News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Knob Creek KY June 26-27/2010

Started by Mudcat, June 26, 2010, 10:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudcat

Man another hot one but we had a full house come out today to take in the heritage and marksmanship lesson. We were a little slow on getting going this am due to some uncontrollable things. But once we got rolling it was great. Lots of youth, lots of energy, lots of enthusiasm, lots of bullets going down range, lots of water drank
Here are a few pics with more info and pics to follow.
Here is the line going up after having to mow the range, Thanks LUke.
[/img]

And away we go, finally.
[/img]

How about a little second Strike.
[/img]

We finally got KYjam to do 3rd strike, and a great job she did.
[/img]

Did I say it was hot out?
More pics to follow.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

kentuckyjam

Hot...hmmmm.  An understatement.

Thank you to everyone that came out.  It was great to see so many returning and so many new patriots!  Thank you to the scouts, their parents and those of you brought friends and family out to share the experience of Appleseed.  Way to 7th step!

Thanks to Indiana instructors.  It's always good to work with Mudcat's crew.  And TBE, you acclimated just fine to Ky, even with the northern voice.  O0

Congratulations, Dave on your Rifleman.  222 twice!  WOW!  And sincerest thanks for your service.

I'm attaching some pics from Sunday. 
Liberty will not persist without personal responsibility.

kentuckyjam

Attaching...

kentuckyjam

More...

EEL

Is that grass on the lower range???  How the heck did that get there?  Usually all I ever see is mud  :P  Looks like a great shoot at KCR  O0  Glad to see things rolling along in KY. 

Mudcat, you da man!! :bow:

EEL
Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

Mudcat

Well 29 shooters braved the heat to come out and learn some marksmanship and American Heritage on this sunny Saturday in June at Knob Creek Range. Lots of families and young patriots learning the foundational skills needed to become a Rifleman. Lots and lots of water was consumed and still we had some heat issues. But a little time in the shade and a few bottles of water and they were back at it again. We had several knocking on the door but no Riflemen on saturday. But we did awaken some spirits I think.

Sunday brought a smaller crowd, we only had 9 brave shooters on sunday. But a hardy bunch they were. First we had the voluntary sunday morning devotional that KYjam does so great. Then a review of the safe rifle, safety rules and line commands.We started off with Natalee clearing her redcoat target and Paulette being ever so close. Then we went right into the review since we had no new shooters.
Here is KYjam doing the 6 steps of firing the shot.

Here is XDman giving a little one on one time with Noah. Who improved so much on sunday. It is amazing what a little time spent with a junior shooter will produce.

Here is Rhett shooting his M1akeeping the right side of the line awake.

Ruth showing us how it is done standing.

Here is Dave sitting without a sling.

Now Paulette shooting like a girl, love the shirt by the way. She was shooting 202 and 205 but a scope failure on the last AQT probably kept her from getting a patch today but I know she will be back again.

Natalee standing she cleared the first redcoat on sunday but struggled with doing the mag changes left handed. She too will be back to claim her Rifleman's patch.

Ruth doing her sitting yes she shoots good like that. Me I cannot even get down that low. Another lady that will be back for the Rifleman patch.

There were more pics taken and hopefully Kyjam will post some too. We made 1 Rifleman on sunday Dave he shot a 222 without a sling and a 222 the first time he used a sling back to back. Great job! Several more were close Rich and Clark were making great progress and I see a Rifleman in their eyes as well. A great weekend even though it was smoking hot.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

TBE

What a great shoot! 

I was thoroughly impressed by the quality of the shooters and the instructors.  I was honored to be able to spend my weekend with you folks. 

One of the unexpected things that I am getting from Appleseed is hope for the future of our nation.  I never really realized how many well grounded patriots we have in this country.  Every seed I go to I find more and more.  I cannot express how much that is worth to me.   

I was especially impressed with our young shooters.  We had some real heat and rifle marksmanship is not easy under perfect conditions.  These young shooters showed excellent attitudes and marksmanship skills.   I applaud the parents of the those young shooters and i thank them for doing such a great job raising their children.  Good job parents!

Thanks also to the instructor staff for holding my hand through my first AS as an instructor.  You folks are all top notch and I look forward to working with and learning from you again soon. 

