News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Dundee, MI July 3-4, 2010

Started by Gopher Boy, July 05, 2010, 07:59:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gopher Boy

What a great shoot and a great way to get Southeastern Michigan Started with Appleseed.

I have so much I want to write, but after dropping Buttstock off last night.  I headed home to try and catch two little league games today.  After Driving through the night I arrived at the field an hour before my little player.  This gave me just enough time for a cat nap.

So Now I'm home and trying to unpack, but my body is screaming, "SLEEP".

So I'll get it started, followed by some sleep, then I'll post more.

G.B.

BTW...  They won both game and the whole tourney!  Congrats MJ

koolman68

It was an excellent shoot in my opinion and the breaks in the air conditioned clubhouse was a life saver for refreshing the shooters. We were fortunate to meet some great people and enjoyed my first time instructing. Thanks to all the instructors, shooters and Dundee Sportsmans club.  O0

Norman D. Landing

Were there any photos taken at the Dundee shoot on the 4th?  Like to see them if there were.

BeeFree

I think Buttstock had a camera, tho' I don't know if he used it.  And maybe either Koolman and/or Billwinkle's wive(s) did, too?
Hope everyone is perking back up from the heat - I was quite wilted when I got home, but I am back to waving my bayonet to emphasize the point to everyone now!

BeeFree
Make Orwell Fiction Again!

Lisa

ITB

Great shoot everyone!  I was wiped out - by 7 PM I was out cold in the A/C.

I think we had a great group of shooters, and Koolman and Billwinkle will be fine additions to the Appleseed Instructor Corps. 

I'll be out of pocket for the next few weeks, but I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again 8/7-8/8 at the same place. 

Any chance of getting Plank Road fixed up a bit before the next shoot?  I think I lost some parts off my truck back there.

"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

CF KD requal - Muenster, TX  11/25/23

posterboy

Ah  plank road.....Pure Michigan

was great to meet everyone and share our history on such a special day as the 4th. Sorry I could only come 1 day. Please come down to G'burg in two weeks or august, sept and Oct. ! free camping ,mosquitoes and 500 yrds ! I'd be thrilled to host you in Ohio. Keep at it and dry fire ! and DON'T forget how to adjust your NPOA...lol

pb

Miki

A gianormous thank you to all the shooters who not only persisted through the heat but did it with a good teachable attitude. You guys and gals amazed me!

I'm starting to think it wouldn't be an Appleseed in Michigan if it wasn't 33 degrees, sometimes Celsius, sometimes Fahrenheit.

Bill Winkle

What an honor and privilege to share our Nation's birthday with such an amazing group!

To everyone involved, a heart-felt thank you. The dedication you showed to participate in the practice of Liberty on such a hot day is a testament to your Patriotism.

To the students, wow! you are amazing. I could not have asked for a better group for my first time. You went easy on me and I thank you.

To the instructors, thank you for welcoming me in. I will do my best. And a big thanks to our fearless SB. Thanks for seeing something in me that I didn't see myself. I truly received much more than I could have ever imagined by giving so freely.

w.w
BillWinkle
....Bill Winkle....

Barbara

Thanks for your hard work at the event. Had a good time and lots to practice now.

Johnnyappleseed

Great job GBoy + other instructors  O0    OOPs need to find a dictionary for Miki's post  :o Your students are lucky to have you Miki O0
JA
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge