News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Saugus, CA Sept 11-12, 2010

Started by bob 210, September 15, 2010, 05:17:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob 210

Although we only had 10 folks show up at this Appleseed, it was the quality that was important. A great group of folks and I specially enjoyed seeing the father/son, father/daughter dynamic. It was a really nice weekend at a really nice range. A special thank you goes out to "A Place to Shoot", the range up there in Saugus, for hosting this event and extending a welcome to set up another event for December 4-5.
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

TheEagleScout

Yeah it was great fun!!!
And I learned alot!!

did a lot of
:---

but where are the pictures?!
"Make good scouts of yourselves, become good rifle shots, so that if it becomes necessary to defend your family or your country you can do so"- Lord Baden Powell

Cal 7.62

Right now I gotta cook dinner. But here's some pics.  More later when I get a chance
Cal
"Let us therefore rely upon the goodness of the Cause, and the aid of the Supreme Being, in whose hands Victory is, to animate and encourage us to great and noble actions - The Eyes of all our countrymen are now upon us..." - George Washington

Cal 7.62

What a great weekend with lots of wonderful folks. :)  You people are the reason we do what we do. I know we'll see some of them come back for more. We had one rifleman, Bill, this weekend and a few getting close. It was good to see the groups tighten up as the weekend progressed. Many of the young'ns persisted in the spirit of true riflemen. Way to go Noah, Natalia & Douglas (?) We had one returning rifleman, Hugh, that I first met at Ridgecrest in April. My friend Bob had to sit out the last AQT and redcoat on Sat. due to a heat related condition, but I'm sure he'll be back when he gets a chance. Brother Kool(aide) stopped by for a time to unload some cartridges and keep the cobwebs off of his Springfield. (Glad to see you again Kool)  All were moved by the heritage of our country and the sacrifices made for our freedom. More later when I have time. More pics for now.
Cal
"Let us therefore rely upon the goodness of the Cause, and the aid of the Supreme Being, in whose hands Victory is, to animate and encourage us to great and noble actions - The Eyes of all our countrymen are now upon us..." - George Washington

Camljr

I had a great time instructing at this Appleseed... ( you meet the best people at Appleseed shoots!)

I will leave the details for the shoot boss to post.

As requested, more pics..... :bow:

96 SHOOTS SO FAR!

WSMR Instructor 03/10  -  SAPPER STEEL!

�The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection�   Thomas Paine

Proverbs 22:3  -  A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even when checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy, nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory or defeat".
Theodore Roosevelt

Johnnyappleseed

Another California milestone  O0
great job Bob getting this range and being the 1st to SB --what we know is a well run AS ^5
Nice pictures  O0
JA
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge