News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Boy Scout Troop # 7

Started by ecoexplorer, August 01, 2010, 11:29:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ecoexplorer

O0 Hi everyone!! This is Mike Kerkado Scoutmaster of troop 7...just getting home from a GREAT appleseed!!!! This kids had a GREATTTTT time and we are sooo grateful to all the instructor (specially Mike and Steve) that were so patient with all of us...
we LEARNED stuff we had never heard of and we really look forward to comeback VERY soon with the girls and again with the boys...

Godspeed to all of you!!!!

MK

jmdavis

Mike,

I think that I can safely "thank you" for all of the instructors. We were happy to have Troop Seven and I look forward to seeing all of you in the future.

Mike
"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

hawkeye

I think your scouts did a great job at the shoot I was surprised that none made rifleman their first time out. By the fourth set of squares about four of them were shooting tight groups. I hope they can come out again, we will try to round up LTRs that are zeroed and ready to go. Hope to see you and your troop again. Steve
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

ecoexplorer

:--- thanks Mike and Steve...we are now preparing the Girls Venture Crew # 7 for the next Appleseed ( according to Lawrence it will be an Appleseed just for the girls???) I really hope to see you soon cause Im really motivated to GET THAT PATCH !!!!

Godspeed to all of you!!!!

Mike

jmdavis

Mike,

Fantastic, I look forward to seeing you again. I am certain that you WILL get that patch.

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."

MCKNBRD

Mike, I've left word with Larry about doing a basic familiarization with the 10/22s for the young ladies.  Let me know via PM when ya'll have it planned, and I'll bring my wife's pink 10/22 and a couple of others to help with the intro. 

Thanks for bringing the boys out and letting them experience things that few folks get to!

Byrdman
Its better to sweat in peace than bleed in war.

Guns and Ammo...between them, they get all the money my wife lets me have!

ecoexplorer

The girls are planning to be there 9/17-19...I really dont know if this would be a good date for all of you over there to do this... Lawrence told us that you all needed 1 month notice...to plan this...

please advice???

Mike

ecoexplorer

M' bird.. Im sorry but Im having problems to IM you...????

Fred

Mike, we'll have to find a qualified instructor to handle it that weekend. Unfortunately, it would usually be me who would 'fill in' when needed - but I already am committed that weekend.

If we can't elicit an instructor who's free that weekend to do this, we may have to go to "Plan B".
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

Lawrence

Mike,

I will come by the Wednesday evening Explorer meeting to speak with you directly regarding the details of the girl's event. Just as we did last time, we will have a rifle familiarization class at the church the week before the event.

First, we need to have approval from the range officials for the weekend we select and begin the process of rounding up the loaner rifles for the event. Once the date is confirmed, we will need a volunteer shoot boss and instructors for this dedicated Applesseed.

See you Wednesday. You or Amo can call me at home anytime.

Warm regards,
Lawrence

ecoexplorer

OK thanks you both!!!!

Lawrence...I thought you stayed away from computers????

just joking...

see you Wed. !!!!

MCKNBRD

Mike, just coordinate with Lawrence, and he can contact me if/when its needed.  I've still got the 4 LTRs ready, and might could have a couple more if it comes to crunch time, but I'll need a couple of week's notice, as I haven't built them yet, they're still at the store until I get the funds to bring them home.

Keep me posted!
Craig
Its better to sweat in peace than bleed in war.

Guns and Ammo...between them, they get all the money my wife lets me have!

ecoexplorer

HI Lawrence,

Mike Kerkado here...we just finished watching the Fox news report on Appleseed !!!!! We are so proud to be part of all this !!!!

please do let us know if there is any news on our trip???

please take care....

Mike

Lawrence

Mike K.,

Good news, Mike Davis has agreed to be our shoot boss for the Explorer girl's Appleseed on Saturday and Sunday September 25th and 26th at Ramseur. There was a conflict for the weekend of the 18th and 19th with both Mike and the range. I will come by your meeting this evening to verify the details and schedule an instruction meeting prior to the event.

We are proud that you are part of Appleseed!

See you tonight,

Lawrence

ecoexplorer

Hi Lawrence !!!!

Thanks for dropping by yesterday...I have numbers for you...we have aprox. 18 Crew members and and 4 adult leaders ready for the 24-26 Appleseed...
The girls are very excited about the fact that they will have the range for themselves!!!!
We would be needing the permit slips ASAP and we wait for you on the 22th for the safety course....

We are very grateful to you and Mike for putting time so the girls can learn this lost art...WE LOVE BEING PART OF APPLESEED!!!!

hope to hear from you soon

Mike & Margarita Kerkado

ecoexplorer

Can anyone in the forum assist me on how to get access to the pics??? some how Im unable to see them...

thanks...

ecoexplorer
(Mike K. )

jmdavis

ecoexplorer

HELLO ALL!!!!

I hoping all is well...I'm trying to reconnect with Mike, Lawrence,Steve etc...to plan for another special appleseed  for our Scouts an Ventures in Ramseur?????

please do let me know...

Mike (scoutmaster)
O0

Lawrence

Mike,

I'll send you a pm with my home phone number and we'll work out a date when ever you are ready. We look forward to hosting both the boy's and the girl's troops again!

Best regards,
Lawrence