News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

WV Appleseed Blog

Started by Mountaineer, October 21, 2009, 02:15:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mountaineer

She's just a work in progress as of now.  I plan on changing the template, and tweaking a bit.  But as a work in progress, here she is: http://wvappleseed.blogspot.com/

If you'd like to write an article or entry.  Forward it along to me, and it'll get posted, with your credentials of course.

If you have suggestions or comments, send them my way.

Keep your powder dry,

In Liberty,
--- Mountaineer

"History has shown us that government leaders often ignore the fundamental fact that people demand both dignity and freedom. Stripping motivated people of their dignity and rubbing their noses in it is a very bad idea."

The Machine

Excellent Mountaineer...excellent!  O0  I like what I've seen so far and I can't wait to see the next level that you mentioned. I also encourage everyone to submit material for content. I'm still amazed the WV Appleseed program finally has it's own blog, and I didn't have to get out of these ( &)) to make it happen! Keep up the good work my friend.  :)
"I proudly support limited government and unlimited common sense"

"One of the great advantages of the American Revolution has been, that it led to a discovery of the principles, and laid open the imposition, of governments." - Thomas Paine 1792

"It does not take many words to speak the truth"

Mountaineer

Blog Updated:  23 Feb 2010,
In Liberty,
--- Mountaineer

"History has shown us that government leaders often ignore the fundamental fact that people demand both dignity and freedom. Stripping motivated people of their dignity and rubbing their noses in it is a very bad idea."

The Machine

Quote from: Mountaineer on February 23, 2010, 12:26:36 PM
Blog Updated:  23 Feb 2010,
Thanks...is there a way we can get a traffic count for that blog? It would be nice to have some stats on the effectiveness of this particular effort. I've been linking back to the blog from other internet sites whenever I can.

"One of the great advantages of the American Revolution has been, that it led to a discovery of the principles, and laid open the imposition, of governments." - Thomas Paine 1792

B9

Nice work.  O0

Retired or even current LEOs are not officialy free as of now and it is 20 and under not under 20.

PS: I don't see a reason to point out that 2019 has not happened yet..... ;)
"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

The Machine

Quote from: B9 on February 24, 2010, 11:28:54 AM
Nice work.

Retired or even current LEOs are not officialy free as of now.
Good catch my friend!  ;)  Can you please get this corrected ASAP 'M'?

I also spotted some other details that need changed: 1. "under 20 shoot for free..."; should be "under 21 shoot for free...". 2. The 2010 Stinson schedule link is this one: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=10971.0 3. The link to the main RWVA website is incorrect, it has an "r" after "info"...should be http://www.rwva.org or http://www.appleseedinfo.org . 4. Fred made a good point of adding the RWVA blog to our links list. That particular blog is often overlooked, but it contains a wealth of good info. Let's do our part in trying to direct some more traffic to it. Keep up the good work!  O0

Fred

How the &%$# did I miss this?

Looks good!

I'd suggest adding the RWVA blog www.rwva.org/blog to the "Links" list.

I'd also like you to review the RWVA blog and PM me with some ideas to make it more useful/efficient/enticing, if possible...
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

Mountaineer

All right, Gentlemen,

Those changes and fixes have been made.  Thanks for the weather eye, I need to have you guys proof-read my campaign website  (-;  .  Look forward to see y'all around, or meeting you, as the case may be.

In Liberty,
--- Mountaineer
In Liberty,
--- Mountaineer

The Machine

Uh, I think you missed something bro:
QuoteRemember:
Active/Retired .Mil, women, and children 20 and under all shoot free.
Quote19 October 2019
Quote*** Remember: women, children under 20, military, and LEO's all shoot free.
Other than those, it looks great.  O0

Fred

Actually, it should be "Saturday, 15 Oct 2016", and a report of the One Millionth Appleseeder showing up - at a West Virginia Appleseed!

And, after he was suitably greeted and the announcement made by the Shoot Boss, said SB turned to the assembled crowd and Asked The Magic Question: "Shall we stop now?"

And to unanimous acclaim, the decision was made to continue another year - and double to TWO Million! :) O0 ^:)^ ^:)^ ..:.. ^:)^ ..:.. ^:)^ ..:.. ^:)^ ..:.. ..:.. ..:..
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

Mountaineer

The right pane of the blog has been edited to show the new AS's in Beckley.

--- Mountaineer (KPatrick)
In Liberty,
--- Mountaineer

Old Dog

tried to post a comment on your blog but obviously I'm internet handicapped.  I couldn't figure out how to do it and gave up after a couple of tries.  You've got a nice layout there but it doesn't look like folks are getting interested/involved.  I thought it might help if some of use began to post comments that might get other folks interested in questioning or commenting.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

The Machine

Quote from: Old Dog on April 10, 2010, 06:23:27 AM
tried to post a comment on your blog but obviously I'm internet handicapped.  I couldn't figure out how to do it and gave up after a couple of tries.  You've got a nice layout there but it doesn't look like folks are getting interested/involved.  I thought it might help if some of use began to post comments that might get other folks interested in questioning or commenting.
OD, you must click that "Sign In" link in the top right corner and follow the instructions before you can post comments. If you already have a Google account, it just asks for your password to log in. If you don't have a Google account, you can create one from that "Sign In" link. It seems like a lot of hassle to go through, just to post a comment. Not as user friendly as a 'Word Press' blog.

Mountaineer, did you look into using Word Press, instead of this app? I know in WP, the Administrator has control over the way comments are dealt with from the "Dashboard". Comment options come in 3 general flavors: 1. allow anyone to comment 2. user must sign in before commenting 3. comments are locked. There is some tweaking, using filters, which can be done if comments are allowed...keeps "bots" and "spammers" from fouling things up.  :)

Mountaineer

I've never used WordPress, I can look into it if you want.  Blogger is just what I'm most familiar with.
In Liberty,
--- Mountaineer

Mountaineer

Updated.

I also wanted to share an image with y'all.

In Liberty,
--- Mountaineer

The Machine

Mountaineer has recently updated our WV Appleseed blog and added the Charleston Gazette article...give it a look: http://wvappleseed.blogspot.com/