News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Woo Hoo!

Started by JustJeff, September 21, 2010, 06:57:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JustJeff

The range in La Luz is closed today, so I went up to Dry Canyon to adjust the scope on Nancy's rifle (get it close for her)...... :~
I had fun... shot crap (165) when I did an AQT with MY rifle, but then I shot a Redcoat before I left.....  I put 3 in the 100.... 3 in the 200.... 3 in the 300.... and missed getting 3 in the 400 by about 1/4 inch  :( (but...the 400 was partially obstructed by grass so I'm happy to have hit it twice).... I missed the headshot by about 3/16 of an inch :P (too much for 30 cal rule).  ..:..

I packed my stuff up and started to leave.  I noticed another vehicle there at another shooting area, so I stopped in the road to see what they were shooting.  I saw a guy shooting a handgun, but didn't see what he was using as a target, so I went over to the group.  They had no targets or backer....they were just shooting.  They'd gone to La Luz and discovered it was closed so they headed up to Dry Canyon.  7th step lightbulb:  "You guys want my box to shoot at, and a few 'zero targets?'"   They jumped at the offer.  I left them with  4 or 5 zero targets, a couple of 100yd silhouettes, and an AQT.... Told them it was compliments of "The Appleseed Project."  They'll be checking us out.  ..:..

EDIT:  I forgot to mention that in addition to the handguns, they'd planned on shooting a mini-14, a .22, and what looked like an .06.  
Your version of "ineffective" does not necessarily reflect the truth....
Having been "ineffectively" taught to the Rifleman Standard and having been "ineffectively" taught to teach others to the Rifleman Standard, I believe I prefer the "ineffective" over the other choice.

Precisely Advantageous

Nice job Jeff on the improvement and word of mouth!
"If the solution has never been to look in yourself, how is it that you expect to find it any where else?"