News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

August 28-29 Eleanor AS Innaugural event

Started by MacMcM, August 16, 2010, 11:14:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacMcM

The bridge is open, so you can get to the range from either set of instructions you may have received!

Aug 28-29 the Kanawha Valley Regulators (PCGC Cowboy group) will be selling Hotdogs, Drinks and water both days.

A reporter for the Charleston Gazette will be in attendance for the shoot. He is a gun owner and should be a positive article, but his paper is very liberal.

If you didn't get pre-registered, there should be a few spots for walk-ins.

See y'all there!

Mac
" 'Cuz truly, at the end of the day - the piece of cloth means nothing.  It's who is standing beside you." West
"If I thought even for a second that it was impossible I would be doing other things." GopherBoy

VAshooter

There will be a Virginia contingent of instructors at Eleanor this weekend. VAShooter, jmdavis and smwwoody are all taking advantage of West Virginia hospitality to see if we can stir the pot and cook up some new Shoot Bosses for West Virginia.  I hope that anyone eligible for advancement to Red Hat, Senior Instructor  or Shoot Boss will attend this Appleseed. We will also bring some Orange Hats in case some shooters have attended an Appleseed before and would like to take that first step down the Appleseed trail.

We are looking forward to seeing lots of our West Virginia and maybe some Ohio friends too.

VAshooter

MacMcM

Great news, all y'all are welcome here! I think the weather may even cooperate.

I will be at the range early Friday working on range prep. I really am looking forward to meeting everybody.

Mac  ^:)^
" 'Cuz truly, at the end of the day - the piece of cloth means nothing.  It's who is standing beside you." West
"If I thought even for a second that it was impossible I would be doing other things." GopherBoy

MacMcM

I just learned (and verified) that the benchwork under cover at our range is removeable. We will be able to shoot under cover at Eleanor! ..:.. I will have the benches removed before the VA contingent arrives for setup.

jmdavis

"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

MacMcM

To all WV ASers:

One of our attendees for Aug 28-29 needs a stock 1022 barrel..  He is putting together a LTR from parts for this w/e... Let me know if you have one layin around.

Mac