News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Las Veags Nv Oct 30/31 2010 Clark County Shooting Park

Started by asminuteman, November 01, 2010, 09:42:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

asminuteman

"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."~ Thomas Paine

I know of no way to judge the future, then by the past. -Thomas Paine

Freeman

Freeman
n.
1. A person not in slavery or serfdom.
2. One who possesses the rights or privileges of a citizen.

"Liberty is not a means to a political end. It is itself the highest political end." – Lord Acton

Appleseed: The only program endorsed by the Founding Fathers and GSG9.

TrebleShooter

It was an awesome shoot, and Congrats to our riflemen!  Thanks to everyone who came out, we had blast, hope you did too.
It was the first time we had EVERY southern Nevada instructor on the line without gunshows and such to staff.
My mom, snipercat, ran registration and troubleshooting,
My dad, Rangerat, called the line for Saturday, and chiller called it on Sunday. My brother Persistent_1 helped us out with RSO duties and helped out his friend Kevin, which was one of our rifleman this weekend.
And if course there was Xeyed, who told an awesome first strike and completed the requirements for his red hat. Congrats to Charlie!

This was a beautiful range and an awesome shoot overall, and I'd like to thank asminuteman and LayloPro for taking the time to come down and help us out, you did a wonderful job gentlemen :)

Southern Nevada made three riflemen this month, couldn't have done it without you!

DesertDog

Sounds awesome, I sure felt weird knowing there was a shoot in So Nev that I wasn't at. :o

Looking forward to the next shoot there in Jan.  As well as the BC shoots in 2011.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for lunch.....Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

DesertDog

That does look like a nice range.  Were those the target backers they provided?
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for lunch.....Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

desertrat144

Congratulations to the TWO new riflemen: Steph 210 / Kevin 211.

To the AS IITs and ITs- send the folks at CCSP a Thank You email, and hard copy letter- it will go a long way in getting various Administrative doors opened again.  I did this after PVA's Trap & Pistol Shoots, and the folks there were stunned!  I guess they are starting to get re-acquainted with manners in this economic ________ .

Tom
"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond it's limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves." - President Ronald Wilson Reagan

Xeyed

Quote from: DesertDog on November 02, 2010, 10:47:31 PM
That does look like a nice range.  Were those the target backers they provided?

No those are the New Southern Nevada Appleseed Target backers. I'll bring them to Boulder City In December. Will save you some space in your truck.

I'll also bring the new California Legal Demonstration Rifle. Complete with a "Califlage" paint job.  See picture Below.

One Man awake, Awakens another. The second awakens  His next-door brother.
The three awake can rouse a town. By turning the whole place upside down.

The many awake can make such a fuss. It finally awakens the rest of us.
One man up, with dawn in his eyes, Surely then, Multiplies. Lawrence Trib

DesertDog

Quote from: Xeyed on November 03, 2010, 12:29:34 AM
Quote from: DesertDog on November 02, 2010, 10:47:31 PM
That does look like a nice range.  Were those the target backers they provided?

No those are the New Southern Nevada Appleseed Target backers. I'll bring them to Boulder City In December. Will save you some space in your truck.

I'll also bring the California Legal Demonstration Rifle. Complete with a "Califlage" paint job.  See picture Below.

That one is much uglier than mine  ;D

Xeyed

The pictures above of inaugural event at the Clark County Shooting Park  tell a great deal of the story.

But not all.

Yes the facility is gorgeous. It was a pleasure to run an event in this venue. The  shooting Park Staff were friendly and helpful and provided the support we needed to present an excellent shoot.

The students were focused and absorbed the lessons as demonstrated by the improvement in the redcoats.

During the history,they moved closer to hear what they had never heard before.

The instructor corps, gained experience and promotions were earned.

It was a positive growth experience for all involved.

And we get to do it all again in January.

Freeman

So that's what the Disneyland of shooting looks like! ;D If only I could have been at two shoots at once. The place looks great and no Bullet Buttons to boot! O0
Freeman
n.
1. A person not in slavery or serfdom.
2. One who possesses the rights or privileges of a citizen.

"Liberty is not a means to a political end. It is itself the highest political end." – Lord Acton

Appleseed: The only program endorsed by the Founding Fathers and GSG9.

asminuteman

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."~ Thomas Paine

asminuteman

CSHR

I too will add my CONGRATULATIONS:

Steph & Kevin on Rifleman scores    :~

Xeyed/Charlie/Boundary (my 'literal' name for you  :) ) on the Red Hat you deserve  **)  ^:)^

asminuteman/Ken, if I wasn't committed elsewhere I'd of been there, Great shoot  :bow:

Sounds and looks (cudo's to your daughter) like you had a great group on a wonderful range, Laylo mentioned a kitchen and fridge....it's a wonder you both came back  ++)

CSHR

"But rightful Liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the law" because the law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual." -- Thomas Jefferson

Xeyed

All,

And for those of you who missed the Inaugural Event....

The traveling Appleseed Rifle Marksmanship and American Heritage Tour will be returning to the Clark County Shooting Park in 2011 on the following Dates.

Las Vegas Jan 8-9

Las Vegas Mar 12-13

Las Vegas May 21-22

Las Vegas Oct 22-23

Las Vegas Dec 10-11

It's a wonderful venue to learn about Rifle Marksmanship and your American Heritage.

asminuteman

Xeyed

Not looking to succeed from the union.

Appreciative for all the support Cali has provided over the years.

In fact Bob210 got us our foot in the door at the Clark County Shooting Park. (Thanks)

Would like to extend an invitation to all our friends in SoCal to drop by attend/work an event.

We get 250,000 visitors a weekend, many driving up I-15.

Might as well Appleseed while you are in town. (We'll even let you borrow some high capacity Mags so you can shoot a Red Coat without a Mag change)

Don't worry we don't roll up the sidewalks at 9pm like some towns.

Vegas is open 24 hrs.

Come and Play!

RangeRat

More pics.....

They say a picture is worth a thousand words but there's no way they convey the effort put forth by our shooters to learn marksmanship skills or the emotions stirred by the heritage presentations.

It was my pleasure to have worked with all of you and I expect we'll cross paths again.

RangeRat

Chris_H

OOOooooooo - Lookit those shiny Red Hats!!!

Good job both of you!!

O0 O0 O0

I'm looking forward to seeing them both in December!

Chris

dwarven1

Wow... what luxury. A covered, concrete shooting line.  **)
Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON