News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Range is interested in hosting.

Started by Ellis1958, November 01, 2010, 11:54:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ellis1958

:sos:

The owner of a range I'm a member of noticed my Appleseed shirt and asked about it. Gave him the 3 minute rundown of what Appleseed is and what we want to accomplish. He's very interested in hosting it. What he asked out of me was to get in contact with the Appleseed organizers to get in contact with him. He also wants to talk to a shoot boss just to make sure our safety program will pass inspection. It will but he wants to hear it from a shoot boss.

Help me out here. Who do I need to contact? What are the steps required to make it happen?
A mind is like a parachute. Neither functions properly unless fully opened.

MeanStreaker

Alright!  Great job Ellis!!!

I believe LA's State Coordinator is spmcpeek.  Your Regional Coordinator is PHenry.

Please send both of those gents a PM and they should take it from there.  If by chance they're both on vacation or something for a few days and I can do something to help you from afar, please PM me.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

Ellis1958

Ellis1958

PM sent to POP with info.

Ran into the range owner again Friday. Hit the high points of 19 April 1775 and he was soaking it up like a sponge. He told me flat out that the American people need to wake up. Haven't I heard this before? He is one of us. He just doesn't know it yet.

I really want to make this happen.

dond

Hi Ellis, it's good to hear from you again, especially since you are making such great strides in the 7th Step. Perhaps you could get the range owner to the Appleseeds in Biloxi, MS or Sherburne in December. If I can help, let me know.
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

Ellis1958

Quote from: dond on November 08, 2010, 02:45:32 PM
Hi Ellis, it's good to hear from you again, especially since you are making such great strides in the 7th Step. Perhaps you could get the range owner to the Appleseeds in Biloxi, MS or Sherburne in December. If I can help, let me know.
Good to hear from you again Don.

He's so busy with the range that taking time off to visit is next to impossible. With the hunter traffic and the constant sporting clays traffic he's a busy dude this time of year. One of his services is sighting in rifles. Being an old benchrest guy he knows a thing or two about scopes. When I saw him last he had 7 on the rack to do. One of his front burner projects is getting a couple 600yd lanes open. Yeah, he's busy.

Maybe somebody has a video they can burn to a DVD to send him?

Thanks for the kind words on the 7th step. I just do my little bit when the opportunity presents itself.

LawDog

Ellis1958 - are you able to say which range?  Or at least which part of the state?  I am in NO and woudl love to see a Shoot come closer than Sherburne.  Thanks. 

Ellis1958

Quote from: eliska on November 11, 2010, 01:46:30 PM
Ellis1958 - are you able to say which range?  Or at least which part of the state?  I am in NO and woudl love to see a Shoot come closer than Sherburne.  Thanks. 
I'd prefer to not say which range at this time. Just in case it falls through for some reason. What I can tell you is that it's south of I-10 and is closer to NOLA than Sherburne.

It's in the hands of the State and Regional Coordinators to work out arrangements with the range owner at this time.

LawDog

Any update on this range hosting a shoot?  There are very few (maybe just one?) shoots scheduled in LA in 2011.  It would be great to see one closer to NO.  Thanks.