News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

How about working on getting a few more events in Northern/Central Utah...

Started by One-of-Three, May 27, 2009, 10:46:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

One-of-Three

This year so far we've had two appleseed events in Utah both of which I have attended and had a very good time and have learned quite a bit.   I am 7 points shy of getting my rifleman and now that I have burned up that garbage wolf ammo I think I might just be ready to hit that golden 210+ score.    I know we have another event in Kaysville scheduled in Sept but was wondering if we could get organized enough to have a few more (maybe mini so it doesn't cost quite so much) events around.

I have been working a few contacts in the Provo and Hobble Creek area to see if we can get some interest and I have a bunch of folks that would be interested in attending a shoot if we can get one going.

Anyone else working on any possibilities?

Andy  -  Provo   :~
alias   One-of-Three

risky buisness

Hi Andy, (AKA 1 of 3) it sure seems like a good idea to me, the basic problem that exists is that of instructors, I've instructed several times at Utah locations and met a great bunch of folks, weve had to send IIts from Wyoming and Shoot bosses from Arizona to make it happen and frankly with the population density of Utah it seems that we should have regular herds of IITs and instructors from there. Tell ya what I will do, some one in Utah find a place and set us up for a weeks worth of range time and I will come down there and we will do a  boot camp for ya, untill then I strongly suggest that while time is still avaliable, that you( now there's 3 choices here) schedule your self for Kemmerer Wyo Boot Camp, Kemmerer Wyo IBC, or either of the 2 remaning Appleseeds were having here. I would love nothing more than to see Utahs orgizanation jump up and get rolling, and I salute the hard working folks who have stepped up so far, but the bottom line is: to hold events we have to have qualified instructors nearby, so what do you think Utah ?
Risky Buisness, Rifleman and worlds fastest single shot M1 Garand operator

lccmonkey

Yes we need people to step up and become instructors.

Any takers??
From my cold dead hands.

One-of-Three

Time is my biggest constraint at this point but I am going to work as many friends as I can to get them interested in participating in whatever events we can get locally.   I can at least help get the word out in Utah County.

lccmonkey

Rather than orginize another event we should promote the events that are on the calander.

From my cold dead hands.

Burnt Patch

Quote from: lccmonkey on May 31, 2009, 10:44:24 PM
    Yes we need people to step up and become instructors.

Any takers??

I'm now on-board.  (IIT2)

And am signed up for the event at the end of June.
---------------------
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man,
and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds,
the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."
--Mark Twain
---------------------

Burnt Patch

Quote from: One-of-Three on May 27, 2009, 10:46:20 PM
I have been working a few contacts in the Provo and Hobble Creek area to see if we can get some interest and I have a bunch of folks that would be interested in attending a shoot if we can get one going.

Anyone else working on any possibilities?

Andy  -  Provo   :~
alias   One-of-Three

I am living up in Cache Valley.  Am brand new, and haven't really started to do much promotion here... yet.  What methods and materials are you folks using to do promos?

Also, if you do get enough interest to do an event down in the Provo area, I could probably help out... with a bit of notice.

Rob (aka Burnt Patch)
---------------------
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man,
and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds,
the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."
--Mark Twain
---------------------

Two-of-Three

Slowly building.  (Darn that time monkey!)

The June shoot in Kaysville was OK, but we need more shooters so we can generate more IITs, so we can get some full instructors, so ... well, you get the idea.

We had a lot of help this last weekend -- a whole family of IITs from Vegas.

Two-of-Three
(Trent, Utah county)
... one bullet at a time.