See you on the trail,
TBE
Let us therefore animate and encourage each other, and shew the whole world, that a Freeman contending for Liberty on his own ground is superior to any slavish mercenary on earth.  General Washington, July 2, 1776

RedNekEngr

Great observation EEL.  I didn't recognize the range with grass on it either. ::)  When I was there last, you needed either a monster truck or a pontoon to get to the backer boards.

Great job Mudcat.  You are such an asset to the fine people of KY.  Keep up the good work.  I'm still trying to get you a sight in the Lake Cumberland area.  I'll let you know if it developes.

RNE
"If we did all the things that we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves." - Thomas Edison
"No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is as formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women."- Ronald Reagan

kentuckyjam

Here are pics from TBE.

bullseye

Thanks to all instructors
We really appreciate the time you spend teaching/instructing
We had a great time
This was Jarod"s first appleseed
His comment  (that was awesome )
This was Jacobs 3rd shoot , first time using the Rifle he won in April, He will be back and wants to bring friends
My first time attending both days, would highly recommend to all
I will be bring my wife to next Shoot in Sept
Thanks again
Bullseye

aka
Rich

kentuckyjam

Way to 7th step!  Look forward to meeting your wife and glad Jarod had a good time! ^:)^

TNLadyPrepper

Can hardly begin to express what a fantastic weekend I had with everyone at Knob Creek!  Thanks so much to all the instructors who gave way more than 100% to make sure we learned what we needed to know this weekend and for toughing it out with us in the heat and humidity.  Can't believe I danced all around that magic 210 number - but I'll definitely be back again to get that patch and eventually get started toward becoming an instructor!

Here's my blog post on the TN Prepper's Network page about the weekend:

http://www.tennesseepreppersnetwork.com/2010/06/appleseed-weekend-wrap-up.html

See you all again soon!

kentuckyjam

Wow, TNLP, what a blog post!  In your first weekend at Appleseed you picked up on every aspect of it.  It's about families, buddies, youth, beginners, experienced, you name it.  It's about the heritage, the skills, and the perseverence.  I hope I'll be the one handing over your patch.  ;)  I'm going to use your link some other places if that's alright.  Thank you for the great testimony on Appleseed!  ..:..

Mudcat

TNLadyPrepper, great blog post I believe you got the message. I am really glad your family had a good time with us doing what we love to do. I enjoyed watching your intensity grow as you got closer and closer. I know you will make that 210 and beyond soon without much difficulty.

It will be a pleasure to have you and your family back on the line again and behind the line as well.
Welcome to the Appleseed family!

Mudcat
--George Washington

TNLadyPrepper

Thanks again to everyone - my daughter is anxious to come back and try again too when the weather is just a bit cooler - the heat really got to her on Saturday.  I'm taking her to the range today for a little one on one and she's excited!  So hopefully she'll be with us again this fall!

TruTenacity

TNLadyPrepper, I agree with Mudcat; that is a great blog post.  Thanks for 7th stepping.

TruT.
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

TBE

I'm taking her to the range today for a little one on one and she's excited!
^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^  ^:)^
Let us therefore animate and encourage each other, and shew the whole world, that a Freeman contending for Liberty on his own ground is superior to any slavish mercenary on earth.  General Washington, July 2, 1776

hawkhavn

Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

TNLadyPrepper

He was quoting that I mentioned I was taking my oldest to the range for some one on one time and that she was excited to go.  She did a good job that afternoon too! 

TBE

Yes, I was referring to TNLP.  A mother taking her young daughter to the range for a day of shooting is, to me, perfectly American.   That scenario is among the very best things that I can think of.   Thanks for making our country better TNLP!  I look forward to seeing you and your daughter shoot rifleman!

I sure wish I shot like a girl. O0   

kentuckyjam

We can finally say we took our daughter shooting this evening.  Excited  ;D, then terrified  :o, then realizing a .22 is not so loud  :~O0  She did really well, we're proud of her.  We were eaten alive by the bugs, but had a good time.

TBE

Good job Kyjam.  There's not much in this world that warms my heart like parents taking the time to teach their children valuable skills.  We have lost so much in this country and we lost it by inches, its good to see people clawing their way back.  You involved parents out there give me hope for my personal future and the future of my own family.

Thank you for taking your job seriously.