News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

PALMERTON PA. SHOOT

Started by Livefreeusa, July 25, 2010, 01:15:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Livefreeusa

Just a few quick notes for the PALMERTON  Appleseed shoot..

WHEN   Sept 11 and Sept 12

WHERE  PALMERTON PA.  245 Gun club Rd. 18071

I know it’s not on the schedule yet but this is an advanced notice, and I getting the word out for planning ect.
From what I hear we have room for about 50 or so shooters, If we run over it should still not be a problem. I think we could get 75 easy and I hope it happens but we’ll cross that bridge if we need to. 
The facilities at the gun club are as follows;

On site Camping… NOTE this will be Dry OR Rustic  whatever you want to call it.  We have a flush toilet at the range and in the camping area we have an outhouse. We also have a water spigot  for campers in the camping area. THIS CAN NOT BE USED TO HOOK UP A RV. It’s just for community  water  to drink  and minor washing. There will not be any electric hook up, I’m not saying there wont be light but you can’t “hook up” to it. We have a covered pavilion  so you could set up free standing tents under it just in case your tent leaks. (pray for a nice day anyway).   We also have room for a few RV’s I don’t know how level but it’s do-able.
There is food in town Pizza, hoagies, ect. AND OUR KITCHEN WILL BE OPEN!!
There are a few hotels near the turnpike.
I think that’s about it, CONTACT me for anything I may have missed.  I’m looking forward to a nice big turnout.
Here's the link for the directions http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Palmerton&state=PA&address=245+Gunclub+Rd&zipcode=18071
If there must be trouble  let it be in my day  so my child can live in peace

Livefreeusa

I looked at the camping area in more detail today, and we have plenty of room for just about anything Rv wise

arpjoe

Palmerton, PA is on the schedule and eventbrite is ready to take your reservation(s).  I just sent the PM to instructor scheduling to sign up for instructor at the new PA location Appleseed Shoot.  Nice time of the year for an Appleseed Shoot too.   ^:)^

Joe
Starve the collective (Ref: Starving the Monkeys, Tom Baugh) and
restore the Constitution.

He is a fool who knows not that swords were given to men, that none might be slave, but such as know not how to use them..
Algernon Sidney
Discourses Concerning Government
Ch. 2, sect. 4, p.343

Livefreeusa

^:)^ OH YEA!  Let's get this ball rolling   ^:)^   

arpjoe

As far as prep for the shoot I have posts, wire, rope and maybe enough cardboard for setting up the target line.  I will have to call Twoguns and meet him on a weekend at Palmerton Rod & Gun since it is not too far for me to travel.

I was living in northeast Ohio before I took a new job and relocated to this area in January.  I was part of the Ohio Appleseed Crew and did nine Appleseed Shoots last year.  I have enough cardboard from moving boxes if it is needed for Palmerton.  With moving and getting everything done at the new house I have only been able to do the April shoot at Vienna, OH this year.  I am looking forward to getting back into Appleseed and help bail in northeast Pennsylvania.   O0

He is a fool who knows not that swords were given to men, that none might be slave, but such as know not how to use them..
Algernon Sidney
Ch. 2, sect. 4, p.343

arpjoe

I just checked the pre-reg numbers - it is 20.  A good start for the first shoot at Palmerton Rod & Gun Club.  Not a lot of time for promotion after the new location was approved so 20 is respectable.

We have a shoot boss and three other instructors for this shoot.  The weather is even going to be good for the weekend in the low 70's for highs.  I am fired up for this weekend to show Palmerton the Appleseed experience.

Joe

Algernon Sidney
Ch. 2, sect. 4, p.343

arpjoe

I am posting this in a few places on the forum so if you have seen this already...........

LiveFreeUSA and TwoGuns are members at Palmerton and attended the Palmerton Rod and Gun Club's meeting last night.  They reported the successful first Appleseed at Palmerton.  Then the club approved four Appleseed Shoots at Palmerton next year.  April 9-10, 2011 has been set as a date for the first with the other three to be determined later.   ^:)^

Great 7th Stepping LiveFreeUSA and TwoGuns  :bow:  Thank you!!  And thank you to the members of Palmerton Rod & Gun Club for supporting the Appleseed cause!!

Algernon Sidney
Ch. 2, sect. 4, p.343

Livefreeusa

Thank you Fred for getting my ass off the couch... See what YOU started! :bow:   Lets just get the word out for this one, we have a bunch of room for shooters and campers. A win win if you ask me. Our kitchen should be open again and that will give us easy access to some good chow. Chainsaw made real good use of the range and layout so it should be a snap to set it up like he had it! Let me see.... FREE under 21, free military, free women, free law enforcement, Free good time had by all and last but not least FREE CAMPING ON SITE! You can't beat that with a stick!

thats all for now
be safe and..
LIVEFREEUSA