News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Getting an AS in Rhody

Started by vernic82, October 03, 2010, 10:44:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vernic82

In the 1st phase of getting an Appleseed in Foster, Rhode Island at Highland rod & Gun Club.

http://www.highlandrodandgun.com/

I'm in contact with a Board member who's very interested and will be attending our next Hartford, CT Appleseed.

I will be presenting to the Board in the near future.

More to follow, stay tuned.

vernic82

"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child. For what is the worth of human life, unless it is woven into the life of our ancestors by the records of history?"
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
~ Harlan Ellison

"Yeah well, that's just, ya know, like, your opinion, man."
- The Dude

Fred

This is BIG news!

Possibly "one more down" in our march to "All 50 States - Appleseeding!"

Big O0!
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

PHenry

v82,
Remember that "public virtue" runs woefully short in America - even among shooters, so be sure to appeal to their "what's in it for us" nature. Let them know that Appleseeds can bring in revenue and new members, by exposing new people to their range. Also that our safety level is unmatched and that we are non-political and very family-oriented.

In the beginning I called upon their sense of patriotism and was sorely disappointed. Once you get in, and they see how great the program is, range honchos will often come around to seeing the greater value, but you have to git in first!

Study up in advance and be fully prepped to answer questions. PM ItsanSKS or any other experienced SC for advice and tips if you are not well experienced at this aspect of the program. If this isn't your first "rodeo", just disregard my intrusions.  :-[

Keep up the good work sir.  O0
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

vernic82

PH - thanks for the pointers! O0

Your specified 'bullet points" or 'selling points" are the same ones I've been using successfully in getting 2-3 other ranges in Southern New England on board with hosting Appleseed's. ;D

Quote from: PHenry on October 03, 2010, 03:59:21 PM
v82,
Remember that "public virtue" runs woefully short in America - even among shooters, so be sure to appeal to their "what's in it for us" nature. Let them know that Appleseeds can bring in revenue and new members, by exposing new people to their range. Also that our safety level is unmatched and that we are non-political and very family-oriented.

In the beginning I called upon their sense of patriotism and was sorely disappointed. Once you get in, and they see how great the program is, range honchos will often come around to seeing the greater value, but you have to git in first!

Study up in advance and be fully prepped to answer questions. PM ItsanSKS or any other experienced SC for advice and tips if you are not well experienced at this aspect of the program. If this isn't your first "rodeo", just disregard my intrusions.  :-[

Keep up the good work sir.  O0
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child. For what is the worth of human life, unless it is woven into the life of our ancestors by the records of history?"
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
~ Harlan Ellison

- The Dude

vernic82

Pinetree progress has been going S L O W L Y......... :-\

However, I have a new lead now on Highland Range! 

Seems one of our CT AS'ers (Riptide) has 7th stepped his friend who's, "...... quite active and instrumental at Highland Rod & Gun Club (in Foster, RI)......"

Now if I could just close one of these........ ::)
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

~ Harlan Ellison

- The Dude

CortJestir

Vernic, I hear you get an extra large Christmas bonus if you pull this one off - 10x your normal Appleseed pay.  ;D

Let me know how I can help you, if you need it.

CJ
CT Appleseed Facebook Page

"I hate quotations. Tell me what you know." - Ralph Waldo Emerson :D