News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Brighton CO Sept.11-12 2010

Started by Nitro45 (Andy), September 20, 2010, 01:03:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nitro45 (Andy)

What a great weekend to exercise your liberty.

We had a wonderful shoot.  Thankyou to all the participants and instructors for coming out.  This was some of the best weather we have ever had at this facility.  Highs where in the mid 80's w/ a light breeze. 

A lot of new shooters where on the line this weekend, so we where able to show a lot of great improvement.  Everybody there was very safety conscious and responded well to instructions.

Thanks to our host range WHAC ( Wilderness Hunters Assoc. of Colorado) for their continued support of this program.

Please post any pics that you might have taken under this post.

Thanks again and I will post more later.

Nitro45
Andy Reinhardt
303 ARms Inc.
andy@303ARms.com
www.303ARms.com
www.facebook.com/303ARms
Hope for the best, Prepare for the worst!
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..." 
If not me, then who?

Austrian Outlook

Appleseed Project, Brighton Colorado, 9/12/2010 (lat=39.9482, lon=-104.5743)

First, a big thank you to Andy, Al, Val, John, Danny and all the instructors and instructors in training.

This event far surpassed my expectations. My original intent was to get some training for my new shooters, my wife and son. Now my only regret is that I didn't sign up myself. Next year for sure.

Here are a few of the pictures I took during the two days of shooting.

The registration table as seen from the parking lot. The historical flags flying were, Old Glory, Gadsden, Fort Moltrie, Culpepper Minuet Men and First Navy Jack.

There was plenty of shade set up under the tents. Mile high sun can roast you. As Andy said, the weather was great.

Line boss, Andy. He kept the whole show on the road with good natured efficiency.

Listening to the instructors. The students were a fine cross section of American citizens.

Serious students.

We learned the finer points of all shooting positions and the use of the sling. Here the prone position is demonstrated.

Instructor in Training (Orange hats) demonstrates one of the variations of the seated position.

The view downrange. All shooting is done at 25 meters, with targets scaled to represent 100, 200, 300, and 400 yards.

Two of the targets used. The one on the left is called a "Redcoat" and represents the head and shoulders of a prone rifleman at various distances. There was also one more target, the serious one, called Army Qualifying Test. Score a 210 on that bad boy and you earn your Rifleman patch.

A view of the firing line.

And another.

I was impressed that there were enough instructors so that every student got plenty of one-on-one time.

A short video clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeHhJZGzBHs

(Anybody know how to embed You tube ?)

Just a Mom and her kid.

The kid had the distinction of being the only shooter who could rest his elbows on the ground in the seated position. So he did. My back hurt just watching him.  :o

Future Rifleman firing commie gun.  ;)

Interspersed throughout the day, during lunch and rest periods were tales of the Revolution given by the Line Boss, Instructors and Instructors in training. It was very inspiring to hear what the founders gave up so that we could be free today.

Thanks again to everyone who made this great event possible!

AO

al smith

Great Photos AO.

Thanks to all who made it out.  It is an honor to serve with you all.  Please come back.  Work on your skills.  Bring friends and get involved in you community. 

This is your country.  The public servants work for you.  You must tell them what to do via letters and the ballot box.  If you get involved you may get a process that reflects the intent of the founding fathers.

All the best.

al smith in Gunnison
al smith