News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Tri-City Gun Club

Started by henschman, September 25, 2010, 07:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

henschman

This past Wednesday, I attended the directors' meeting for the Tri-City Gun Club.  Sean, who is a member of the club who attended the Chickasha shoot in August, got me on the agenda.  The officers all seemed positive toward the program, and very interested in setting up a shoot -- the President had actually heard of us, and was impressed with what he heard. 

They wanted me to come back later in October for their General Meeting and make a presentation to all of the membership, for them to vote on.  I think we should have no problem getting approved.  The only catch is that they have a pretty full schedule -- it is tough to find a whole weekend that nothing is scheduled.  They have 2 ranges, and always leave one open for members to shoot on.  Anyway, it looks like we might have to schedule it 6 months or more out, but I don't have any problems with that.  It will be a great location, with an air-conditioned clubhouse, indoor plumbing, and room for plenty of shooters on the line.

For those that don't know, TCGC is in Norman/Goldsby, just on the other side of the Canadian River from Norman proper.  It would be a great location for anybody in the Metro area.  It has an 80 yard range and a 200 yard range, so we could do some form of KD on Sunday.

Anyway, Sean said he could get some of us instructors into the range to inspect the facilities, and maybe do a little shooting.  I'm thinking about setting this up for next weekend.  Anybody interested in coming with? 
"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."
-- Thomas Jefferson to Isaac H. Tiffany, 1819

Scarecrow

I'm up for that.
My round count since boot camp is way low.

henschman

Good deal, Will.  Unfortunately, it seems that Sean is not going to be able to let us in the range this weekend, being that it is the OU-Texas game.

However, the TCGC General Meeting is this Friday, October 1, at 7:30 p.m. at the Legion Hall, 710 E. Main, Norman.  I'm planning on showing up a little early, grabbing a table, and setting out some materials (tri-folds, Swat and Dillon articles, targets, and flyers for the Banner and Afton shoots).  I will also be giving a little speech.  Anybody else want to join me at this event?
"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."

Scarecrow

I will pencil it in the calendar as tentative.
80 percent chance that I will be there.

henschman

OK, cool... it's nothing I can't handle by myself if you can't make it, but it might be good to have another person there to hand stuff out and talk to people.