News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Burlington Flats' April Shoot

Started by sgtrock, March 25, 2012, 11:21:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sgtrock

Patriots Day weekend April 2012,,,

B-Flats will have a conssessions/chuck wagon at this event,, Hot chow is always a good thing.

We will also be sharing the club house with the annual New York State Youth Turkey Hunt, scoring and weighing of the kids birds that they harvest, it'll be a good time for them to get a look at what we do in action, and for promotion of Appleseed,,,

Any questions PM
sgtrock,,,

LittleMo

Good food and some 7th stepping while doing an Appleseed!
Growing old is mandatory; Growing up is optional!  :)

Marksmanship can be taught and learned,
but the motivation has to be inspired for the
people to become involved.
How many have you inspired that became involved?

http://www.facebook.com/NYSAppleseed
http://www.facebook.com/ProjectAppleseedVermont

BradCoudriet

Can't wait!! We have 4 maybe 5 shooters coming. Should be an awesome weekend!

sgtrock

Welcome BradCoudriet

It should be a great shoot, high speed low drag, good food, great people, we'll be there rain or shine,,,

sgtrock

leroyjenkins

Including myself (Jay) and BradCoudriet, we have 5 confirmed shooters piling into the RV for the BFlats shoot.  Looks like we'll have a few centerfire rifles, too!

Hopefully the weather holds up better than May last year.  If not, a little mud never hurt anyone.   ;)

After we hunt for eggs on Easter Sunday, Brad and I are going to help get everyone zeroed on the squares target at 25m.  Hopefully everyone's gear holds zero for BFlats and we can get down to business quickly.

~Jay

Odin

That is good news, just be prepared for some "good" shooting weather for that weekend.  :)
Deluce Bellum Inexpertis (sweet is war to those who have never experienced it) - Roman Proverb

"Of his knowledge a man should never boast, but be sparing in his speech.  When to his house a wiser man comes, seldom do the silent make mistakes" - Havamal

"To ask well and answer rightly are the marks of a wise man" - Havamal

sgtrock

One week to go folks, sign up quick for your spot at the Flats,,,

leroyjenkins

Some last minute guidance:  Where should we set up camp?  We'll be getting in to BFlats late Friday night (9pm or later) with an RV and a few tents.  I don't want to be in the way of the turkey hunt.

I was thinking here: 

sgtrock

That spot right there would be ideal,,, and/or you can back it up a little closer to the club house as well,, it is nice a flat in that area,,, Dress warm and dry, we got rain coming in this weekend,,, see you soon.

sgtrock