on passing that AQT!!!! Thanks again everyone!!

Grumpy

You are more than welcome.
I always have a LTR or three if needed.
Keep coming back, it's FUN. :---

POP

Here is one of my favorites.  Many more to follow now that I am getting the hang of posting pics.    #)  **)
Our youth are our future.

Our youth this weekend were a dream to work with.  They exemplified the Rifleman spirit and, stayed with it, never complaining, just doing all that I asked of them.  In this pic, 7 year old Avery's smile says it all.  @)  Note the hash marks at the top of her Green Coat.   O0
For the youth I normally will keep them in prone, sand bagged, and have them shoot the 100 yd target on the Green Coat.  In Avery's case even though she was a beginning shooter, she had the Sight Alignment and  Sight Picture thing all figured out from the get go.  If we weren't on the target I would paper behind to see where her bullets were going which would help in diagnosing her technique.  Of course, in Avery's case she is simply a natural.

The Picture shows her keeping her own score.  Enjoy.
POP

More pics later.  The boss is calling.   **)
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
Waterman 300 9/11/10

Johnnyappleseed

The smiles sure say a lot  ;D
Nice shoot folks ,good pics and a beautiful venue.
Welcome to the new shooters , see you all on the trail.
JA
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

apurifoy

My oldest boy is still talking about the shoot.  Will the other projects in Texas be set up the same way, and do we just show up ready to shoot for those also?

Texas Rifleman

The shoots are all setup the same. Just sign up, show-up and shoot ;)
...when the student is ready, the teacher will appear.
Davilla - 5/09