News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Gunnison, CO

Started by colycat, August 05, 2010, 08:44:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colycat

One week out, and no instructors.  One week out and 1 pre- reg.  One week out, and no interest???? How can there be an Appleseed with no interest?  In Colorado?

What do you all want to do about this shoot?  Cancel Now or try to do the low tech thing and contact everyone you know and ask them to attend?  And sign up to instruct.

Time is very short to take this decision.
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

colycat

Its been over an hour, and all I hear is crickets.  Do we have a Appleseed Project in Colorado? :o :o :o :o
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

esaabye

I can't do this weekend, finishing the baseball season and school starts back up for the little ones on Monday. 

colycat

I know instructors in AS have a life too, out side of Appleseed.

Jefferson once wrote, Avoid the sports of stick and ball, as they are too violent to the body. Better to have your gun as your constant company, as it will build character in mind and spirit.

Liberty was not one with a ball. 

Thanks for posting, and I should have thrown in a bunch of smiliies.  So here they are :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

colycat

We are going to have to consider bailing out of this venue.  Instructors are a constant problem, as are getting any shooters to this location.

We have a un staffed shoot Sept 4 and 5 with only 1 pre reg.  A decision will have to made by the end of this weekend.

Any ideas out there Colorado?

nmmi9100

Good venue...just in the serious sticks.  Ashrn03, ALSMITH, Cowboy and I as well as others worked on the inaugural shoot there.  Cowboy did a heck of a job to get this DAR range built but maybe western Colorado is like Texas...folks think just because they're from there that the know how to shoot and don't need any help.

Good luck getting this going!

-David
Edgewood, NM

P.S.  I'd love to help...but I worked a shoot in NM 28-29 Aug and am scheduled to  work again on 11-12 Sept.

al smith

I am sorry to be late in this discussion.  It has been a challenging year for my company and family. I have some time now to make up for lost time.

The Gunnison location may be too far in the sticks. We have a total county population of 15,000.  There are many folks who think they know how to shoot.  Some can.  But few know their history. 

The economy is very challenging for many families- Median income for a working family is $32,000/yr.

We are trying to light the appleseed bonfire.  We have held some good events.  We offer great marksmanship training with excellent history and a spectacular venue.  And we will persist to build our rifleman ranks.
And persevere.  And we will prevail.  "If God be on our side, who could be against us?"

al smith