News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Piru, CA RBC, 10-17 October, 2010

Started by Junior Birdman, July 06, 2010, 10:06:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junior Birdman

Right now, somewhere, somebody is working hard to be a world class gymnast. You'll probably see them one day on the podium after an Olympic event, holding up their hard won medal. You probably can't compete with them. Maybe age is a factor. 

Right now, there is a guy trying to become the top poker player in the nation. He will  focus on what he needs to do and work hard and you may even read about him in the paper some day. You probably don't have the skills to compete at that level.

Right now, a fellow is cooking up his best BBQ sauce ever, and will apply it to the best racks of ribs He's ever seen this weekend in order to win the local championship BBQ cook-off.  And while we'd all like to help him eat those ribs, we will not likely ever be able to cook them that way. It's just not in us.

Right now a young fellow is up to his neck in grease, under the hood of his dirt track car, working hard to become the local champ in the hopes of one day seeing his name amongst the winners at a big NASCAR race. And fame and money will follow. You probably don't even know how to change your spark plugs.

Right now, there are people working diligently to undermine what the founding father gave us.

Right now, other people are working just as hard to preserve that birthright.

Right now, you have a choice to make.

You see, once you become aware of something, some kind of action is required. For instance, if, as you lie in bed in the wee hours of the morning you suddenly hear the smoke alarm going off, you are faced with a decision.

You can:  a) Go back to sleep,
            Or b) Jump out of bed, alerting others about the situation, and perhaps save the house and its occupants.

I've got some news for you:

Right now, OUR HOUSE IS ON FIRE!
Right now, YOU know about it and know that something must be done.
Right now YOU must act.

You may never win a gold medal as an Olympic gymnast, win a cool million at a poker match, take home the grand prize for your BBQ ribs, or win a NASCAR championship.
But you can do something even more important.

You can preserve LIBERTY for yourself and those who come after you. Knowing that our rights, our liberties, our COUNTRY is in such grave danger means you must do something. Failing to act simply makes no sense.

Right now you can start working toward the goal of preserving what the founding fathers left us by simply becoming a better American.

And the first step is probably the easiest! Become a RIFLEMAN.
Those who've been around the program long enough know that it's not about the "Rifleman's patch", or some score you shot.
It's not about shooting at all.
It's not even about Appleseed.
And it sure isn't about "you", "me", or "I".
It's about the country and our posterity and what we leave them. 

Wake up the inner American in you.
The one who can't be surprised anymore by anything from Washington. The one who has become apathetic. The one who doesn't even vote any more. The one who is ready to just give up, hunker down, and allow HIS OWN country to fail.

Your age isn't a factor. Your mechanics skills don't matter. The 18 year old is on the same line as the 80 year old. All you need is the DESIRE to be a true American.

Wake up your inner American to the fact that WE can change things.
That WE WILL change things.
That America will be the country our forefathers intended it to be.
And then set about waking up other sleeping Americans so that the task is accomplished faster and easier.

Right now, you can become a better American. Start by joining us in Piru in October for the Rifleman's Boot Camp. There will be a lot of other Americans there who are working to become the best Americans they can be. They will learn much about themselves, their rifles, their fellow Americans, and their heritage as an American Rifleman. And they will enjoy it!

Right now, you should get yourself signed up to be there, October 10 thru 17.  Be there and start becoming the American you know you should be.  I'll see you there.   JB

Find more good reasons to attend a Rifleman's Boot Camp from the archives at:

http://appleseedinfo.org/blog/?cat=17
"But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever." John Adams

Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them. Fredrick Douglass

SavageShootr

Another Rifleman Boot Camp at the Dedicated Appleseed Range in Piru, CA!

Make plans to camp. There is no better way to spend a week.

For more on what to bring to an RBC: http://www.appleseedinfo.org/bc_whattobring.html

For more information on this range and this Boot Camp go to the Event Information Page: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=14577.0

To register for this Boot Camp click on the Registration Link: http://www.eventbrite.com/event/742253099  

"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

bob 210

This a great opportunity to get in some Known Distance shooting out to 700 yrds. The KD portion of this RBC will be on Wednesday and Thursday. A good time for Redhats, SB's and Senior Instructors to take care of their KD requirement. Also, this is an opportunity to get an NRA RSO certification. Many ranges require this certification and JB has made it available, as he is a Chief RSO, for about $75. Please let us know if you want the RSO cert. so that JB can order enough info packets. See you at Piru!
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

Texas Tim

'Morning gents. 

I will be at this years RBC and am really excited for it.  I don't think many of my friends/colleagues understand me taking a weeks vacation to "go shoot guns," but from what I've already witnessed at an Appleseed weekend, I know Appleseed is so much more.  Thanks for giving of your time and efforts to help awaken the sleeping mini-giants of America.  I'll gladly take up the torch and help relight the fire that defines us as Americans.

...And if I'm lucky, my M1 will be delivered prior to RBC so I can fully participate in the KD portion of the weekend.  Looking forward to it fellas.