News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

(Slightly OT) Savage Arms Day at PCGC

Started by MacMcM, July 01, 2010, 10:31:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacMcM

Savage Arms will be at PCGC with demo rifles from their whole line on July 10th, 2010 10A-4P

Savage is supplying all firearms and ammo for us to come try out some different calibers and rifles.

This event is free and open to the public. If you are in the area and not shooting AS, stop by and shoot
their stuff out to 300yds.

I will be there to show off the area for the new Liberty Range also.

Mac McMillian
PCGC President
304-549-4310
" 'Cuz truly, at the end of the day - the piece of cloth means nothing.  It's who is standing beside you." West
"If I thought even for a second that it was impossible I would be doing other things." GopherBoy

Chrome

If I weren't getting married that day, I'd be down to give it a look see.

Later,
Chrome...
Montani Semper Liberi

MacMcM

Well, That is understandable...Hope the betterhalf will be gun-tolerant! Mine sure is... she came into my life scared of guns, and now owns 12 of her own!

Enjoy!

Mac
" 'Cuz truly, at the end of the day - the piece of cloth means nothing.  It's who is standing beside you." West
"If I thought even for a second that it was impossible I would be doing other things." GopherBoy

Spanner

Brickhouse  !@#)  and I   #)  will be there at some point during the day.  Looking forward to it! 

" Decision-making is the supreme manifestation of human dignity. "  -Jouvenel

Ratchett

Chrome,
Best wishes & prayers for blessings from Above to you and soon to be bride!

Mac
Good Lord willing I will be there, sounds like a fun day.

In His Grip,
Ratchett
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

Old Dog

Quote from: Chrome on July 01, 2010, 11:27:48 AM
If I weren't getting married that day, I'd be down to give it a look see.

Later,
Chrome...

Sorry, had to laugh when I read this.  I didn't go shooting on my wedding day either, but me and my best man spent the morning hitting a couple of the local gun stores so see what they had.  Having gotten married himself a couple of years before he couldn't believe I was out running around looking at rifles vs. sitting at the house worrying about how things were going to go that afternoon/night.

Ahhh, the good old days (when I was young and stout as an ox).
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

MacMcM

I bet the President of PCGC would allow an AS banner to be put up at the Range on July 10th... and some flyers to be spread around.... if he had some that is...

He does have some he printed, but he is running low on ink!..

Mac

siglite

Quote from: MacMcM on July 07, 2010, 02:26:24 PM
I bet the President of PCGC would allow an AS banner to be put up at the Range on July 10th... and some flyers to be spread around.... if he had some that is...

He does have some he printed, but he is running low on ink!..

Mac

See, the WVCDL is going to be there with fliers and such.  I'm betting, that any of you coming down from the north could probably stop by The Machine's place and pick up the banner and whatever other promo materials he has.  Otherwise, I'll put together what glossy fliers I have remaining from my shoot box and bring 'em down.  But someone would have to staff the AS table, I'm prior-committed to staffing the WVCDL table.  Prior by, oh, 16 hours or so.
--

Keith Morgan
President, West Virginia Citizen's Defense League
http://www.wvcdl.org
http://forums.wvcdl.org
Proud member of West Virginia's first "All Rifleman" family.

MacMcM

Staphing is no problem... I'll be there ^:)^

Ratchett

2 Banners and a fresh supply of flyers here. Will bring Saturday morning if that is early enough.

Ratchett
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

MacMcM

Quote from: Nurse Ratchett on July 07, 2010, 04:17:38 PM
2 Banners and a fresh supply of flyers here. Will bring Saturday morning if that is early enough.

Ratchett

Tanfastic!

