News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Let's schedule more shoots!

Started by ndrifleman, July 28, 2010, 12:10:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ndrifleman

As your new state coordinator, it's time to get the ball rolling and get some more shoots on the schedule.  I contacted the Minot Rifle and Pistol Club, but have yet to hear back.  I also am in contact with several other people who expressed a possible interest in hosting shoots.  But I need your help, too!

Send me a PM if you want help getting an AS set up.  Let's shoulder our responsibilites and act worthy of the men who sacrificed so much to establish this great nation.

Sola Deo Gloria.
"Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a two edged sword in their hand. " Psalm 149:6

"The glorious inheritance which our fathers left us we must never betray.We must seize the torch from their hands, and transmit it with increasing brightness to distant generations." James Thornwell

Whisker

Hope your Minot option goes through.  I found there will be a gun show on Sept 25-26 in Strasburg.   Consider a table, even if to just get the name out. 

NORTH DAKOTA -- Dakota Territory Gun Collectors Association at the Bismarck Civic Center, Bismark, ND. Contact Roger Krumm (701) 336-7533, P.O. Box 158, Strasburg, ND 58573.
What brings together men liberated from local and national limitations is also what keeps them apart. What pushes for greater rationality is also what nourishes the irrationality of hierarchical exploitation and repression.  What creates society's abstract power also creates its concrete unfreedom.

ndrifleman

The Minot range would be really cool because not only to they have KD capability, but they have an indoor 25yd range that could be used in the winter.  Thanks for the heads up on the gun show.
"Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a two edged sword in their hand. " Psalm 149:6

"The glorious inheritance which our fathers left us we must never betray.We must seize the torch from their hands, and transmit it with increasing brightness to distant generations." James Thornwell

AFTERMATH

Good idea!  Get 'em in there quick!

Just had quite a few border raiders from the Fargo area, come down to Elk River.
By the way; you all have one more Rifleman!

Welcome Matt to the ranks!  I'm sure he'll be checking in soon!
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

ndrifleman

Congratulations, Matt!  Now if you could help me get a shoot set up in the Fargo area, that would be awesome, because we would probably have the best attendance rates of anywhere in the state.

thrash

Matt the new Rifleman checkin in..

The most likely spot in Fargo is probably Adventure Shooting Sports, in Horace.  It's about 10 minutes southwest of Fargo.

http://www.advshoot.com/shooting.html

All of us Fargo folks have shot there before pretty frequently, and my impression is that they're interested in doing more  event hosting.

Mr_C, one of our other ND Rough Riders, and the primary organizer of our caravan down to the Elk River AS, has already been out there taking measurements, to see how wide of a firing line we could setup.  He's working on contacting the owner and has the AS paperwork downloaded.

My thoughts would be to get an AS shoot going in Fargo ASAP, and then something more centrally located as soon as that seems feasible.  I'm not familiar with the Bismarck area, but I've got some friends in the far west end of the state that I'd love to get over to an AS shoot, and something centrally located (ideally, right between Bismarck and Minot) would be geographically ideal.

One thing to consider is that some of the best potential rifleman in this state are busy during hunting season and busy during "farming season".  Choosing the time of our non-Fargo event(s) might benefit from some input regarding when we'll be able to distract folks from field work for a weekend.  As I'm not a farmer myself, I don't have any expertise to offer on the topic of ideal timing. 

Anyone have any advice on when a good time to do a central-ND shoot would be?  Anyone aware of other ranges in the Bismarck/Minot area?

AFTERMATH

The Adventure Shooting Sports venue looks to be an excellent venue.
Perhaps you or Mr_C, while working out the details for setting it up, ask if you can put out some brochures in advance/anticipation.
Shoot for a date that's clear in MN, and I'm sure we can muster up some support!
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

sparks1

An Appleseed around Fargo??? Heck, I could be tempted to help instruct. Only 3.5 hrs from my house! Fargo residents would not have to go all the way to Elk River. ^:)^
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

ndrifleman

By next month I should have an AS or two set up at the Minot Rifle and Pistol Club (including an indoor shoot mid-winter).  We held another AS in 2009 down southeast of Bismarck in Steele in early October that went well, and the hosts have expressed an interest in hosting another shoot at some point although not this year. 

Thrash, if you and Mr_C can keep me updated as to what you find out we'll get it on the schedule as soon as possible.   Once the host paperwork is filled out we should be set to go.  Vmt193 and Sven have already been in touch with me about the Adventure Shooting Sports location, so we'll help keep on top of it.

All dates are open for us ND instructors.

I'll check back in later.

Mr_C

Mr_C checking in to this thread. I think we have the ball rolling in Fargo. The range owner is very interested in hosting appleseed events, and I know there are a lot of people in the area that would love to participate in something like this. Will keep the group up to date as things happen (I think currently the ball is in NDRifleman's court). Can't wait to see more events in the area!

Mr_C
Mr_C

-----------------------------------------------------------------
"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."
   -John Adams quotes (American 2nd US President (1797-1801), 1735-1826)

ndrifleman