News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Texas Appleseed/RBC in the News

Started by Scout, November 18, 2010, 07:36:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scout

The Davilla RBC is going just great and we have been trying to get as much coverage of it by the media as we can. We managed to get a front page above the crease story in the Temple Texas Telegram today with a story of the RBC in a 60,000 reader paper so that will save a few fliers and help us fill out the line this weekend.

CBS came out last Tuesday and did their story and the CBS story on Appleseed will be out online Friday night and then will go statewide on air for nightly news next Wed.

The last story by the ABC News crew went out statewide last month and has generated over 250,000 views online so far statewide. This CBS story has a 2,000,000 hit a week website. We will have NBC and FOX coming out next month and we are working on German and Austrailian news coverage for Jan.

Here is the Telegram front page, above the crease story. The reporters seldom ever get it exactly right but they did a not so bad job today. Teaching folks about the history of  "American Revolution" is not really what we do, but was an honest mistake. The Master Instructor stuff did not come from me or JB, and the 30,000 members thing must have come from the number of folks we had go through the program so far, again, not sure where that came from. Overall, the whole story that went out in the paper today was a very positive one.

http://www.tdtnews.com/story/2010/11/18/70286  
BattleRoadUSA.com

"Who wants Ice Cream?" Fred

Sixty seconds is way too long for a minute, I am cutting it down to thirty seven seconds- SoM

"You can shout it, you can preach it, but no matter how many times you repeat it, NEVER believe your own bullSh*t." (as told to me by Grin Reaper)

dart67eb

Do you get to see the whole article tomorrow or do you have to get the print?  Otherwise, great promo!
Ignorance may be bliss, but it's not a virtue.

4bfox

Looks like you have to be a subscriber...would be nice to see the whole article.  The 'teaser' looks good!
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money" G. Gordon Liddy

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10

zonkertx

I have the old-fashioned hardcopy.  I'll scan it and save it, but not sure about "fair use" issues and posting on a public forum.  I'm no copyright lawyer.  PM if interested.

It was a well-done story, and didn't have any of that ADL/SPLC spin woven in.  Plus, they selected a really good-looking specimen for the pic.   :~
(The Garand, not necessarily its shooter!  >:D )

scuzzy

We had the local CBS station visit our Midland shoot this Saturday. They ran the piece on the local television station Saturday night. The website just has a short blurb. I was told the television coverage was very favorable.

http://cbs7.com/news/details.asp?ID=22556

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.