News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

>223 bullet drop

Started by Livefreeusa, July 21, 2010, 10:37:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Livefreeusa

Hey fellow Americans,

When I was shooting the AS at Manheim Pa,... We shot at the regular distance of  25 meters or 82 feet.  At 100 meters I was about 5 inches low, And Our shoot boss Frank told us the bullet drop (I think all the way out to 500) But I of course forgot. ++)     BTW I'm shooting .223 55gr could you all give me a rough estimate  for that range again.

Thank you all
LIVEFREEUSA    :bow:
If there must be trouble  let it be in my day  so my child can live in peace

esaabye

Odd, if zeroed at 25 I would expect you to be 1 - 1.5 inches high at 100 and just about right at 250 or so.

Here is a chart
http://www.shootingtimes.com/ballistics/223_remington.html

This is a good method for zeroing an AR for general use (not for xring type shooting)
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=328143

HPT

To be ignorant of what happened before you were born... is to live the life of a child for ever.
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Ashes

Livefreeusa

Whoops!! I meant High.... I was aiming low  #) But still about five inches. I got to look at all the links you all gave me . THANKS I'll get back to you after I get my head checked :wb:

Livefreeusa

Oh well that's what I was looking for.... When I re-read my org. post today I caught what I said real quick and I knew some one would call me out on it.  Yes I was Aiming low hitting high. All the info was great, again thank you
:bow:
Livefreeusa

Livefreeusa

You know it's a funny thing... I shot all my life, really, since I was 4 or 5. We were all meat hunters and didn't miss much.  My Pop would take me huntin (sic) and the rule was you shoot it you eat it.  Boy I miss those days. But I guess what I'm getting at is 37 years later and I'm still learning  (that makes me 42)  how to shoot!  The folks at Appleseed taught me MORE then I ever knew.  And back to my AR... I had more than one for 15 years or so... yea I could hit at 100.... But now I SEE.  ANYBODY could and should be able to hit at 100.  The kill zone on an animal is quite large at 100... I was ALWAYS aiming  large.     A.S. turned that around on me now I aim small, and now as the movie line goes I miss small now too.  :---
In May I earned my RIFEMAN patch and cleaned the red coat target ( hit all of the targets even the head shot) on Sunday, All with the expert help of  the instructors at A.S.   I knew I could count on you all for a simple bullet drop scale and you came through.  Thanks

Livefreeusa