News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Minot RPC Indoor Appleseed 2010

Started by ndrifleman, September 04, 2010, 10:41:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ndrifleman

The Minot Rifle and Pistol Club voted on 9/2/10 to procede with scheduling at least one Appleseed Marksmanship Clinic.  We may have the opportunity to do a winter indoor shoot!  This post will be updated as details come forth.  Check out their website at www.minotrifleandpistol.com.  They have an awesome facility!

Update 9/22/10: Information packet provided to club with all details necessary to set up shoot.  Cover letter, Host Application Form, Proof of Insurance, sample Liability Form, and Dillon Precision Products article.  VP McLaughlin stated he will pass it to the board for a vote on the first Thursday of October.  Suggested AS dates were sometime in December.

Update 10/5/10:  This accidental shooting may delay our shoot plans for the moment: http://www.kfyrtv.com/News_Stories.asp?news=43453.  These guys must not have attended an Appleseed, 'else they would have known Rule #1: Always Keep the Muzzle in a Safe Direction! Also, the October meeting was postponed to the second Thursday of the month (the 14th).

Update 11/1/10: I will be attending the December meeting of the Minot Rifle and Pistol Club with the intention of actually setting some dates in stone.  First Thursday of the month at 7pm.  You're welcome to come express your support!
"Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a two edged sword in their hand. " Psalm 149:6

"The glorious inheritance which our fathers left us we must never betray.We must seize the torch from their hands, and transmit it with increasing brightness to distant generations." James Thornwell

Old Dog

Holy cow!!  I lived on Minot AFB for 3 years in the late 60's/early 70's and we hunted and fished all over that part of the state (well, only fished at Lake Darling and in the Souris River (the mouse ;D).  There's more trees and hills in that first picture of the outdoor range than I saw in 3 years.

Where is it at in relationship to the town??  Down along the river somewhere?  Just curious.  I'll have to show these pictures to my dad.  He'll get a kick out of seeing trees around Minot (we used to drive up to the Canadian border to squirrel hunt - the trees stopped along the Red River coming into ND from MN and started again up near the northern border.

Hope it works out for you and you get more Appleseeds.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

slim

I lived on that base for two years in the late '90s. I'm guessing that picture was from MN or WI or something because there aren't that many trees in the entire state of ND.

But.... there sure is a lot of range to shoot! I was glad to read it will be an indoor range for the winter event. Minot is where I learned why the M-16's trigger guard folds down. - And I learned it the hard way!

Great work up there, ndrifleman. Who knows, maybe some day I'll be able to join you guys for an event and cruise the strip like I used to. Although... I won't be attending any winter shoots, even if they are indoor!

ndrifleman

Old Dog:  The range is a few miles west of town on Hwy 2.  It'Yes, it's in the valley there.

Slim:  You're welcome up here anytime. :)  Winter isn't that bad, we're just glad that it doesn't get any more hot and humid during the summer!
"Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a two edged sword in their hand. " Psalm 149:6

"The glorious inheritance which our fathers left us we must never betray.We must seize the torch from their hands, and transmit it with increasing brightness to distant generations." James Thornwell