News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

slippery rock august 7/8

Started by Cowdog, July 30, 2010, 05:52:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cowdog

One of the registrants for the next AS at the Slippery Rock Tim Murphy DAR is bringing his Brown Bess, Bayonet and Cartdridge box for an extra demo. He is also bringing an early Jaeger variant that should make  a nice contrast to my later 1790 repro long rifle.

This will be a great AS for some extra hands-on heritage. 
My avatar is the Flag of John Proctor's Westmoreland County Provincials, from 1775

Spanner

It looks like the weather is going to be spectacular this weekend  ^:)^

We'll have a bunch of shooters and instructors.

(There are still a few unsold spots on the line!)

@@)  ^:)^   :~

See you there!

" Decision-making is the supreme manifestation of human dignity. "  -Jouvenel

thembio

I just wanted to everyone know that this was a great event. The weather was very nice (though quite hot). I am very impressed with the Appleseed organization. The strict adherence to safety was much appreciated. Having very little real experience with rifles, this event was a real eye opener for me. I hope to attend another event soon, but plan to bring a smaller caliber and a pair of elbow pads next time! I am fairly flexible, but have some old injuries (ankle and neck)... the prone position was brutal. My SKS was a bit difficult for me to learn the fundamentals of shooting. The weight of this rifle makes it difficult to use consistently and the recoil really starts to take its toll after a whole weekend. I think I'd be better served with a .22 for another event. Thanks for the event and for the hard work and patience.

EZ3

Glad you enjoyed the shoot, and hope to see you again soon!  Bring a friend.  Better yet, bring TWO friends!   O0
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy