News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Vermont Shoots 2010

Started by GMB74, January 29, 2010, 08:43:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GMB74

Here is the 2010 Shoot Schedule for VT:

April 17 & 18:
Hale Mountain F&G Club (Bennington)
Windy Knolls Farm (Middlebury)

May 15 & 16
Proctor F&G Club (Proctor)

June 19 & 20
Hale Mountain

July 17 & 18
Proctor

August 14 & 15 (Battle of Bennington Day)
Hale Mountain

October 2 & 3
Proctor

More dates may be added. We are planning on having at least one shoot at Jericho (Ethan Allen Firing Range). Dates to be announced when they are confirmed. For more info PM GMB74 or email vt@appleseedinfo.org.

improman

what is the protor match in july about?? ill be coming from maine and bring my vt dad??ok fill me in please

improman

vermont seems to be 22 calibers...is there any 30 caliber appleseeds..iam not a boyscout...lol

GMB74

30 cal. is OK at Proctor. Just be aware we shoot a lot, often in excess of 600 rounds during the weekend. We use .22's because it is cheaper. Bring a lot of ammo, or a .22 to get through the basics, then switch to your .30 later on.

Nickle

Quote from: improman on April 21, 2010, 03:48:34 AM
vermont seems to be 22 calibers...is there any 30 caliber appleseeds..iam not a boyscout...lol

Well, I have to say that you're very wrong.

Jericho even has a KD/AQT every time we're there.

Only events that are kept as strictly .22 are Bennington (due to noise issues). We recommend using a .22 at the Middlebury spring shoot, as it's 25 meters only, but, the fall shoot is also a KD/AQT event.

Now, I'll make the challenge to come shoot out to 400 yards. At Jericho, we even have gotten a 600 yard volley in once, so you can check your sight adjustments out that far. Sure makes a great confidence boost.
They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about, having been employed as Rangers against the Indians and Canadians and this country being much covered with wood, and hilly, is very advantageous for their method of fighting. . . . ".  Lord Percy

Sounds like New Englanders to me.

VTMAC

I have a quick question:
I'm looking to attend my 1st Appleseed event. Ideally a less crowded one and hopefully focusing on the 22 so that I can really work the fundamentals.
The issue is, I'm currently dealing with a herniated disc in the back - and won't be able to shoot sitting on the ground. I could probably stick with kneeling or standing, and am not sure about prone.
Are there benches to fire from at Proctor, if need be?
Thanks!
-Aydan

Buzzworth

No movable Benches at Proctor  a card table and folding chair may work maybe some sand bags too
Bennington has movable benches Aug 14 15
No Guns, No safety, No freedom
KNOW Guns, KNOW Safety, KNOW FREEDOM

VTMAC

Sounds great, I'll toss a chair in the back of the car, maybe a table. Otherwise I'll just double up on one of the other positions.
Oh, I've seen mention of Fred's Guide to shooting - is there any place I can download it, or will there be some available for purchase at the event?

Thanks again,
Aydan

The Old Guide

Wife and I will be at Bennington on August 14 & 15. We're looking forward to it. Wife is an experienced shoot admin, complete with her pink RWVA hat in case the regular shoot admin needs a break.
Our history is not a list of dates and places. It is a dynamic adventure of freedom and individual courage.

Crak's IBC, August 2010.
Fred's AIBC, April 2011
kDan's IBC, March 2012
Northeast SC Confab, Feb. 13

Nickle

Jericho this year is 10-11 July and 11-12 September.

We actually got it twice.
They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about, having been employed as Rangers against the Indians and Canadians and this country being much covered with wood, and hilly, is very advantageous for their method of fighting. . . . ".  Lord Percy

GMB74

VTMAC,
I will have some copies of Fred's Guide available at the Proctor shoot July 17 & 18.
You can shoot whatever positions you are capable and comfortable with. We will work with you.
See you there,
Jim

LittleMo

My significant other and I will be attending the Bennington Appleseed in August. For both of us, this will be our 2nd Appleseed. She hopes to earn the Rifleman patch this time. I will be trying too!

A question of curiousity, in addition to the inspirational history lessens, will there be something special for the Battle of Bennington Day?

Gary
Growing old is mandatory; Growing up is optional!  :)

Marksmanship can be taught and learned,
but the motivation has to be inspired for the
people to become involved.
How many have you inspired that became involved?

http://www.facebook.com/NYSAppleseed
http://www.facebook.com/ProjectAppleseedVermont

GMB74

Buzzworth will be SB for that event. Send him a PM and find out what he might have in store.

gundog

I would like to attend Jericho in sept.......

I can't seem to PM Nickle.....can you shoot me an e-mail?

gundogpa@hotmail.com

I tried to e-mail the address on the flyer but no one responded.....   Thanks!
Anticipate the difficult by managing the easy.

Lao Tzu

Nickle

Quote from: gundog on August 03, 2010, 12:11:42 PM
I would like to attend Jericho in sept.......

I can't seem to PM Nickle.....can you shoot me an e-mail?

gundogpa@hotmail.com

I tried to e-mail the address on the flyer but no one responded.....   Thanks!

Best way to e-mail me is GreenMtnAmmo@gmail.com.

I get those on my phone, so usually can give a basic reply in short order.

And, PM replied to gundog.

LittleMo

GMB74,

Nah, I won't bother him with a PM. If he does have anything special lined up, let it be a surprise and an honor.  :)

Gary
Growing old is mandatory; Growing up is optional!  :)

Marksmanship can be taught and learned,
but the motivation has to be inspired for the
people to become involved.
How many have you inspired that became involved?

http://www.facebook.com/NYSAppleseed
http://www.facebook.com/ProjectAppleseedVermont

mikinvt

Is there any room for 3 walk ons at Jericho tomorrow?  One 14 year old and two adults.  Thanks.