News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR; Calverton, NY

Started by sgtrock, June 28, 2010, 08:42:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sgtrock

Calverton, NY

First of all,, I would like to a Give a Big Thank You to VietVet and His Wife Ann for housing us for this shoot, it was Above and Beyond the Call of Duty,
      And especially for helping me get my truck fixed so I could get back home,,, I could not have done that as seamlessly as you did,, Thank You So So Much and for housing me another day,,
    Your Hospitality Is Outstanding

If anybody wants to go to a dedicated place, Calverton is it!!!
    Dedicated,,, I mean, the people are of tough stock on Long Island,, It was HOT and HUMID,,, But they most persevered, Plenty of water and ammo was consumed,,,
    As a result, We Have a New Orange Hat Accepted by Art who shot a 219 a 2nd time Appleseeder
    And Three New Riflemen amongst us
    The first was Josh 16yrs old on Saturday with a 210 and some refreshing North Bridge water,
    Then on Sunday late in the day came Brian 213
    And John with a 211
    An Absolutely Outstanding Job by these Fine Americans,,, They all in fact Know, Very Well, What They Are About,,, Again Outstanding Job,,,
    I would like like Thank All of the Instructors that came out for this event,
    kDan, VietVet, Josey Wales, Bravo Juliet Mike, Hugh, ChrisO,,, Your presence made this shoot a success no doubt!!
    Thanks also must go to Harry, for the use of the range..
    Getting thru New York City is a piece of cake guys, don't let that stop you from going to the Island for a Rewarding time with some great people that Love this Country Dearly,,,   and are  fighting hard to keep it in an area where they are really out numbered,, the more we Appleseed on the Island the more stronger we all become,,,

I will add to this later, must get some sleep,,,  If anybody could add the pictures that were taken, I would greatly appreciate it,,, for my camera was disabled..

And Thanks Again Everybody

sgtrock

VietVet

Another GREAT Shoot we had here at Calverton. They all seem to be special in their own way. As sgtrock said it was HOT. Close to having a shoot in the "Devils Home".
It truly was impressive how the Shooters hung in there. As hot as it was it didn't stop them. They never even thought of walking off the line. They hung in there until the very end.

Congrats to Josh, Brian & John for making the score and now are our newest Rifleman.  
Art is our newest Orange Hat from Calverton. We seem to be giving out those Orange Hats at every event held there.
Well done men.
I can't say enough about the Ladies that attended. You Gals hung in there also.
My Orange Hat is off to you all.

The instructor crew, well is PERFECTION the proper word to use here? I think so.

kDan- always seems to make every shoot I've ever seen him at special.
sgtrock- well anyone that is willing to travel 250 miles (each way) to lend a helping hand deserves special recognition. Thanks Stoner. By the way that Green Hat looks fine on you. Very well deserved.
Josey Wales - (Nick) always there to help out, always there when you need him. Great job JW.
Hugh -who boarder raided from NJ also showed his dedication to the cause.
Bravo Juliet Mike -(Brad as we know him) always a pleasure to serve with.
ChrisO -another that is making the Calverton team a NY dynasty, if not an AS dynasty.

And Guys, remember my home is your home when helping out at this range. Anyone that has done a Shoot at Calverton knows that range is BRUTAL.
Hopefully I can get my pool opened for the July Shoot. We'll pop up that tent again and enjoy just sitting around talking Appleseed.

PRICELESS!!!
                                    OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

bravo juliet mike

What can I say that hasn't been said? This was another fine event with awesome instructors and attendees. Yeah, the heat was brutal but we adapted and overcame. We produced three new riflemen (and one repeat performance) and had some very dangerous cooks in the 190s and 200s that are knocking on the door. I liked the smaller size of this shoot as I got to really engage with the shooters. It's very satisfying to be able to pass on knowledge and then see scores rise as it's being applied.

Rich, if you need a hand opening that pool before the next shoot you have my number.

I'm looking forward to seeing you guys again in July.

Hugh

A great weekend with the Long Island Appleseeders. Yeah, I guess it was a little warm but, being around such Cool people, I hardly noticed.
As my first shoot as a orange hat I was a little nervous, but the Shooters and the Instructors made me feel like I was at a family picnic. Awesome!
I look forward to getting back to Calverton NY real soon.

A special thanks to VietVet for your most generous hospitality.

SgtRock, kDan, VietVet, Josey Wales, Bravo Juliet Mike, ChrisO......Thank you all.

PS
I will post pictures as soon I can figure out how to get them off the camera.

bravo juliet mike

Here's the only picture that I took. Green is your color Stoner.

ChrisO

As everyone has already stated, it was an awesome shoot with some brutal weather. It was a real pleasure working with everyone! I had a great time as always and am looking forward to seeing some pictures from the event!

whitedog

sgtrock,  Thank you for telling me about Appleseed.  I registered under whitedog, and exlored the site.  Great stuff!
Sue

VietVet

Quote from: whitedog on July 05, 2010, 05:22:08 PM
sgtrock,  Thank you for telling me about Appleseed.  I registered under whitedog, and exlored the site.  Great stuff!
Sue

whitedog (Sue)...Glad to see you made it to the forum. Lots of good info and good people here. Have you recovered yet?
Rich.
                                    OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

sgtrock

Quote from: whitedog on July 05, 2010, 05:22:08 PM
sgtrock,  Thank you for telling me about Appleseed.  I registered under whitedog, and exlored the site.  Great stuff!
Sue
QuoteSue, Welcome to Project Appleseed,, hope to see you at a shoot one of these days,,,, sgtrock

Saahf

June 26-27 was my first experience with shooting a rifle.  I was pleased with the course, how much I learned about shooting and our nations history.  Except for the weather being very hot, I had a great time, (though my elbows and muscles might disagree).  Looking forward to possibly taking another appleseed this fall.  Great Job SgtRock.  Saahf  (Susan)