News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Manheim, PA, Aug 20, 2010

Started by jmcglash, August 11, 2010, 01:05:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmcglash

Hello,

I will be heading out to the Manheim, PA on Aug 20th with my son.

I will be bring my 10/22 with Tech Sights and a sling.
I plan on getting Dad's 22 as well but it is a single shot bolt, open iron sights and no sling.

I was wondering if there is someone I can contact about a loaner for the event?
I figure if the line is run in stages we should be OK and if not we can fall back to the bolt but I would like to cover the options.
He can always use the bolt seeing as he just earned his Rifle merit badge and has much younger eyes.

I am looking forward to a change to learn and meet folks. I should be a great weekend with plenty for both of us to bring back to the Troop.

Jim
"We only have a short time to live, so it is essential to do things that are worthwhile and to do them now."
~  Lord Robert Baden-Powell

lprgcfrank

Glad to have you coming out.  The instructors have several 10-22 loaners.  You can have one of those.
"fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]

Big H

In addition to learning rifle marksmanship and the heritage of April 19, Manheim Appleseeders this week-end will also see a demo of a Pennsylvania Long Rifle muzzle loader, similar to the rifles used by Captain Morgan's riflemen.

mal

jmcglash, I'll be bringing a Liberty Training Rifle to loan out along with 4 new mags needed to do a full timed AQT.  It's still new with less than 200 rounds through it so I hope it won't give anyone issues.  I've wanted to break it in a bit more, but simply didn't have the time.  Perhaps you could do me the honor :-)
~Malcontent

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."
~ John Adams

jmcglash

Mal,

That is very generous of you. I am sure we can make something work to your needs. Thank you for the offer.
With such a chance to learn the honor will be shared by all. We will see you at the event.

Jim
"We only have a short time to live, so it is essential to do things that are worthwhile and to do them now."
~  Lord Robert Baden-Powell

jordanch68

I'll have mine too in case anyone would like to use it.