News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR DFW Quail Creek, Oct 2-3

Started by starfox, October 03, 2010, 11:36:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

starfox

Full line for our inaugural DFW area Appleseed.  32 shooters on the line including several dedicated Civil Air Patrol Cadets.

No new Riflemen due to a slightly compressed schedule, but several knocking on the door pretty loudly.  Appleseed got the royal treatment so to speak from our host range.  Quail Creek has set the bar pretty high for hosting Appleseeds in the Metroplex!!!  ^:)^

Pictures and more details to come!
"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women,
when it dies there, no constitution, no law,
no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand

"Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon . . ." - Rorschach, The Watchmen.

Davilla 3-10

Texas Rifleman

Can't wait to hear more and help out some on the local range !!!
...when the student is ready, the teacher will appear.
Davilla - 5/09

spitstickler

It was great to see all the new DFW Appleseed attendees this weekend as well as a few familiar faces from earlier on the trail. Thank you, Quail Creek for hosting our first DFW event!

A few pics from the weekend.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

doubleLL

What a weekend!!! We had BEAUTIFUL weather and an OUTSTANDING range for our first DFW Appleseed. I would like to express my thanks and appreciation to Quail Creek for letting AS come out and have our first DFW shoot.   ^:)^

Second, I want to say THANKS to the shooters for coming out and listening to our instruction and history. You are the reason why I LOVE going to Appleseeds. We saw a lot of new faces, families and few familiar ones. We had quite a few folks knocking at the AQT door. Don't give up, a Rifleman persist.  I enjoyed working with you all this weekend-Mike watch out your daughter is close behind you on those AQTs...  :---  :---  :---

Lizza- you are an inspiration and have a true spirit of a rifleman. You persisted through all the obstacles and kept right on trucking with a smile! I hope to see you and your family at future events.

Third- To the Civil Air Patrol cadets- You guys are awesome!! The cadets showed huge improvement and a few even clearing the red coat target!!  You guys and gals are our future and to be able to share our history and instruction with you was an inspiring weekend. Major Clark- thank you for helping me organize this event with the Civil Air Patrol and we look forward to many more in the future.

Chuck, Kirk, Kirby, and Bill- Thank you for coming out and working the event with Andrew and I. We enjoyed instructing with all of you. Kirby and Kirk- your strikes were fantastic and I know the shooters enjoyed just as much as I did hearing them.  O0  Bill and Chuck, a special thanks for working with the cadets on their NRA certification after the event.   O0

Scout- Words aren't enough to express our thanks for all your efforts as state coordinator.  :bow:  You inspire us instructors to keep working the trail and improve our teaching.
"Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien."
Davilla 3-10

spitstickler

Reddot getting the green hat. Congrats, Chuck.

I have some pictures and some video that I will get posted sometime this week. Others feel free to add any images from the weekend as well.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison