News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

The future direction of New Mexico

Started by Devnull, September 27, 2010, 05:11:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nmmi9100

Quote from: BobABQ on September 30, 2010, 11:06:11 PM
Devnull, congratulations on the promotion to State Coordinator! I'm sure you will do a fine job!

NMMI9100 seems like an excellent choice to become the Promotions Director!

Again, congratulations Devnull!

Bob:

You're excellent at volunteering others...we'd like to see you back to bailing.

By the way, started shooting my Garand this past weekend.  Darn thing is uncanny accurate...it's an all original 3.8 million Springfield.  Shooting my handloads...145 grain FMJ over 49.0 grains of Varget, Commericial brass, CCI#34 primers.

-David
Edgewood, NM

Devnull

Quote from: NMMI9100 on October 01, 2010, 01:59:02 PM
Devnull, congratulations on the promotion to State Coordinator! I'm sure you will do a fine job!

Bob:

By the way, started shooting my Garand this past weekend.  Darn thing is uncanny accurate...it's an all original 3.8 million Springfield.  Shooting my handloads...145 grain FMJ over 49.0 grains of Varget, Commericial brass, CCI#34 primers.

-David
Edgewood, NM

Let's keep this thread on the topic of getting our team mentality together here in New Mexico and expanding the program.

Someone will either volunteer or possibly be voluntold at some point... I am hoping that someone volunteers.

So what else can we do to expand the program? What are YOU personally going to do in October to expand Appleseed in New Mexico?
"What the heck. I haven't volunteered for something in oh say 6 hours."

TaosGlock

Thanks for stepping up Chris!
BlueFeather and I will be attending the Dickerson's Gun Show in October with the avowed purpose of promoting all of the remaining shoots in our state.
This includes the Nov. and Dec. event (still in the process of getting listed on the AS site) in Las Cruces following the gun show.
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

BobABQ

Quote from: NMMI9100 on October 01, 2010, 01:59:02 PM

Bob:

-David
Edgewood, NM

Congratulations on the Garand!
I'm a summer soldier/ sunshine patriot.
Did anyone get a table for this weekend's Gun show at the fairgrounds in Albuquerque? Golden opportunity to promote the upcoming Del Norte and Albuquerque Shoot Range Appleseeds.

If I think of something that might help I'll pass it along to you Chris.

Devnull

I hadn't heard of there being a gun show this weekend.

Who is the promoter so I can add them to my list to check regularly.

Edit:

I just looked on the expo NM website and they don't have any events listed this weekend. Where did you hear about it at?

BobABQ

Devnull,

The New Mexico Gun collectors Association, Inc. (NMGCA) is holding a gun show this weekend. I  received a coupon card in the mail from them. I hope to make it out there tomorrow after Mass Ascension.

Here is the website listing their gun shows for the year.
http://www.nmgca.net/show-information.htm

nmmi9100

Bob:

Heard you graduated!  Congratulations!

Think you'll have time to help out IITing at the Rio Rancho (16-17 Oct) and Albuquerque (20-21 Nov) Appleseeds?  We'll need all the help we can get...and the fact that you may be a little rusty is no problem.

I'm SBITing the shoots so I'm nudging folks to come help.

-David
Edgewood, Nm

BobABQ

Thank you for the kind thoughts David.

I do not anticipate being at either of the two up coming Appleseeds in an instructor capacity. I have exited the program.

I'm a summer soldier/sunshine patriot/ lack commitment/ lazy/ think the country is fine/ think the country is way past saving/ ect.

Take your pick.

I'm positive you will become an exemplary Shoot Boss.

Devnull

Quote from: BobABQ on October 03, 2010, 01:16:24 AM
Thank you for the kind thoughts David.

I do not anticipate being at either of the two up coming Appleseeds in an instructor capacity. I have exited the program.

I'm a summer soldier/sunshine patriot/ lack commitment/ lazy/ think the country is fine/ think the country is way past saving/ ect.

Take your pick.

I'm positive you will become an exemplary Shoot Boss.
I'm sorry to hear you've left the program. I know all too well that life and especially family needs to be a priority to us all.

I hope to see you back again in the future man! We're at a point that we need everyone we can get manning a bucket and bailing. I know you say your out of the program but I know for a fact your still 7th stepping. Heck I think one of our new IITs is someone you told about Appleseed. Being involved in the program isn't just instructing, but is also telling your fellow Americans about the heritage and trying to get them involved in changing the system. So you truly are still helping us save the sinking ship. I am VERY thankful we have people such as your self out there doing what you can and spreading the message.  O0

Hang in there bud! Things always change and were all hoping the best for you!

BobABQ

Quote from: Devnull on October 03, 2010, 03:18:43 AM
I know you say your out of the program but I know for a fact your still 7th stepping. Heck I think one of our new IITs is someone you told about Appleseed.

Shhhhhhhhhh! You were not suppose to let that out!