News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Why can't I post in other areas?

Started by Cyclops WY, September 13, 2010, 12:04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyclops WY

If someone had a good idea  :) on how and where to get more people involved in the Appleseed program where can I post that info.  Seems like I can only post a new topic in Wyoming forum.

!@#)         :sos:

Cyclops_WY
The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. Thomas Jefferson

Mogget

Well, gracious!  Post it in Wyoming -- we can all see it there, you know!

Thanks for your thoughts, BTW,

Mogs

Cyclops WY

gra·cious
Courteous, kind, and pleasant, esp. toward someone of lower social status

Wow I guess I will just shut my mouth and read all the brilliant posts on the Appleseed forum.

Thanks for all the help.

Cyclops
The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. Thomas Jefferson

Fred

Cyclops, while looking up the definition of "gracious" you should also maybe be looking up the def of "ungracious".

Let's not get off on the wrong foot in the program, right from the start.

We're very forgiving in Appleseed - heck, anyone is a candidate for saving as an Appleseeder - but it sure helps to keep in mind that on this site, unique on the 'net, we try to get along.

I don't know why you want to post elsewhere than in your own state, but I believe the site is set up so you have to have so many posts before you can do it. I expect it was done on the thought that 1) a newbie would naturally be focused on his own state, and 2) to give the newbie time to get acclimated to the very great differences between this site and most others on the 'net before he starts hiphopping all over the site, posting.

Heck, I may be wrong about "there's a certain number of posts required", but I am right about hoping you'll consider it important to try and get things off on the right foot, right at the beginning. It's always a good thing to do.
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

Mogget

Well, Cyclops, you have Fred's attention and it doesn't get much better than that!  I also happen to know that six or eight other folks are watching as well, all of whom are among the movers and shakers of Appleseed

So what's your idea?

Thanks in advance for your insights, BTW.  We are always on the lookout for new ideas.

Mogs

Cyclops WY

I don't want to start off on the wrong foot with anyone.  I am sorry I even posted anything at all.  Shoot straight and God Speed.

Cyclops

JustJeff

Quote from: Cyclops_WY on September 21, 2010, 10:42:06 PM
I don't want to start off on the wrong foot with anyone.  I am sorry I even posted anything at all.  Shoot straight and God Speed.

Cyclops

Hmmm, so you don't care to share your ideas?  And Fred was correct in his assessment...you have to have so many posts before you can post outside of your state.  I think it's 5 or 10.  Oh, and the comments you posted here count toward that total.
Your version of "ineffective" does not necessarily reflect the truth....
Having been "ineffectively" taught to the Rifleman Standard and having been "ineffectively" taught to teach others to the Rifleman Standard, I believe I prefer the "ineffective" over the other choice.

Mark Davis

I wonder if Cyclops perhaps attended an appleseed event in another state and wanted to contact those he shot with.
I wonder if Cyclops' name might be Chris.

Earl

I think you can post on the AAR for an Appleseed and on your state forum, or it seems I get a few new shooters to leave comments that way, and pictures. But, I really don't know and couldn't even figure out where it was posted as information, just a guess the rules on how to use the forum. :-[
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.