Mac

The Machine

Quote2 Banners
Which one's are they Ratchett? Do you have any of the new tri-fold brochures which were just released?
"I proudly support limited government and unlimited common sense"

"One of the great advantages of the American Revolution has been, that it led to a discovery of the principles, and laid open the imposition, of governments." - Thomas Paine 1792

"It does not take many words to speak the truth"

Ratchett

The blue one V has and the one from Ill with the minuteman. I do not have the Uncle Sam one. If snail mail goes well I should have some of the new national tri-folds by Friday. Otherwise I have the old national ones and some tri-folds that Josey Wales designed.

IHG,
Ratchett

The Machine

Quote from: Nurse Ratchett on July 07, 2010, 07:47:44 PM
The blue one V has and the one from Ill with the minuteman. I do not have the Uncle Sam one. If snail mail goes well I should have some of the new national tri-folds by Friday. Otherwise I have the old national ones and some tri-folds that Josey Wales designed.

IHG,
Ratchett
OK thanks...I have 'Uncle Sam' and the new tri-folds on hand, if needed, and a head-full of ideas.  ;)  Mac, since you cracked the door open on this one, are there specific guidelines we need to follow? BTW, thanks for bringing this opportunity to our attention.

"One of the great advantages of the American Revolution has been, that it led to a discovery of the principles, and laid open the imposition, of governments." - Thomas Paine 1792

MacMcM

No problems at PCGC... I write the guidelines!

I will be there all day, and help out with booth etc.. I am bringing a 10X10 popup cover and table (BYO Chair)

I welcome you all to any of our functions, and need your input on the new Liberty Range at PCGC.
It will be 50M long by 100 feet wide, with parking behind the50M line. This new range will be primarily for AS shoots, AQT matches and overflow from pistol range when Smallbore types have it in use.

Mac

Ratchett

Hey Mac and Machine,

If you want to get more involved with booth this time---we can always do a laser rifle NPOA type demo and prizes for kids who learn the 4 safety rules and what constitutes a safe rifle. I do not know what the populace at the show will be like but these are some ideas.

Ratchett

PS-- Prizes are like sticker badges or small flag  that type of thing.

siglite

Quote from: MacMcM on July 08, 2010, 12:34:33 PM

I will be there all day, and help out with booth etc.. I am bringing a 10X10 popup cover and table (BYO Chair)

I welcome you all to any of our functions, and need your input on the new Liberty Range at PCGC.
It will be 50M long by 100 feet wide, with parking behind the50M line. This new range will be primarily for AS shoots, AQT matches and overflow from pistol range when Smallbore types have it in use.

Mac

I just want to point out something here.  It's in bold above.  I just want everyone to understand what Mac has done here.  He has constructed (like, with heavy equipment and its requisite operators) a range primarily for Appleseed use at this excellent club. 

I consider this ... highly significant.
--

Keith Morgan

MacMcM

If you want to get more involved with booth this time---we can always do a laser rifle NPOA type demo and prizes for kids who learn the 4 safety rules and what constitutes a safe rifle. I do not know what the populace at the show will be like but these are some ideas.

Ratchett

Ratchett,

This is primarily a Savage Demo day, so I would like to keep this event down to an info booth for AS so as not to steal too much thunder from the primary guest. I expect mostly adults for this one.

However, In September (15th) we have the PCGC youth shooting day which brings out 300-400 kids.
I will talk to the organizer of that event and see if AS can come there as well...
Mac

Ratchett

Mac,

Sounds like a plan!! I wasn' t sure about the other for this weekend either, just wanted to let you know what options were out there :)

See ya Saturday morning.

In His Grip,
Ratchett

vanrichten

Quote from: siglite on July 08, 2010, 02:02:31 PM

Mac

I just want to point out something here.  It's in bold above.  I just want everyone to understand what Mac has done here.  He has constructed (like, with heavy equipment and its requisite operators) a range primarily for Appleseed use at this excellent club. 

I was out there this evening with siglite and highly significant is an understatement.  That is going to be a truly fantastic range and I cannot wait to run a shoot there!   ..:..
An armed and informed law-abiding citizenry is the best defense against an unjust government and the criminal element created by irresponsible societal benevolence and activist judges. - Lt. Col. Allen West

Spanner

Quote from: siglite on July 08, 2010, 02:02:31 PM

Mac

PCGC  ^:)^ is strategically located halfway between the Home Range in Ramseur  &) and the Great Lakes Region  :~.

