News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

ILLINOIS REGIONAL INSTRUCTOR TRAINING BOOT CAMP --IBC

Started by Pappy, August 02, 2010, 01:18:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pappy

Hello All; This comming January we will be holding the regional IBC in Ottawa at the MASONIC LODGE #44 AF & AM.
We have room for 150 IIT`s and Instructors.... SO mark your MLK birthday weekend to be here in Ottawa for the third record setting IBC....  This will be like the others every one will be expected to brigg a large dish to pass, we will be bunking at the lodge so bring your cot and bed roll, Ect. See you there.... Pappy
Which has greater value?...... Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo..

Gumballhead

Quote from: Pappy on August 02, 2010, 01:18:55 PM
Hello All; This comming January we will be holding the regional IBC in Ottawa at the MASONIC LODGE #44 AF & AM.
We have room for 150 IIT`s and Instructors.... SO mark your MLK birthday weekend to be here in Ottawa for the third record setting IBC....  This will be like the others every one will be expected to brigg a large dish to pass, we will be bunking at the lodge so bring your cot and bed roll, Ect. See you there.... Pappy

I'm in!  Don't forget to bring the bar...

TheEditor

Don't forget, we've had a lot of new shooters and instructors on the forum since the last one of these.  The new folks may not know what the "bar" is.  I wasn't at the last one, and it took me a while to figure it out from the aar posts.  Just to enlighten those who have recently come aboard:  the "bar" at the Great Illinois IBC has nothing to do with liquor!

TE

Hello John; This is a (JOKE) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D. You would of got if You had attended the first or even the second ILLINOIS Regional IBC.... There never was a (Bar) any where near our IBC.....  Pappy
John N.
Author of "50 Things You Didn't Learn in School - But Should Have"
www.heuristicbooks.com

AFTERMATH

Soooo.....  150 Riflemen walk into a bar.....
Ouch!
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Pappy

There is a pipe that we hang stuff on in the basement at our home, the folks banged there head on it from time to time.. It was marked with orange tape by the end of the event... And folks would chant 12 12 12 then 13, 13, 13 ect  :) ;) funny in a IBC kind of way......  Pappy
Which has greater value?...... Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo..

TheEditor

I knew it was a joke; I was just making sure the new folks knew.   

Although on Lexington Green, before dawn, while waiting to see what happened, 70 riflemen DID walk into a bar...
John N.
Author of "50 Things You Didn't Learn in School - But Should Have"
www.heuristicbooks.com

Reveille

Quote from: TheEditor on August 03, 2010, 03:21:24 PM
I knew it was a joke; I was just making sure the new folks knew.   

Although on Lexington Green, before dawn, while waiting to see what happened, 70 riflemen DID walk into a bar...
[/quote

After firing a volley of course! :--- No loaded muskets in the bar area! **)
A firearm is only an instrument. It contains no evil, no conscience, and no ability. It is strictly the intent, competence, and character of its user that decide the outcome of any and all actions taken with it.

Pappy

Jungle George

That bar was a funny place to hang out it had entertainment value. Until you were the one that hit it then it wasn't so funny.

JG
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel.  Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined."  Patrick Henry ,1778

Reveille

Quote from: Pappy on August 11, 2010, 11:05:20 AM
ARE YOU GOING TO BE THERE ????????

It depends, how tall is that bar? **)

I am planning on being there with a helmet if necessary.  I already have enough lumps on this melon.  :D
Seriously though, I plan on making it a priority.   
A firearm is only an instrument. It contains no evil, no conscience, and no ability. It is strictly the intent, competence, and character of its user that decide the outcome of any and all actions taken with it.

M1D

"....with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."
Our first Congressmen

"It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated to the great task remaining before us....that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain-that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom-and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth."
A. Lincoln

"That's what we do.  We're Americans"
USN Corpsman

Bill 3

That bar and I are good friends.....  May as well been a magnet in my forehead.
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Samuel Clemens
"...that any man who yields up his liberty, in however slight the measure, is bound to become a slave." -- H.L. Mencken
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
"...we have the choice to pursue, in the course of our life, one of two sets of principles - either the principles of power and privilege or the principles of truth and justice. If you pursue truth and justice it will always mean a diminution of your power and privilege. If you pursue power and privilege it will always be at the expense of truth and justice."
The forum is but a blank slate that records what we type.  If it sucks, why is that?  Anyone have an extra mirror for people?