Sounds like a great place to cross-pollinate.   @)

MacMcM

I was able to clean off a spot on my workbench (diningroom table) and drill and tap my 1022 receiver for trigger group-centering setscrews. Now that's the ticket! Easy and the innards don't wiggle around anymore....

Will Shoot it tomorrow wink wink

Anybody have any firehose layin around? Methinks that would be perfect to nail down to mark our firingline on the new range. Paint it white every year or 2..

Mac

Ratchett

Mac,

Just wanted to say THANK YOU for an enjoyable day of burning some gun powder!!! My son and I really did have a fantastic time and it was great to meet some of the West Virginia crew. You really did a great job getting SA to the club. First one nation wide---always knew Mountaineers were special---hehehe. Also, a big thanks to Savage Arms and reps for the rifle set-ups and ammo.
If you didn' t get the opportunity to make it out to PCGC today, you really did miss a good time-----hmmm only thing better an APPLESEED at PCGC O0

SHOOTERS--sign up now for the August Appleseed. It is a beautiful range nestled in the West Virginia hills, something PCGC can be very proud. Do not hesitate, get those registration forms in soon so you will not be put on a wait list.

See you in August, til once again we meet on the trail...
In His Grip,
Ratchett

vanrichten

I would like to extend many thanks to Savage Arms for the donation of a clear stock for use with position and NPOA demonstrations.  I have added a green laser for the NPOA demos.  Good stuff and I cannot wait to use it at the Appleseed at PCGC!
An armed and informed law-abiding citizenry is the best defense against an unjust government and the criminal element created by irresponsible societal benevolence and activist judges. - Lt. Col. Allen West

MacMcM

So glad to meet Ratchett, Spanner, VanRichten, etal. Thank you all for coming!
See all of you in August... I CAN'T wait!

Mac

The Machine

Thanks for the update; sounds like it was a fun and productive time. I was really looking forward to meeting Mac and Ratchett, along with seeing the other WV AS "family", but "doctor's orders" has me on home confinement right now.  :(

siglite

Quote from: The Machine on July 10, 2010, 09:56:48 PM
Thanks for the update; sounds like it was a fun and productive time. I was really looking forward to meeting Mac and Ratchett, along with seeing the other WV AS "family", but "doctor's orders" has me on home confinement right now.  :(

Ratchett, Mac, vanrichten, and NC-17 all contributed to a lot of "spreading the word" today.  I'll be astonished if we don't sell out the PCGC shoot based on today's activity alone.

Excellent 7th stepping, all around folks.   ..:..

Edit:  We need to keep in touch with that Savage rep.  I think we can get Savage interested in Appleseed.  I mean, he GAVE us a stock to use as a demo for NPOA etc....

--

Keith Morgan

Ratchett

Machine,

That is a bummer, sorry to hear! Will keep you in prayers. Get healthy brother we will meet on the trail yet! Til then...
In His Grip,
Ratchett

MacMcM

Machine,
Get well, there will be more events to come.
7% of the turnout at a dealer event on a moments
notice were AS workers. Now that is something AS can be VERY proud of!!
I have no doubt this innaugral event will sell out, I also am certain the Instructor corps will deliver exemplary training. PCGC is going to be a good partner in years to come winning back America one Rifleman at a time.
Mac

Spanner

Wow.  Nice club!  That Liberty Range is sweet!   :o  Even has extra shade provided by environmentally friendly nap-inducing black walnut leave-tree-thingy. 

Many thanks to Nurse Ratchett and her son for manning an AS table.   O0

The Savage Arms guys were great.

Lots of Appleseed shirts worn.

Good to meet you, Mac.  Thanks for everything.  See you on the trail!   :---